Nothing I could do

Nothing I could do

A Chapter by Shadowkai
"

I couldn't do anything... I felt so helpless

"

            We ran fast, Zach was losing blood quickly and we had no clue what could have done this to him. By the time we had finally made it out of the woods, Zach had passed out.

       “Hurry up we’re losing him!” I screamed.

       Dan came running out of his house confused as hell. We carried Zach inside where we laid him across the kitchen table. When we had finally been able to calm down slightly, I checked for a pulse… nothing, he was gone. I couldn’t help but feel responsible.

       “What are we gonna do!?” Ben cried, as he dropped to the ground in the corner.

       We had no way to contact our parents, and Dan’s were out of town. We were all alone… or were we? We heard something strange that even now I can’t explain. We all ran to the window and what we saw drained any spirit left in our bodies.

       There standing at the edge of the woods was an extremely tall man, or something, wearing a full suit with a red tie… but he had no face. He matched the very character from the game we were trying to play that very night. We didn’t think it was possible. We had so many questions… Why us? Why now? And we would never find those answers, sadly some didn’t eve live long enough to think of them.

       “Are you guys seeing what I’m seeing?” Brandon had asked.

       “Y-Yeah…b-but it can’t be possible, he is just an urban legend… a fictional character,” I stuttered in response.

       “Then how can you explain what happened to Zach!” Josh shouted.

       Josh wasn’t the brightest and definitely does not like to think before he acts. Before we could stop him he grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ran outside making a beeline for the tall man.

       In just a matter of a few seconds, the tall man had smacked Josh away sending him flying back, but we didn’t get a chance to try to run and find him. A dark and raspy voice could be heard behind us, it said only one thing…”Go To Sleep!” We turned around to see none other than Jeff the killer. Before any of us had the chance to move his knife had found its way into Brandon’s throat.

       With a little flick of his wrist, he finished the slice and sent Brandon’s head flying away. We all screamed as the blood sprayed from his neck coating us in the thick shiny fluid. I dashed out of the way of his next strike, but ben wasn’t so lucky. Because he had been sitting in the corner he was trapped, I had to watch as this mad man sliced my friend to bits.

       Dan grabbed my arm yanking me back outside where we could see a small humanoid figure hunched over Josh’s corpse. It looked at us, its eye large and pitch black. I went running in one direction and Dan ran in the other, sadly luck was not on his side because it sprang up and sprinted towards him.

       I couldn’t stand to watch another one of my friends get slaughtered, so I continued to run. I ran and ran until I finally reached the road. I sprinted towards town, never turning around afraid it would be the last time I would. When I was sure I was finally alone, I stopped and took a breather… soon I had seen headlights, a car was heading down the road in my direction. I waved it down… it stopped and I got in.



© 2015 Shadowkai


Author's Note

Shadowkai
Short and i'm still trying to decide how long i wanna make this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That escalated quickly... Five deaths in one short chapter, that was unexpected. I had thought you would kill one or maybe two in each chapter, but this works fine too. I guess it does make the story shorter, at least i think it does.

You're getting better at writing thriller/horror with each chapter. The suspense and unexpected events have improved compared to the last chapter. Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 24, 2015
Tags: Creepypasta, Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, The Rake


Author

Shadowkai
Shadowkai

Rochester, NY



About
I am a 16 year old writer, i will be posting one to two poems each day. On every Monday i will post additions to "The End of Humanity" and every Wednesday i will add to "Bane of The Darkness". Fridays.. more..

Writing
All Alone All Alone

A Poem by Shadowkai