Commuting To The Night Shift (part 6)

Commuting To The Night Shift (part 6)

A Chapter by Aziza
"

Kija finds the location of this planet's guardian. About to open the sealed shed, she hope that the guardian can help her reason with the Ice Cream Man and put an end to his aggressive pestering.

"

The door swung open, and slowly a person emerged. She stood medium built, olive toned skin with long ebony hair which was cropped evenly just below her waist. She wore a Caribbean school girls outfit. The ensemble included green plaid dress with a white shirt, knee high black socks, and brown penny loafers. The crest on the left breast of her outfit had a black and gold tiger and dragon entwined and fighting over a lollipop. She carried an elegant golden spear with pretty pink ribbon below the blade. The hilt had 4 engraved runes in an ancient language, which Kija recognized.

 

Kija looked at  the guardian in curiosity for two reasons: the woman looked like she was in her mid-30s in a school girls uniform, and the spear's runes. Kija rubbed her temples and focused mostly on the weapon as the guardian sauntered toward the cowering giant crab. She paused and looked at Kija.

 

Oh how rude of me. She said politely and tilled he head to the side with an unusually cheery manner. Thank you for releasing me. My name is Abbie. Dont worry. I am going to calm down the Ice Cream Man. No need to pacify this dimension.

 

Huh? Yeah! My name is Kijakari. Call me Kija for short.She replied and then tilted her head slightly in a mock puzzled look. Pacify? Kinda jumping to conclusions there, aren't we? I was pulled into this dimension by the former Ice Cream Man. He wasn't a threat, just annoying. If there isnt a reason to go through extreme measures, I am not going to go through them. Ill be here waiting while you work through your problems. Kija shrugged and pointed her finger at the Ice Cream Man with the word problem.

 

Abbie nodded and turned her attention to the now weeping giant crab. Oh hush you. You cant attack guardians. Youll get sealed or worst. Kijas ears picked up the last sentence as she started climbing on the top of the shed to recover her pendant.

 

The Ice Cream Man sobbed and spoke in his native tongue. <I messed up so bad. I thought I was doing good.>

 

Abbie just consoled him, and pet him, <You did well! Sweetie, I could feel your progress. You were able to turn a dead guardian from another planet into one of our minions. Then you found a Nexus guardian. So the first one sealed you. You were able to get the descendant here.>

 

<Wow! What else do you have planned?> Kija said in their language as she twirled her pendant around her finger. Her face was intense with mock excitement, like she was unwrapping a gift.

 

Abbie stared angrily at the smug guardian sitting on the top of the shed. She didn't like being teased at all.

 

Kija giggled, and twirled the pendant especially for Abbie. Like I wouldnt have a way to translate. Look. I am going ignore overhearing this. All you need to do is…” She was interrupted as Abbie teleported in front of her and swung the business end of the spear at her head.

 

The Nexus guardian quickly dodged and landed on the ground. She was about to make a snarky comment when the ground instantly shifted and molded to encase her legs. Kija hastily struck the ground with her sword, freeing herself, but wasnt able to avoid the full contact of Abbies punch to her jaw.

 

Kija flew a few hundred feet into a crystal formation. A couple shears embedded itself in her skin. She groaned and tried to shake off the pain. Before she could roll up to adjust herself, Abbie rained down upon her. The least she could do was evade the spear aiming for her heart, as it grazed her shoulder. Kija kicked Abbie off of her and gathered herself up on her feet, only to be slammed unmerciful to the ground again by the Ice Cream Mans claw.

 

Stuffy Nexus B***h. Former glory fuckers. How dare a baby like you condescend to me? Just because you can move through your f*****g universe and the multiverse with ease? What makes you think that you are better than us? Abbie spat venomously.

 

<Am I doing good?> The Ice Cream Man asked and continuously slammed his claw into the newly formed bloody crater.

 

<Yes, sweet baby you are. Once we kill her, we can puppet her body like the other one and go into the Nexus. We wont be stuck on this dead sealed planet. Your army of fake living demons was prefect. No one expected that we are the only organics here.>

 

The crab suddenly screamed and backed away from the whole as blood shot out of his claw.

