Chapter 5: Sunset

Chapter 5: Sunset

A Chapter by Shin

We went to the parking lot and there were many people outside. They were all looking at us like they were about to eat us again alive. Every girl that we pass by, Martin just laughs at their faces. I don’t know why, he just begins to laugh every time he sees the faces of the girls.

“Why are you laughing every time we pass by a girl?” I asked him.

“Their faces look very funny. It’s like they will eat you guys when we pass by them, ha-ha” he started laughing again.

I looked at Abby and Jane and they also looked at me. We all started laughing because it’s the gosh-he’s-gone-crazy look.

“What’s so funny?” he asked us. We were still laughing.

“Nothing” we said.

We stopped in front of a black cruiser.

“It’s your car?” I was pointing at the cruiser.

“No.”

“Where is it?”

“There.” He was pointing at a fuchsia Mazda 3.

“That’s… yours?” I was shocked, really shocked. How come a boy has a pink car?

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure my bike can fit in its compartment?” I asked him as I look around the car. The car was so cute, the color fits it size.

“Of course” he said, smiling at me. He opened the door of the driver’s sit.

“By the way, where’s you bike?” he continued.

I pointed at the corner at the back of the building. That’s where we should put our bikes. There are different parking lots for cars, motors and bikes.

“Wait for me here. I’ll just get it” I said to him.

When I was about to walk, he grabbed my arm and pulled me.

“Why would you get it? I’ll be the one to get it. Just wait for me here. You can get in the car if you want the doors are open” he said to us.

“I’ll go with you. Besides, you don’t know which my bike is” I said to him.

“I know” he said silently, almost like a whisper.

“Stay here, get in the car. I can take care of this” he continued then walked towards the bicycles.

We got in the car. It was like I’m inside of Kevin’s car because the seats are all leather and it was very soft, very comfortable to seat on. The car has a good smell, it’s like a perfume was sprayed all over the car. They are cute stuff toys at the passenger seat.

He likes stuff toys. Guy? Stuff toy? Never in my life had I known a guy who likes stuff toys.

He was walking toward us now with my bike.

Okay. How did he know what my bike is?

I looked at the other window and saw some of our classmates walking outside the gate.

Maybe they are going home now.

Then suddenly, the car shook, as if there is something so heavy that just dropped from the roof.

When the shaking was gone, Martin entered the car. He started the engine and took off.

“Where did you place my bike?” I asked him. I was sitting at the side of the driver’s seat. I was looking at him

“At the roof of the car” he said. He was looking at the road. There were not that many cars pass by at the road we took.

“That’s why the car was shaking” I whispered.

“What? Did you say something?” he asked me.

“Nothing” I answered.

“We’re almost there. It’s already 5:00p.m” he said to us.

We passed by many trees and the road was not very familiar. That was the first time that I went to that road. It’s like a mountain and we stopped at the top. We went outside and all that I can see are trees and mountains all over.

“We’re here. Come on, let’s go. The sunset might finish” he said.

He led the way and we followed. It’s was like a forest, full of trees and all.

“Is it safe to walk here?” I am really afraid of wild animals. Well, who wouldn’t be?

“Yeah. If not, maybe I was all ready dead a long time ago.”

We were walking and walking and when I looked at my watch it’s all ready 5:30.

“Are we there yet?” I asked him. I was so tired of walking and walking. I can see also that Abby and Jane are tired. We were sweating so hard.

“We’re here” he said. He looked at us and walked.

We followed and at the end of the cliff we saw the sunset. It was very beautiful. We can see the sunset clearly there. He looked down at the cliff and pointed something. He looked down and saw the white sand beach. There were many people swimming even though it was very cold.

“I didn’t know there’s a place like this here.” Abby said.

“How did you know this place? It’s so beautiful” I asked him.

“My mother always brings me here when she fetches me in school when I was still a little kid. I always go here when I have problems, when I am very stressed in school. I feel relaxed when I go here, it’s like my problems are going down like when the sun sets” he said, looking at the sun, looking at nowhere.

“The view is very relaxing” Jane said.

“I told you I know a good view of it” he looked at us and smiled.

He looked at his watch. “It’s already 6:00, I’ll take you home, and your parents might be looking for you” he said.

We walked down and into the car. I fell asleep while we are going home. I woke up and I was all ready at my bed! I was still in my clothes.

How did I get in? Did I sleep walk?

