Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Shoelissa
"

So obviously there is room for improvement and I would love your thoughts! Writing is rewriting and I am willing to do so!

"

Prologue 

It’s three o’clock in the morning. I am lying in bed and I can’t fall back asleep. I know that it’s just hours before Alex or Michelle will be awake so I lay still in the bed. I’m thinking about what to make them for breakfast. Maybe it’s a cereal day; I’m too tired to make a big production out of breakfast. I’m thinking of ways to get them to leave me alone while I take a nap later. I’m breathing deeply so I grab my book and turn on the lamp. The light isn’t bright enough to read so I just sit here holding my book in my lap, pretending to read its contents. Staring at the page lined with black ink I realize it’s upside-down and I don’t want to read it anyway.

Closing my eyes I sit here beginning to think about my husband. My husband won’t have to worry about Alex and Michelle today. He will be gone in two hours and when he gets home they will be ready for bed. 

I get up and walk to the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of grapefruit juice and I take a sip. I can feel the cold, pink liquid go down my throat. It’s refreshing on this hot summer night. Most people think of the snow covered streets or the rain that fills most of Chicago’s days, but it does get hot. This week had been hotter than hell! Or at least it feels like it. The air conditioner is broken too.

I went back to bed trying to go back to sleep. But I’m not trying very hard. I am thinking. I’m thinking of a lot of different things because I don’t have time to think during the day. Not with Alex and Michelle running around like maniacs yelling at one another.

I get back up and walk to the kitchen. I take out my phone and play with the calculator.  I’ve resorted to playing with a calculator! There is no way I am going to be able to go to sleep now! I walk back to my room. I seem to be doing a lot of walking back and forth. I lie down over the covers and sit up.

My husband is lying next to me fast asleep but all I could think of was all the crazy times we had together before we even thought of the idea of marriage. I was thinking of the times back in seventh and eighth grade when he was popular and I was not. Back when I was the last girl he would think of dating let alone marring! Back when he thought of other girls to like.

Back in seventh grade when I was living in a world where all I could see was him. But all he could see was her. What was so great about her anyway? She wasn’t all that pretty, she wasn’t all that smart, and she was so, so depressing! This started out as a regular, old grammar school crush, until…

…I got recruited.



© 2012 Shoelissa


Author's Note

Shoelissa
Thanks for reading!!! Tell me what you thing thus far! I know it's slow at the moment! I promise it picks up! I'll post Chapter 1 next Thursday!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's pretty good so far. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on June 22, 2012
Tags: spy, CIA, young adult, recruited, prologue


Author

Shoelissa
Shoelissa

It's a place, where stuff is. I think there are people here too.



About
I am 15! I have a very strong passion for writing obviously. I am an IB freshman! I am also a FANGROHL Nerdfighter, proud Philatic, Directioner, actress, music lover, and drummer! Very excited to sta.. more..

Writing
The... The...

A Poem by Shoelissa