Familiar Taste of Poison

Familiar Taste of Poison

A Chapter by Katharine Eilene
"

Rosette is a young aristocratic child who's father was a major politician in France. On the day of their return home from a important dinner party, their carriage is attacked.

"

Our story begins with one's past of a 15 year old girl born into a family of rich nobles. Her name is Rosette Christopher Magilin. Today marks her parent's wedding anniversary and they had all wanted to celebrate with a fantastic dinner in the French origin restaurant of Ferr'e Rattoui. Traveling in a carriage of exotic riches in a trunk, the family sat inside. Allow me to tell you a little bit about this family's history.

Chere, Rosette's mother, was known to be one of the most beautiful French women to ever be courted from an Italian bachelor during one the cities ravishing parties. Chere was well-bred and taught never to take advantage of a bachelor's heart. Which is no wonder that the most powerful politician fell in love, who is currently her husband and true love. His name is Marco Magilin. In the 1930s, Marco had decided to enter into politics to rise to power just as his father before him and so-on. In order to gain more stature he hosted bachelor parties after bachelor parties to find the one wife to cause jealously in the politics world. He found her, except she was not of Italian descent. He had fallen in love with a French woman, in which marrying a women from another country while in politics would hurt anyone's status greatly. He was a kind man and followed his heart. Even though he married her, their marriage has not affected his political stand due to her unique beauty and kindness. Now they are together with their beautiful daughter, Rosette.

"Oh darling, dinner was ravishing," Chere talked animatedly as she gestured rhythmically with her hands. Chere loved parties and just couldn't get enough of them, especially since she was sharing her life with her husband. She was always the center of attention and knew exactly how to dress to impress. Tonight, Chere had decided to wear the exact gown that she wore when her husband had courted her. The dress she wore was the most beautiful that money could buy. Baby blue in color, its wrinkles at the seam of the beam could only remind one of an ocean. The bows accenting its shape were lighter in color, almost white. Gloves were worn, white to work with the blue. A sterling silver necklace with a dark sparkling gem at its center was wrapped around her neck. Her hair was pulled up into a beautiful up do that held a brooch of diamonds in her hair. The brunette color shined with every movement she made. Curls had always been one of her most impressive features; they accented her bright green eyes. The slippers containing one diamond at each front center was covered entirely from the length of her dress.

"Yes, Chere. Were you perfectly pleasant with sitting next to Margarette Frior?" Marco smiled brightly as his mustache widened with his smile. To dinner he had worn his favorite suit, a dark navy blue suit lined with four badges. These badges were a symbol of his stature and he was two away from being able to try to work as a peacekeeper. His hair was dark brown had was cropped short enough to his liking, just above the ears. He wasn't like the politicians, who kept their hair as short as possible. He believed that looks were just as important as knowledge and did his best to upkeep it. His beard was the same color as his hair and mustache.

"Please darling, I really wish that you wouldn't mention her name." Chere's eyes glanced up at her husband. "You know she doesn't like me at all. I believe she is envious of me for taking you away from here..." With a bashful look, she turned away and looked outside at the landscape.

"Cherie, I was but only teasing you." Marco smiled and chuckled as he sat across from his wife. With gentle hands, he grabbed hers in his and rubbed delicately, "You know why she was jealous?" He leaned closer and placed a kiss on her forehead, "It's your beauty. No woman in all of Italy can match yours".
Releasing her hand and laying back, he looked at a dark figure in the corner. It appeared to be a doll dressed in black, gothic clothing. Thin brown hair and eyes appeared to almost black due to its pale white skin. His feature darkened as the doll moved.
"Rosette, you didn't eat anything for dinner...are you not hungry still?"
The figure turned back around to face Margo. Closing her eyes, her right hand lifted and touched the window of the carriage. Caressing the curtain for a minute, she let her hand fall slowly and looked at her father. She shook her head in a 'no' gesture and returned to continuing to stare back at the window.
"Rosette, you have to speak sometime....!"
A loud shot was heard outside of the carriage as the driver halted the horses. It appeared to come from the front of the carriage, yet there were men talking in the back.

"Driver?" Chere's voice seemed to draw attention from whoever were talking. A loud bang sounded next to Chere. "OH!" She yelped in slight fear as men dressed in black appeared, in their arms were guns of an unusual size. There was no moon and their faces could not be seen as they didn't carry any torches of any sort.

Marco looked sternly at the men. "What may I help you gentlemen with this evening?" Marco appeared relaxed, but his legs bounced restlessly as his nerves were getting to him.

A large man appeared in front of the men in black. His eyes were bright, making him stick out from the others. "I don't need any help, I'll just help myself." Quickly, he grabbed onto Chere's arm and began to pull hard. His men all pointed their guns at Margo, watching to make sure he didn't move in any way.

"Help!" Rosette's mother suddenly screamed in fear. She twisted and turned in a desperate attempt to escape the clutches of the leader's tight grip of her left arm as he pulled her out of the carriage. "Marco, HELP!"

"Lookie here, seems we have ourselves a frisky one." The tall leader laughed heavily, causing the wheels of the carriage to resonate slightly.
"How about we kiss this sweet face and see how good it tastes?"
With incredible strength he pulled her arm hard, almost causing her to fall backwards, and wrapped his arms around Chere tightly.
"Believe me, you're going to enjoy this." He sneered as he imagined exactly what her husband was thinking. Nothing was more joyful than taking care of business with a man's wife right in front of him. Without hesitating, he brought his face to Chere's face and kissed while she tried to scream.

 

Rosette's eyes were bleak and empty of all emotion even as her mother was about to be raped in front of her and her dominating political father now a helpless ordinary man held at gun point. She was an empty shell, a husk of a human being. How could a child be such as this?

 

The men never noticed the young girl in the carriage giving the girl a change to do something, anything to help her family.

Will she even try?



© 2012 Katharine Eilene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012


Author

Katharine Eilene
Katharine Eilene

Indianapolis, IN



About
Oh my. Here I'm supposed to say what I'm like, who I am, and what you are probably going to want to know about me. It's not that easy. How about I just give you some random info? I'm a private.. more..

Writing