The Cheshire Wolf- Maroon Crescent, Chapter 3: The Willies, The Wackies, The Wonkies

The Cheshire Wolf- Maroon Crescent, Chapter 3: The Willies, The Wackies, The Wonkies

A Chapter by Silent_Wolf
"

The crazies, the kookies, the konkies, INSANITY!!!

"
The Cheshire Wolf- Maroon Crescent 
Chapter 3:The Willies, The Wackies, the Wonkies

"Oh my dog, oh my dog, oh-my-dog, I can't believe I just DID that!" Maroon whispered to herself.

It was very dark in the forest, and she could barely see the trees well enough to run around them. But, otherwise, the grass was soft, easy on her paws, and the air smelled nice. She was glad she'd gone into the forest, it was nice here.Suddenly, a flash of pink light lit up the surrounding area, and she smacked into a tree.

"OWCH!"

She stumbled backwards, teetering from side to side, and righted herself after a bit. It took longer for her eyes to get adjusted to the new, bright pink light that washed over the surrounding area.

She was at a crossroads.

Or, at least it seemed that way. One path that split into two, one going to the left of a huge oak tree set between the fork, and one to the right. The tree was covered in many signs shaped like arrows, each pointing in a different direction. Some weren't even labeled. The tree itself had branches so large it seemed like they should have cracked off and fallen to the ground, or drooped like a depressed dog's head. But instead, the branches were all held up high in the air proudly, and some intertwined with the branches of other trees for support.Maroon walked in front of the tree and stopped, trying to make sense of it all. A mocking laughter reached her ears.

"Ha, ha, hahaha!" 

"What? Who is that?" Maroon said, looking around.

She traced the voice to the branches of the tree... and saw a floating smile.

No. Really. A floating mouthful of teeth, corners up in a ridiculously happy grin. Then, a pair of big, yellow eyes appeared... then a reddish-pink nose... Soon, a head had appeared. It was a very dark purple wolf head with a light pink muzzle and abnormally long whiskers. The neck was starting to appear when Maroon got confused.

"What- How- Why- Who are you?" She stuttered.

"Ha, ha haha ha! I'm the Cheshire Wolf, little lost Alice!" Laughed the head.

The body became visible quickly. The tail was coming was coming along slowly, though. The body was a light purple with dark purple stripes, all four paws being the same color as the muzzle.

"WHO? I've watched the noisy-box Alice and Wonderland with the human pups, and there was a Cheshire Cat, but no wolf." Sneered Maroon.

The tail had come into being, a cat like-tail, the same color and pattern as the body, but the tip was splashed with the same color as the muzzle.

"Ha, haha ha! Well, that Lewis Carrol human was awfully flaky. He was a flaky, flaky bread-stick! Haha! Flaky-flaky-bread-stick!"

"Hm?"

"OH, ne-ver mind. You know, if you want to be mad, I can teach you."

"Mad? Angry mad?"

"No! Cr-A-zy mad!"

Maroon raised an eyebrow.

"Why would I want to go mad?"

"So that you can do... this!"

Cheshire Wolf started to disappear until there was nothing left but a smile, then he came back. The pink light changed to neon green, then to neon purple, then to dark blue, and lastly back to pink. The wolf removed his own head and stood atop it, laughing like a maniac, then flipped off the head and put it back on.

"I can teach you do to THAT."

"W-wow! When do I start?"

"You need to go mad first. I'll help you."

END OF CHAPTER 3


© 2013 Silent_Wolf


Author's Note

Silent_Wolf
Well? What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: speaking animals, comedy, craziness


Author

Silent_Wolf
Silent_Wolf

Wilkesboro, NC



About
I love writing stories about wolves, foxes, cats... heck, canines, felines, or animals of any kind! Humans are too confusing to write about. My photo is of a pet I used to own. She ran away a long tim.. more..

Writing
RIP RIP

A Book by Silent_Wolf