 

Sigh A f*****g 50/50 chance and I go and unseal the craziest guardian that is corrupted by her own power. I know I was in for it when I saw the runes on your spear. You already threw away your mortality. Damn I hate coin flips. Kija grumbled as she crawled out of the hole, broken and bloody, her clothes torn and disheveled. She spat blood and looked at it, making sure there were no teeth in the mix. She gritted her teeth in pain, and breathed heavily to elevate it.

 

The all four runes on the staff started to glow, and Abbie started to float in the air. Her form started to glow green. The planet started to shake and react to her exposed level power. Two colossal crystals appeared and collided into Kija, kicking up dust. Abbie knew that this didnt turn her into a guardian crystal sandwich, because she could telepathically feel her struggling against her attack.

 

"Don't you ever strike this child ever again!" She screamed.

 

"Come on lady! He was trying to mash me into paste." Kija grunted out loudly as she struggled against the incoming crystal.

 

"He is a defenseless child." Abbie yelled back with motherly care.

 

"What is your f*****g defenseless? Stop encouraging him to attack me."

 

She rolled her spectral eyes and leaned her head to the side in disgust. You think you can just roll in here make demands?" Abbie telepathically threw a rock at Kija's head with every word she said, trying to knock her unconscious so she can smash her. Kija was able to dodge most of the rocks by tilting her head out of the way.

 

"Demands? Stop hurting me is not a demand. What did I do to deserve this anyway?"

 

Abbie voice was calm and almost emotionless, "Your f*****g kind deserves to be obliterated out of existence. Our planet was a resort planet in this universe. Abundant with life. The Nexus came and raped this land of our organic material. In the name of war and progress. I fought and they sealed me as I felt my planet die. Add insult to injury, they also found a way to seal my guardian ability to move through dimensions."

 

Abbie started to apply more telepathic force against the two crystals. "The Ice Cream Man is the only living thing left on this planet and the first and only creator that could listen to me through this seal. It's only fate that we take back what you Nexus a******s took."

 

Kija just listened as she pushed against the incoming crystals to prevent herself from being crushed. Like they would let you in? You are already marked and tracked.  You also voluntarily lost your mortality. They'll instantly spot you. The Nexus considers all full powered guardians to be a threat, even it's own especially after the Fall. She strained to speak as she struggled to keep the crystals from turning her into paste.

 

Abbie looked at her distain and continued to apply more force. She used some of her power to cure the Ice Cream Man, who was just crying a few feet away. She had a motherly bond to him. He was the last of the creators of this planet, unable to experience the universe in this dimension. The Nexus b*****s were so free. Even when their efficient society was destroyed, the star gates, wormholes, and dimensional tears are still there. This planet is a sealed dead end created by those Nexus parasites. I cant contain my hatred for their freedom to move through dimensions and their universe so freely. She thought miserably.

 

But with this one dead, I can turn her into other one and use the powers to attack the Nexus. She shouted in triumph about her future accomplishment.

 

Why are you such an idiot and just blurting out your f*****g plans?

 

Ignoring the insult, Abbie hovered above, looking down at Kija like she was filth. How can you stop me?

 

Sigh. First Ill get my sword. As Kija spoke, the sword appeared in front of her. Second, Ill lose my headache. The sword grew into a claymore, and four runes carved itself into the blade. One of the runes glowed red and astral blue hue flowed over Kija, her hair returned to its natural curly kinky state and was twisting itself into braided twist on its own. The crystals slowly moved anyway from each other, and Kija injuries started to heal.

 

Noooo! Abbie started to scream.

 

Yeees! Kija replied mockingly. Oh, come on! You know I wasnt in guardian mode. As I said I had no reason to go into it before, but now that I have evidence that you are a threat. Now I am acting accordingly.



© 2014 Aziza


Author's Note

Aziza
Sorry for the earlier formatting problem. Looking into fixing that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
Added on June 14, 2014
Last Updated on June 14, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, science fiction, humor