Man in the black jacket

Man in the black jacket

A Chapter by Shichan
"

Okiku is conflicted, should she approach him or not conflicted and anxious until he approaches her. How would the conversation go ? Read and find out.

"
What would it feel to meet your favourite author in your favourite place? I never knew.... until today.
I am okiku a 26 year old literature lover engineer. I hate my job! It's not like the job is bad, but the people surrounding me are empty, fake , devious ! That's why I use this place and sir Arthur's book to escape this empty world. Sir Arthur is my inspiration, my idol
He is just my age yet a amazing writer.
I am walking in my favourite place Mary's garden. A beautiful and quite place, I am holding sir Arthur's famous book and my favourite book, "sparrow's wing". Which shows the story of a sparrow who is a little injured and seeks help everywhere but in the end everyone leaves her side and she dies. It is written in such a way that one can literally see the events happening infront of their eyes, sir Arthur is indeed a GREAT WRITER.
As I came to my usual sitting spot I saw a pale skinned , slender man in black jacket sitting there he was writing something, I looked at him and frowned. It was MY sitting spot I decided to tell him that until I saw his face. He was....SIR ARTHUR?!!!!
I got nervous so I quickly went and sat on a bench away from his as I didn't wanted to disturb him. Sir Arthur was disgraced by media for being rude but I believed anyone would be angry if disturbed it's not his fault. Still... I wanted to meet him, tell him that I love his works but I was nervous. I quickly opened the book I had and started reading it but I couldn't focus.
"Ahh he is here, I want to meet him. No ,I HAVE TO MEET HIM!! But what if I annoyed him?!! I don't want to upset him ughhhh!"
I was thinking all this when I suddenly heard a voice sharp yet playful.
"Your anxiousness is VERY obvious you know."
I looked up and my brown eyes met with his blue ones. He was grinning at me. He then looked at the book in my hands and frowned.
"You are my fan huh?"
I tilted my head to the side. Why was he upset ? Was this because he thought I would bug him because I am his fan?
"Yes sir, I am a big fan."
He smirked and spoke in a sarcastic tone.
"Yes? Well then tell me what did you understand by my book ......hmm... what did you understand from "sparrow's wing ".."
He smirked expecting me to know nothing I can tell this by his face. Still I smiled a genuine smile, as the breeze flew across my face brushing my hair off my face.
"Sparrow's wing is indeed a masterpiece sir, it shows how a injured sparrow depends on others help , instead of helping herself , she clung to other people and their help trusting them fully, still in the end everyone left her. And by the time she decided to help herself, her dependency on others had worsened her condition soo much that she dies in the end nonetheless. I think had she been dependent on herself....her condition would have been better. The story beautifully portrays the result of too much dependency on others and not oneself I think it also shows the bitter reality of the world."
With that I looked up at him and he looked shocked.
"Wow..... everytime I asked someone about this book they all talked about the way I wrote the story..... nobody.. nobody ever understood the meaning behind the story....... but You did."
He smiled and sat beside me and I froze at which he chuckled and swung his arm around my shoulder.
"Oh c'mon don't be like that I am also a human you guys treat me like I am some God or something hmm.... what is your name."
"I..It's o..okiku s..sir."
He frowned at the word 'sir'.
"Oh out with it. Don't call me sir ...I don't like it it feels.....I loose my individuality."
"Hm? What?"
"I am sick of people treating me like some deity .... okiku.....I don't have...I don't have any friends because of my reputation as author.....so...uhm.. I was thinking if ...if..if you...ughh okiku WOULD YOU BE MY FRIEND?"
He asked rubbing the back of his neck. I looked down realising how tough it must be for him being treated like a celebrity. No friends, no peace...I smiled and looked at him then grinned.
"Ofcourse I would love to be your friend sir...no.... Arthur..."
He smiled before chuckling a little and looking at me.
"That's better... okiku..."
He looked at me and I looked at him smiling,In that moment I didn't felt like I was looking at my favourite author or someone very famous, or arrogant and rude the way media portrayed him it felt like..... meeting a long lost friend after a long time. .... Exactly....That's what he is now...my FRIEND.

I never knew how it would be like to meet my favourite author.... but now I do.....It won't be awkward, it won't be extraordinary, it won't be special.
It would be just be like that.... meeting my long lost friend.......


© 2023 Shichan


Author's Note

Shichan
Kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes, English isn't my first language. And I know that this story isn't great but I haven't written anything before so kindly give your reviews so I can improve myself 😊

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on November 27, 2023
Last Updated on November 27, 2023
Tags: Romance, fiction, comedy


Author

Shichan
Shichan

About
I am a 17 year old girl, I have a passion for writing so I am starting to write as a hobby. English isn't my first language so there will be grammatical mistakes. Most of my stories would be sad or ro.. more..

Writing