Facing Reality

Facing Reality

A Chapter by Red Rose
"

You can't run away forever..

"
 Chapter 3.     Euphoric girl

After what seemed like minutes, I reluctantly backed away from my piece of heaven.
But I was not fooled. The sun was already setting, which meant that I've been out for more than an hour. My mouth set on a grim line as I pictured the punishment waiting for me back at Lockhart's delusional castle. And he sure won't be pleased with the bucket of muddy water I'm bringing back.

My journey back was heartbreaking. The freedom I've always dreamt of, was on the palm of my hands. But I have to throw it away. Putting Mary at risk was out of the question.
I took steady strides forward, but I was falling apart on the inside. 

I looked around furiously, taking in every colour, etching into my mind every detail of my surroundings, even details that others would deem insignificant. I memorized the wild looking bushes with pretty blue flowers on either sides of the brown dirt road. I memorized the sounds of birds happily singing love songs to each other. I memorized this very real dream.

The tall trees gently swayed to the sudden wind, and the first of many raindrops for that evening began to fall. I raised my face up to the now clouded sky and let myself feel the cooling rain. Hot tears streamed down my face mixing with the rain, and soaking into my dress.
The house came into view. I can't do this. I will die..

Before I could change my mind, I ran to the point that marked the beginning of Lockhart's vast property. I pushed open the huge iron gate and entered with weak knees and trembling hands.
The house loomed over me, looking haunted and inhabited by evil spirits. But the person inside was far more evil, the only fitting word would be diabolical.

Soon, I stood in front of the door to reality. I placed my hand on the doorknob, took a deep breath and pushed it open.

.......

Darkness. The entrance hall was dark. Confused, I stepped in touching the walls as I walked in deeper, allowing my eyes to adjust to the darkness.
"Master Lockhart?" My voice trembled. A weak moan broke the silence, startling me.
I briskly moved to the light switch I knew through memory and switched on the light.

I blinked a few times in the blinding light and let my eyes drift around the room.
The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I found a limp body in a pool of blood- Lockhart's body.

"What happened?" My voice came out a bit louder than usual. Then I remembered- the car. It must be them. But I don't understand.. 
I ran over to where he lay in a grotesque manner, and bent over him. His eyes were shut tight and he was breathing hard. I reached my hand out, about to touch him but then a shocking thought striked.

This is my chance. I can escape forever. Lockhart won't make it. 
He is going to die and I will be free from his clutches...


 


© 2017 Red Rose


Author's Note

Red Rose
This is the third chapter.. Hope you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have been waiting for the next chapter FOREVER, please please please let us read the next chapter soon! Anyway, I promised advice so I will give it. This line 'A weak moan plagued the silence, startling me.' dose not make sense to me. How I would fix it would be to do this instead 'A weak moan broke the silence, startling me.' by using the word'broke' instead of 'plagued' tells the reader that the silence was once complete but is now broken instead of what 'plagued' implies, which is that the moaning has been going on for a while, so it would not have startled her. I know that you were probably expecting something more but I have run out of things to fix! I hope the next chapter comes out soon!
Keep writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

You are so right! I will change it ASAP. Thank you so much! I'll start working on the next chapter, .. read more



Reviews

I have been waiting for the next chapter FOREVER, please please please let us read the next chapter soon! Anyway, I promised advice so I will give it. This line 'A weak moan plagued the silence, startling me.' dose not make sense to me. How I would fix it would be to do this instead 'A weak moan broke the silence, startling me.' by using the word'broke' instead of 'plagued' tells the reader that the silence was once complete but is now broken instead of what 'plagued' implies, which is that the moaning has been going on for a while, so it would not have startled her. I know that you were probably expecting something more but I have run out of things to fix! I hope the next chapter comes out soon!
Keep writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

You are so right! I will change it ASAP. Thank you so much! I'll start working on the next chapter, .. read more
AHHH! How could you leave me with such suspense? Tis truly heartless, although... I really like the story so far! I want to know more about this girl, who she is, what she thinks of the world, if she can love again after such horror, and where her new found freedom might take her...?
My only advise would be to add more of her thoughts, to give the reader a better sense of who the euphoric girl is. So far I know a little of her back story but not so much what she thinks of it, or how it impacts her behavior.
Good job! Keep working :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Man, that was awesome! I'm not sure whether I want her to help him or leave him there to die :) Please post more...soon!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

Awe thanx! I'm so happy that you want to read more! ^-^
Sira YR

7 Years Ago

You're welcome and I really do
Wow what an ending! I can't wait to read the next chapter! I hope she takes this opportunity... though it still dose not feel right to just leave him there to die... but this could be her only opportunity to escape him... I'm so confused, I guess I'll just have to leave the choice up to her. I can't wait to read what her decision will be, and the result of that decision of that decision will be, so much bad can come out of her being alone in the word with hardly a record of her existence, then again she can't stay with him. Well I wish you luck with writing the next chapter of this enticing novel.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you! This is exactly how I wanted the reader to feel.. Thanx for taking the time to read it.. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 18, 2017
Tags: Reality strikes


Author

Red Rose
Red Rose

Kandy, Central Province, Sri Lanka



About
18 hyper and eccentric! (coz honestly normal is boring :P) Dream big and dream a lot. You don't always need a reason. Do it just because. #zquad ^-^ more..

Writing