Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Serena Tan
"

The prologue.

"

Prologue

          “Burger! What are you barking at?” Selene shouted while running to her front yard, where her dog was barking so loudly.

Burger didn’t normally bark at passersby, so there must be something wrong.

“Oh,” Selene paused as she saw what her dog was barking at.

“It’s just a parcel, Burger,” she sat down, and caressed the dog’s brown head smoothly, and giggled as Burger licked her hand playfully.

“Come on, Burger,” the girl grasped a small parcel on the floor, and walked back into the house, excited of what she had just received.

As soon as Selene walked into the house, a man walked out of his hiding place.

“I wish you enjoy your gift,” he whispered evilly with his eyes fixed on the door Selene had just walked through. He clenched his fists. He was about to take a revenge for his mother. Just a few seconds to go! He only had to wait for the woman opened the parcel. Only that!

Meanwhile, Selene put her parcel down on the table. Burger was standing beside her, looking at it curiously.

“For you and Jason,” she read the message written on it, and smiled. Today was the first anniversary of the sweet relationship between Jason and her. Her friend must have sent her this little gift for this special occasion.

“Let’s see what’s inside, shall we?” she spoke merrily to her dog, and opened the parcel.

Selene frowned a bit. There was another small paper box inside.

“Why should you guys make this so mysterious?” the girl murmured.

She opened it. And as soon as she looked into the box and saw what the object was, her eyes dilated widely in shock. She threw the object away, and screamed out!



© 2011 Serena Tan


Author's Note

Serena Tan
What do you think about my book?
Please let me know :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on October 20, 2011