Heartless Reflections Chapter 1: Her Name

Heartless Reflections Chapter 1: Her Name

A Chapter by C

Daytime
It's been three days since I've first encountered her. The wolf girl is still unconscious. Although she still hasn't woken up, her condition seems to be getting better. A lot has happened since I've met her. I often hear more people passing by my house shouting with anger, trying to find the wolf girl. It won't be long until they find us.
It's morning right now and she should be waking up any time now. *bed sheets rustling* "Oh... you're awake." I said, turning around to face the bed that she was sleeping in. She didn't say anything, but had a rather puzzling look on her face. She looked around, then she looked back at me looking quite scared. Well, I wouldn't blame her. After all, she did wake up finding herself in an unknown place with a stranger in the room, not to mention that I'm also a human.
"You don't need to be so scared." I said looking at her. There was no reply, but she seems even more scared now. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you or hurt you like those pursuits who where chasing after you." I said, hoping that she would be less scared of me. She looked at me with a more relaxed expression now, but she still didn't say anything.
*stomach rumbles* "You must be hungry." I said. There was no reply. I'm starting to wonder if she even understands what I was saying. She seems to be blushing a little. Was she embarrassed? "I made breakfast for the both of us so you should eat it before the soup gets cold." I said.
"Hey... were you the one who saved me?" She asked as she got up. I was a little surprised since she didn't say anything until now. So she does speak the human language.
"Yea..." I said answering her question.
"You understood the language of the wolves?" She asked with a puzzled look on her face. I poked her on the forehead where wrinkles were forming.
"I don't... I just knew what you were saying..." I said.
The language of the wolves? She was growling at me before, but I didn't actually think that she was saying anything. It just seemed like it.
"Why did you save me...aren't you a human?" She asked.
"Why do you ask so many questions?" I asked. There was a short silence.
Then she said "Sorry." I didn't know why I saved her. I could've just left her, but I didn't.
"I don't know why I saved you, but I just did." I said answering her previous question.
What an interesting girl she is. After I answered her question, she had a puzzling look on her face. "What's your name?" I asked. Her expression changed.
"Name?" She asked.
"Yea... your name." I said a little confused. What's with that expression on her face? There was silence between us. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"I... I don't remember my name." She said.
"Huh?.. how can you not remember what your own name is?" I asked. Her expression on her face told me that she was serious.
She remembers that she's a wolf and that I saved her from pursuits so why didn't she remember her name?
"My parents didn't name me..." She said. Surprised by what she said, I looked at her.
"Then who did?" I asked.
"I...I don't remember." She said. So she lost a part of her memory. "I remember how I learned the human language too..." She said.
She lost her memories of an event that happened in her life? The person who named her and the person who taught her the human language. She doesn't remember them?
"What happened to you before you met me?" I asked. She seemed a little surprised by the question I asked. "I don't know." She said with a serious expression.
"Then what about how the pursuits found you." I said. She's the last wolf so how did the pursuits find her so easily?
"I don't know..." she said.
What happened to her? What caused her memory loss? The time from where she was named to where she met me. Where did it go?
"Hey... will you give me a name?" she asked. What? Me? She wants me to give her a name? She is indeed an interesting girl. Normally, would anybody ask you to name them?
"Then what about... Raina?" I said. That name was the first thing that popped into my mind. Honestly, I don't know why, but this name was something that I hope she'll remember. She looked at me and smiled.
"I like it." she said. 


© 2014 C


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 12, 2014
Tags: anime inspired, drama, amnesia


Author

C
C

A Place, Don't Worry About It



About
So..... I'm here again 6/7/17 I still want to delete my old stuff... Uh, welcome! more..

Writing
Just a Little Just a Little

A Poem by C


The City of Love The City of Love

A Story by C