INB 6 - Seductive

INB 6 - Seductive

A Chapter by Persona
"

God worries about Biff and makes a plan to win Miranda. Just when things seem fine, the Devil rudely wakes God up and says some things that leave him worried...

"

Left alone with a snoring angel on my shoulder. I look behind me, and sigh. Miranda.

 

I need to stay in the moment. Now is the time to do something. A plan. Right, I need to make a plan. How to start?

 

"Ahh-zzzz." Wake Biff up? Maybe later. First, I need to get off the street. I need to go to a hotel, magic Biff up some money and ask him what we should do next. We only have 6 days.

 

I thrust my fingers at my forehead and massage it. I run them through my new amazing hair, the curls tight, almost against my head.

 

In a way, my head feels naked now but so much cleaner. I bet that's what Miranda likes most about my looks - my hair. I want to see Nick's hair. I bet it's glossy and gelled back like James Bond. No, I can't assume he's better than me. I need to be a man. With all these years it's about time I learnt to be one. To grab every chance I get.

 

Miranda. I have to win her.

 

I poke Biff on his tiny shoulder, "She's gone. We need to go to a hotel and-"

 

Biff loudly rises from sleep, "Woah! I didn't think you'd turn out gay!"

 

"What?" Is this supposed to be funny?

 

"Can you at least ask me on a date first?"

 

"Biff - I meant to get some rest. Your dribble's left a wet patch on my shoulder!"

 

"Oh," he tries to get up, but I watch him lurch forward a little, "let me, let me," he opens his eyes half way, then lets them droop shut again. Then he snaps them open, looking left and right, "Where's Big Tinkerbell?"

 

Natalie. He's really out of it. "You mean Miranda?"

 

"Yeah, yeah, her."

 

I look down. I don't really want him to know about what happened. I'm still unsure whether things went well or not. "We were walking and things were going great."

 

"And?"

 

"I wanted her to break up with her boyfriend. She said I was great and ran off."

 

"Great," Biff echoes, "Well there you go! We're already halfway there. But running off...that can't be good." He wakes up a little, then springs up on my shoulder, "Anything else?"

 

I didn't want to tell him this bit either. "The Devil came along and threatened me."

 

Biff scoffs, "I wouldn't put it past her. You shouldn't have made that deal. But we're stuck. I still think you should've gone to some epic clubs and seen your options." He elbows me, "you could've met another Big Tinkerbell!"

 

"You're still hung up on Natalie?"

 

"Was that her name?"

 

"Yes - uh, anyway, step 1. What is it?" With Biff still sitting on my shoulder, I walk along the pavement and make a right after a dozen houses.

 

It seems a long way as I go through the small city with Biff. I thought hotels were everywhere but it's like they're hiding. I feel defeated, but the whole time we walk Biff's optimistic.

 

"Step 1 -" he lowers his voice, trying to imitate narrators of secret agent films, "we see Miranda every day. Step 2 - we occasionally mention faith and unravel her disbelief in you."

 

He makes it sound so easy. As I look up, the bright city lights blocking out the stars, I think about how many more things are going to ruin me.

 

Biff's gesticulating all over the place - he definitely feels his plan is infallible. He doesn't worry like I do. There really aren't quick fixes. What he has to consider, what I have to consider is the fact that the Devil will win and that Biff will be alone.

 

I hadn't even thought of Biff.

 

"Step 3 - we suggest things that normal men do and every time we find something her boyfriend doesn't do you can go 'hmm, not such a good boyfriend, is he?' So, we can

make her think he sucks!"

 

I smile. Simple thoughts. It's a better plan than I would've come up with. Mine wouldn't involve any manipulation. I'd just see her everyday and smile and ask for a dinner or a breakfast and be as casual as possible. Maybe make her laugh. Maybe make her whip out her bouncy brunette locks and show me those perfect teeth. I close my eyes and imagine the scene. 

 

I want to make her laugh out loud. But I'm not funny. I look to Biff. He's funny, even with his childish spinning in the air. 

 

I shouldn't have been selfish. I should've thought of him. I should've asked the Devil, 'Can Biff find a girl too?'

