Why not.....?

Why not.....?

A Chapter by Shichan
"

Okiko shares her passion for writing with Arthur does he support her or discourages her? Read and find out...

"
Arthur's pov-
I am looking at her.... she isn't looking at me,... instead she is looking down, her gentle brown eyes staring at the grass as the gentle breeze caresses her skin and blows 'her' hair.
Despite me asking her to be formal with me she is still a little nervous, I can't blame her to be honest. By how well she gave the summary of "sparrow's wing" , I believe she has been following me for long. It's obvious to get nervous around the author of the books you like.
After a while of looking at her I let out a long sigh and spoke.
"So what do you do?"
I asked looking at her curiously, I wanted to know what does an incredible girl like her do....I would be more than happy if she said that she is a author too.... but... reality is often disappointing.
"I am an engineer sir...I mean Arthur."
I frowned at her sentence. Engineer? Engineer?!!! She is an amazing girl she can be an incredible writer. Her sense of literature is amazing! Why an engineer then?
"What? Your sense of understanding for literature is incredible! You should be a writer! Have you ever tried writ-."
I was cut off by her chuckling.
"Sorry... but you looked so cute while saying all that."
My eyes widened on realising that how childishly I was behaving and I scratched the back of my head sheepishly.
"Well I just thought of it as unfair.... you could make a great writer ....yet you are an engineer?"
"I am a engineer Arthur, yes .... But I still do write as a hobby.... Ofcourse I don't get paid otherwise I will loose my job."
She said smiling.
I didn't knew why but Her smile warmed up my heart . When she smiled I felt...I can't quite put a finger on what. It just feels.....'amazing'.
I grinned at her.
"Well that's an incredible thing.... Can I read any of your works."
I asked her as I was really interested in what this incredible girl's writing were like, what would be her writing style, her genre, I wanted to know everything.
Luckily she nodded and pulled out her phone from her pocket . She typed the password and opened some app and opened one of her work and then handed me the phone.
"It's not that good but I still hope you do not hate it."
She said quite sheepishly, and I don't know why I didn't doubt her writing at all, I believed that her writing wouldn't be bad at all. And I was right!
The story was of horror genre .
An old woman who was abandoned and betrayed by her family plans to take revenge on her family, she planned to take her family to a abandoned house in the woods which was on sale and rumoured to be haunted. She took her son and daughter and their spouses to that house on the excuse of vacation and killed them and to get away from the blame of the crime she claimed that it was the ghost who lived in the house and who killed her family. She had even stabbed herself which proved her theory correct.
But after a while the ghost of her family whom she killed started to haunt the house in real ,and in the end the ghosts of her family drove the old woman soo mad that she burned the house along with herself. The ending was upto reader's imagination, the woman's death could have been by the ghosts or she was just crazy.
The story was bone chilling, word choice was excellent and everything was perfect.
I looked up at her with a smile and returned the phone.
"Okiko....I loved the story." I turned away to look at the sky and spoke softly.
"I think you should start writing full time." I said calmly.
WHAT?!! N..no Arthur I can't i..I.." she blabbered nervously but I cut her off before she can complete.
"Why not ? I know that writing isn't a stable job and I am not asking you to abruptly quit your job and come become an author."
She looked at me completely confused so I sighed and started explaining as if explaining a question to a child, all the while I didn't take my eyes of the sky.
"Okiko if you want to become a writer or not that's completely upto you...... But if you want to take the risk I have a plan to help you ."
"A.... plan?" she asked.
"Yes .....want me to tell you?"
I asked and she hesitantly nodded.
"If you want to become a author start writing under some author.... for free ofcourse you don't want to lose your job right? I am saying this because even though your writing is good it still you need more refining and practice under a professional, this will train you to work on demand and on time......... And when you think you have learnt enough try publishing a book and when you are sure you can earn money in the writing world..... quit your job."
I said calmly as if it was nothing despite knowing it was a lot to do. But if even I acted as if it is a big deal she will never take the first leap.
Suddenly my train of thoughts was interrupted by her beautiful and angelic voice.
"But if I failed to do it . What If I am not good enough?"
She asked.
"I have read your work okiko...... Believe me you are better than 80% of the so-called new writer I have seen."
I said sternly.
"But still...... No great writer would hire me to work under them becau- ."
"I WILL."
I cut her off as a small part of me was DYING to hire her... To be around her.... To see her daily?
"I will hire you okiko, I won't let an incredible talent like you slip away."
I smirked and she blushed a little , before looking down. She really underestimated herself I suppose.
"But .....should I try.....?" she asked. And I smiled warmly at her
"Okiko ..... you are an amazing talent..... And I am not saying this because of your writing skills only I am saying this because you have a passion for writing and literature. Okiko you understand literature, you respect literature.....okiko 'you live literature !'..... the world of literature needs people like you so I would say...... "
"WHY NOT....?"
She looked at me her eyes widened a little before her expression turned to that of a face full of confidence. A confident smile on her face as she spoke .
"I think ,.....will work for you Arthur!"
I grinned.
"That's the spirit!"


I looked at her..... she was looking at me. The gentle breeze caresses her face filled with confidence and blows her hair. Her hair...... the hair of an amazing future writer.


© 2023 Shichan


Author's Note

Shichan
I know this writing isn't very good, but please drop reviews it will help me improve.
Kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes English isn't my first language. Thank you 😊.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on November 30, 2023
Last Updated on November 30, 2023
Tags: Romance, fiction, comedy


Author

Shichan
Shichan

About
I am a 17 year old girl, I have a passion for writing so I am starting to write as a hobby. English isn't my first language so there will be grammatical mistakes. Most of my stories would be sad or ro.. more..

Writing