Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Shallowed

Introduction
Hey, do you know what I noticed? When you're having such a breeze with life you normally don't register things very quickly. I'm like that. I have a girlfriend, a lot of friends, cool teachers, decent grades, a awesome family, and the best house anyone could ever wish for. So I never look into what real life could be like. Reality isn't fun to toy around with. It's lame. You get tossed around and practically slapped. Theres poverty all around the world. Many species are endangered because of the banged up job we did to the earth. And are we suppose to just shut up and deal with it? Or are we supposed to do something about it? 
My name is Knox Lee. Pretty weird name right? Yeah, at least I'm not named "Smackey" like my older brother is. Are parents are weird people. What were they thinking when they decided to name us? At the time, I never fully understood how weird our parents REALLY were. In fact, it scares me a little how ignorant my brother and I was at the time despite all the things going on. 
When I was 15 years old I was biking with one of my best friends from down the street. His name is Max. We were going all around town to take pictures for some lame a*s project. This project nearly cost me my life. MY LIFE. Yeah, getting a damned 'A' grade doesn't compare to the choice of 'if you want to live'. 
We started to bike near a old railroad track. We wanted to look for some lizards to take pictures of. While on the road my bike hit some nail and the next thing I knew I was on the floor, coughing in the dust. I brushed myself off and got up. Right at that moment a train came rolling by. I was lucky that I wasn't directly in the tracks but as I got up from the floor, my head scraped across the side of the train. Then I think I hit something that was pointing outwards then I blacked out.
When I woke up I was in a hospital. I had no idea where I was and I had no idea who I was. It took a few weeks until my head had completely healed. But it left behind a nasty scar on my forehead. Kind of like Harry Potter but it wasn't a lightning bolt shape or anything. It was just a straight vertical scar across my forehead. A bunch of people that I couldn't remember were crowding around me, whispering and stuff. When they saw I awoke, a lady that I soon found out was my mother, nearly hugged me to death. What a shame would have that been if I had survived a collision with a train but a death by a hug.
I hope that you give these messages to the 'Red'. I want the future recruits to know who had saved the damned place. Thanks for reading this by the way. I hope you believe this is all true because I sure don't even exactly know if this is a extremely long dream or reality. The next message will begin with the real story. But for now... Stay tuned man. 

Sincerely,
Knox Lee


© 2010 Shallowed


Author's Note

Shallowed
Introduction
10-7-10 V.1

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on October 8, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010


Author

Shallowed
Shallowed

San Fransisco, CA



About
Wazzah? My name is Andrew. I love to write, read, game, play, listen, watch, eat, drink, laugh, and some other stuff. You will notice I write very satirical poems and strange stories. I have just post.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Shallowed


The Freak The Freak

A Poem by Shallowed