Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101

Rain

I wanted to stop the tremble of my lips, the burn in my eyes and the blurring of my vision. But I couldn't and the lump in my throat was getting more painful from holding in the sobs that would surely escape my lips if I let this....weakness reign.

Nobody told me that being lonely hurts....this much! An empty freaking hurt! Its not like somebody I love broke up with me or a loved one of mine passed away right? No. Just that everbody hates me.

And I miss my mom. I miss how she would tell me a little white lie just to please me, how she would send me for tea just to show me off to the women in her book club, how she would hold me tight at night and tenderly whisper my nightmares away as her gentle hand pushed my sweat matted hair away from my forehead.

I miss my mom so bad and it hurts cause I looked up that woman, I worshipped her and wanted to be just like her in every way just to make her proud. But this is clearly a sign that I will never measure up cause here I am, tearing up like a kid who lost their candy.

My mother would never allow this, in fact she would be very disappointed in me right now. You'd never see her with tear tracks on her face cause 'That's not the Everton way' as she would put it, 'save the tears for speeches'. Even father loses his mind when she's upset cause according to him, 'Teary women are easier to deal with, you just hold'em close and apologise like your life depends on it'. That's I heard him say to Mr. Stone one day so you can imagine how he runs around like a headless chicken, buying roses and chocolates while he turns into a clueless-panicked-self-made-chef just to earn mom's forgiveness cause he can't JUST hold her close.

Oh and let's not leave out that dad also called Mr. Stone 'One lucky b*****d for having such a whiny mate'. Of course dad got sucker punched for that comment. Ah, good times.

Obviously dad was lying cause I'm crying my eyes out and I don't see anyone comforting me.

Oh Goddess, I'm whining, if mom were to see me...Oh wait, she hates the thought of me now so if she WERE to see me she'd walk the other way. After a few harsh words and maybe a slap in the face there somewhere. Sigh

"Calm down Rain, there's still time. Maybe a solution will reveal itself to us okay? Besides, we will find our mate in just two weeks." Lara, my wolf, said in my head trying to make me feel better about the situation.

"How? Do you realise that we've been trying to prove our innocence to the pack for over 14 moons? What will my oh so stupid 17th birthday bring? A mate we might have to wait a long a*s time for only for him to reject us?!" I snapped at Lara. Honestly, this wolf is too hopeful for my sanity.

Doesn't she know that HE will reject us? We are nothing but filth, we have been told of the fact SO many times. If that weren't true then mother wouldn't have abandoned us, Shelly wouldn't have hurt us, dad would protect us and everything would be alright but it isn't. We are living in the small dusty attic and sleeping on the cold floor with just old blankets as our bed. So, what't to guarantee that our mate will love us when the whole pack couldn't?

"Stop being so negative pup! Our mate knows better than to throw away the one treasure in this world that was made just for him. You haven't even considered that he might have been waiting for US all along." Lara's annoyed but determined reply came.

I sat still, not saying anything as her words rang in my head. Maybe, just maybe she could be right but even if she isn't, my mate would surely reject me for looking the way I do and for having such a negative outlook on life. What I have to do is calm down, clean-up and face the day with a heart full of hope and a smile on face.

As I fixed my jet black hair into a pony tail after putting on my outfit, a black baby doll dress with black and white knee-highs, I smiled a sad smile.

These were some of what little clothes I managed to get my hands on after my parents literally kicked me out. They had said I didn't own anything in THEIR house and I would leave with nothing. I managed to bribe my baby brother into sneaking some clothes to me. I never bought myself anything else since then what with all the pranks they pull on me PLUS the beatings, it would be a waste.

30 minutes later, I looked at my reflection in my broken shard of mirror, my average face clear of any make-up and a thought entered my mind.

It doesn't matter that they starve me, my job helps me eat. It doesn't matter that they hate me, my wolf still loves me. It doesn't matter that they beat me up, at least I'm still alive. It doesn't matter that I may have to wait a while for my mate to come into my life, I don't mind spending my forever waiting just for him.

Now I am gonna go down stairs, ignore THEM and make my way to Hell, excuse me, I mean school.

And with that I cheer us on,
"Let's face these suckers Lara!!!"

And I walked out of my room strutting like a boss!


© 2015 Word_Addict_101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015


Author

Word_Addict_101
Word_Addict_101

Durban, KZN, South Africa



About
I like to read, so much! And I like those cute cuddly animals (cats/dogs) because scary ones scare me. I want to try writing too because reading has inspired so many ideas of my own but I want to b.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Word_Addict_101