Love (If This Were Just A Dream)

Love (If This Were Just A Dream)

A Poem by Silhouettic

I see changes before they happen,
and I feel heartache before it even hurts.
I feel sick when I know I’m fine,
and I forget everything that I’ve learned.
I feel lost when I know the directions
and I feel blind even when I can see.
I feel lonely when I am crowded
and alive when I can barely breathe
I feel sorrow though I’m happy,
to know that you’re doing fine.
But I wish this were all just a dream
Because then you’d still be mine.

© 2012 Silhouettic


Author's Note

Silhouettic
I watched American Reunion recently and it taught me, the dick jokes aside, that when you grow up, nothing will ever be the same and it reminded me of everything I cherished about my youth and it all came back to one girl. Truth is, I love her. Truth is, she isn't mine, not anymore. And it hurts. It hurts to think that the one person I consider to be my true soul mate is out there thinking of somebody else. It's daunting. Anyways, this piece is essenitally about my take on of love, love isn't meant to make you cheerful, it's meant to make you miserable, and feel like shit, because it also makes you feel that it's all worth the fight and then it feels good.... I just want my euphoria.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life goes on. Be happy and spend time more with your friends and exercise more. Trust me, you will feel so good again. Your poem is good, though it's kind of dead. Don't give up on love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on April 26, 2012
Last Updated on April 26, 2012

Author

Silhouettic
Silhouettic

Goulburn, NSW, Australia



About
My username is Silhouettic, which I took from the title of a Birds of Tokyo song from their album 'Universes', which I highly recommend giving a listen if you're open to different kinds of music (be w.. more..

Writing