Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101

I should have noticed the looks people were giving me all week.

I should've questioned the male wolves' sudden interest in being tutored by me, when they despised the idea.

I should've asked about the disgusted glances I was recieving from the adult wolves, even from my parents.

I should've paid attention to the differently scented items of clothing my best friend kept lending to me, wardrobe advice she said.

I should've demanded that my parents let me in when they tossed me out of my home and into the cold, hard rain.

I should've asked why my best friend since first shift turned me away when I needed her the most.

I should've done a lot of things.

But I didn't.

Shock had clouded my senses, successfully hindering the ability to defend myself. By the time it wore off, it was already too late.

I was already the pack reject.

I was already disowned.

I was already being starved.

I was already the punching bag.

I was already the object of shame.

Homeless

Lonely

The isolation, a wolf's worst nightmare. We are very social creatures so being alone is
unnatural, its depressing. It's a slow killer.

'15 and she's already the pack s**t' they said.

About a year and a half into this situation and I'm still not used to it. It's like I'll wake up someday and find that everything is back
to normal again, that I'm loved once more. I want to believe that I could have prevented the whole thing, but in some sick and twisted way, I'm glad I couldn't. It opened my eyes, showed me who really ever cared, always in my corner.

The sad reveal though was that I had no one.

No one stuck by me, no one chose to believe a nearly 16 year old girl who had shown them nothing but respect and obedience, defying all laws of adolescence. Not my Alpha, not my Luna, not my father and sadly, not even my mother.

It was just too easy for them to toss me aside so they couldn't have really cared anyway.

What I will never forget however, is that it's my supposed best friend that brought this pain, this.... this humiliation upon me.

People hurt me now and they get away with it All. The. Time

Why? I'm told I deserve everything I get.

Now the only thought that keeps me going is that of finding my mate. Lara, my wolf, is giddy with excitement since the time is just around corner but I have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind telling me that my mating will NOT be a fairytale.

My name is Rain, I'm a she-wolf and this is my story.


© 2015 Word_Addict_101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015


Author

Word_Addict_101
Word_Addict_101

Durban, KZN, South Africa



About
I like to read, so much! And I like those cute cuddly animals (cats/dogs) because scary ones scare me. I want to try writing too because reading has inspired so many ideas of my own but I want to b.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101