Myself

Myself

A Poem by Rivaxorus
"

myself, flawed, and beautiful

"
In the event you wish to read this
Go ahead
Because I know where I stand
Where I am too
I am a writer
A creator
I am a lover
A romantic partner 
I am kind
At least on the outside
I am sadistic
To the extend of human nature
There could be  story
Around every corner,
Every step
And I take it head on
I am merely a child
But I certainly
Don't feel
Like one
I've been through many things
Seen even more
And what do I do?
I turn them into a story
I turn them into poems
Blossoming from a seed
Something bad
Can simply be turned good
I am flawed
To the fullest extend
I am not a super hero
I am me
I am a Taurus
I am strange
I am myself
And no one can judge me
I am friends with the strangest of things
Of monsters and men
Of the beast that we fear
They are my best friends
Weather it be demons or ghosts
I believe in them all
I am oddly pessimistic
When it comes to life at times
But then
There are the friends
The one I love
All of them who push me on
I am myself
Beautifully Flawed
Amazingly
Exceptional

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
That is who I am.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really good stuff Abby... I mean seriously, this is you as an immovable object.
Such strength in these words, outright defiance if it must be.
"I am merely a child
But I certainly
Don't feel
Like one"
You write with the conviction and focus of the best of us. I always say wisdom comes from experience, and one's life dictates if that experience is accrued quickly or slowly. You have a powerful soul. A placed a couple things I thought might be typos at the bottom. Again with you, I love this...

"To the extend of human nature" "Weather it be demons or ghosts"
?(extent)? ?(whether)?
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I honestly believe that this is a wonderful poem describing you.

I love how simple it is, too. Why make it complicated? Although as we can tell there is nothing simple about anyone. I love it. A simple poem about a complicated you. If that makes any sense. I love how there isn't a rhyme sequence, but there really isn't a need for one, because it has good flow and I was able to read it quickly and still get a full grasp of who you are.
You say that you are pessimistic in the poem, but with this I find the contrary. You may at times hold a pessimistic view on life, but in this I see someone who is optimistic about what they are doing and who they are.

'I am myself
Beautifully flawed
Amazingly
Exceptional'

This. I love the end. It's truly optimistic. You accept who you are, because you can't change that, nor should you. You are an amazing poet and I am jealous that it comes so naturally to you and at such a young age.

(Although you do spell 'whether' wrong (third to last stanza))

'I've been through many things
Seen even more
And what do I do?
I turn them into a story

I turn them into poems
Blossoming from a seed
Something bad
Can simply be turned good'

These two stanzas stick out to me, because it's something that I can truly relate to.
I have also seen and heard many things that have caused me distress throughout my life. Mostly when I was a child. And only recently have I discovered the power of words and art. It is awesome that you have found this at such a young age. If only I had started writing and releasing, turning the bad to good when I was your age.
This is a remarkable revelation for you to have had.

This is a wonderful poem. Great self-evaluation, maybe you can turn this into self-actualization in the future, and use your skill with words to help people and show that we all need to just accept who we are and love.

Amazing.
Your friend,
Harrisen

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your self confidence in this powerful write...Good job...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


For me so far, Seimei, this is your best piece. Aside from spelling the word extent with a d on the end. There is an endearing openness that invites the reader to encounter you, with your wonder and your 'Beautiful Imperfections'. The meaning is getting stronger in your work. I think also, that as writers we, will all identify with your lines about seeing stories in everything you've lived and things that you see around every corner. Good stuff.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A strong statement of identity - I love that you ended so powerfully: "I am myself, beautifully flawed, amazingly exceptional." Great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really good stuff Abby... I mean seriously, this is you as an immovable object.
Such strength in these words, outright defiance if it must be.
"I am merely a child
But I certainly
Don't feel
Like one"
You write with the conviction and focus of the best of us. I always say wisdom comes from experience, and one's life dictates if that experience is accrued quickly or slowly. You have a powerful soul. A placed a couple things I thought might be typos at the bottom. Again with you, I love this...

"To the extend of human nature" "Weather it be demons or ghosts"
?(extent)? ?(whether)?
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem! It amazes me how well you know yourself at only 15. I think even in my 20s I was still trying to define who I am. Now in my 40s, I am redefining myself.. lol. This was a great poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love this! Exceptional poem from exceptional you!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2013
Last Updated on April 22, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Every day Every day

A Poem by Rivaxorus