I ran down stairs and I saw my mom at the living room, reading her favorite magazine.

“Mom, how did I�"“I said.

“That tall and handsome boy drove you home right? You were still sleeping when you got here” my mom said.

“But how did I get in the house?” I asked her.

“He carried you in” my mother said.

“He carried me?”

He carried me in? He really did that? I can’t believe it!

“Yes, Abby said that they were waking you up but you were sound asleep and you won’t wake up. So he carried you.”

“How did he know our address?”

“He’s with Jane and Abby right? You and Abby were asleep and Jane was awake so she said the directions. He’s very nice for a good looking guy.”

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“Some good looking guys are very boastful; they feel like they are the most handsome guys in the world.”

“Yeah, true enough.”

“Anyway, eat your dinner, it’s raining hard outside. I hope he came to his house dry.”

“Why?”

“When he carried you in, there was a slight rain so I said that they should go home or the rain might fall so hard and he wouldn’t see the road. You should call him right after you have your dinner okay?”

“Yeah, sure, I’ll call him.”

I finished my dinner and went upstairs to my room. I looked at my cell phone and there were many text messages from Abby and Jane. I remembered the times when Kevin always text me with sweet  messages and he always asks me if I’m okay, but now, I don’t receive any text message from him, even one.

I placed my phone above the table beside my bed and when I was about to go to the restroom my phone suddenly rang. Some one was calling.

Wonder who calls at this time.

There was a big Martin at the screen of my phone when I looked at it.

“Hello?” he said.

“Oh, hello. Why did you call?”

“I just wanted to know if your all ready awake.”

“Ah. Now I am. You’re at home?”

“Nope, I’m at the restaurant. I’m more comfortable sleeping here than in our house.”

“My mom said that when you left me here it’s all ready raining. Did Abby and Jane arrive at their house safe?”

“Of course they arrived safe. I’m not a lousy driver you know.”

“Did you arrive there safe?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about me, even it’s very dark I can go back safely. I can even drive when my eyes are closed” he said, he was laughing at the other line.

“Very funny.”

“I know.”

“Har-har”

“Why?”

“Nothing.”

“Sorry. Did you eat all ready?”

“Yeah, I just finished.”

“That’s good.”

“What’s good about it?”

“I’m just worried that maybe you will sleep without even eating dinner.”

“I can survive even I’m not going to eat dinner.”

“Still, you should eat your dinner.”

“Why?”    

“You should not waste money you know. Your mother prepared the food for you then you will not eat it. Her efforts are gone into wastes.”

“I can eat it tomorrow when I wake up in the morning.”

“You should not skip meals. It’s bad for your health.”

“How do you say so?’

“My doctor always tells me that because I always skip meals because of my training so I don’t have time to eat. That’s why I’m always sick.”

“You’re the one who’s skipping meals, not me. You don’t look that you’re always sick.”

“Yeah, I know I don’t look like that. But even though, it’s okay for me to skip meals but you, you should not.”

“You sound like you’re my boy friend.”

“I’m just concerned for you. That’s all.”

“Ah. Hey, I need to change my clothes. Bye.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“By the way,”

“What is it?”

“Thanks for the ride home. Where’s my bike anyway?”

“It’s still with me.”

“Huh? How will I go to school if I don’t have my bike?”

“Don’t worry. You will not end up walking or paying for a bus to go to school tomorrow.”

“But--”

“Bye” He hung up.

Okay, he hung up on me. How’ll I go to school tomorrow? WaIk? Gosh. It’s morning then I’ll go to school looking haggard.

I went to the restroom and had a shower. The clothes I wore smells like the perfume of Martin. I can still smell it. It still smells good.

I went to bed but I can’t find my sleep. I can’t sleep. I really can’t sleep. I was thinking about what happened. I was thinking of what will happen tomorrow. How will I go o school without my bike? With so many things to think about, I began feeling a bit sleepy. I didn’t notice the time that I fell asleep.



© 2011 Shin


Author's Note

Shin
Just ignore the grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011


Author

Shin
Shin

MNL, Philippines



About
Hi. I'm Katrina. 17 year old who likes writing poems, short stories, and novels for fun. :) I can't really share all my writings here because of school. And yeah, hope you all enjoy them. I .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shin


Angels Cry Angels Cry

A Book by Shin


Liham (Letter) Liham (Letter)

A Story by Shin