 

No, she would've laughed at me. I know exactly what she'd say, 'Ha, how the hell is that midget going to find a woman his size? I guess he can always get a bird - he's as dumb as them!'

 

Biff shoves me, but his little hand feels like a gentle prod, "You said something?" I say.

 

"Ah!" Biff smacks his forehead, frustrated. "If you can't listen to me, then you can't listen to that average looking girl."

 

This again. I don't have the energy to tell him Miranda's easily an 8.

 

"And if you can't, then she won't be interested. Damn God, I thought you wanted to win this thing!" He playfully slaps my cheek with the back of his hand.

 

I finally have found a hotel. Radisson Blu. It looks pristine, with a nice staircase. A smiling receptionist is

talking to a hopeless middle aged man. The four of us are the only ones in the lobby.

 

I turn to Biff, speaking quietly so my voice doesn't echo in the spacious lobby, "It's not about winning."

 

He mocks my voice, "It's about love." He rolls his eyes as I go to stand behind the middle aged man. "Come on - you can win Miranda now and learn to love her later."

 

The man moves out the way, dragging luggage.

 

The receptionist turns on the charm, getting a feisty look in her eye, "Well hello sir." I can hear the slightly forced sexy voice, but I have to admit I like it.

 

"Ah yeah baby!" Biff shouts, "You can win Miranda and have her on the side!"

 

Maybe it wasn't wrong of me not to consider Biff. "Miss," I look to her breast, a gold nametag reads, Bella. "Bella, I was hoping to book into a room..."

 

"Oh, well let me check." She licks her lips. Maybe there's a reason she does the night shift. Biff's right, her attractiveness is hard to not notice.

 

"Ask her to join you in our room!" Biff keeps repeating. I don't know whether to laugh or to shut him up. I know he's only kidding. I look at him. He's giving me two big thumbs up. Okay then, maybe he's not kidding.

 

Bella's smile becomes even more apparent as her eyes flick up from the computer screen hidden by the high curved desk. "There's only a room on the top floor. I noticed you haven't any bags sir. Are you only staying one night?"

 

"No, I'm new to the area and I'm going to buy some clothes-"

 

Biff tugs at my ear, "She doesn't need to know that! Be cool."

 

"Um, anyway, what room number?"

 

"169. Would you like me to show you the way?"

 

That's odd. In this era people aren't supposed to show you to your room, are they? Then again, she is alone. She probably wants company. Or maybe a tip. Yeah, money. That's what it's all about.

 

"No thank you, Bella. I'm sorry. It's late-"

 

"No worries sir, only doing what's required of me." She winks.

 

As we walk away, Biff makes a comment under his breath, "Ha ha, what's 'required'." I know what he's thinking. What a childish mind...

 

 

 

Hitting the pillow, a dream consumes me.

 

Miranda on a swing, wearing a white dress. It covers her legs and drapes to the floor. She faces away from me - and I see her long, brown hair straight, and plaited at the back.

 

She swings back and forth, the swing covered in daisy vines. The swing is tied at the top to a thick, twisting tree.

 

We're in a garden together, but I'm standing ten feet behind her. Tall, green grass covers my feet. It caresses as the wind blows.

 

The scent of the air is filled with Miranda's perfume. It's like a rainbow of scents running through the atmosphere. Inviting, begging me to come closer. I want to, but I can't move. I jerk a foot, but the grass is wrapped tightly around my ankles, keeping me glued to the spot. I can only watch helplessly as fire sparks at the ends of each grass blade and burns down to the ground.

 

Dirt is revealed and quickly the fire races up the tree and the tied ropes of the swing burn at the top - dropping Miranda to the floor. The ropes fall beside her, almost saddened. 

 

The fire then blasts my dream world, everything disappearing - the swing, the daisies.

 

All that is left, is Miranda facing away, standing. As she turns around, her eyes are closed, almost as if she is completely relaxed. Suddenly, she is in front of me, and collapses into my arms.

 

Sweetly, she raises a weak hand and strokes my face. She nuzzles her head against my chest. Her eyes open, and flick up to meet mine. They aren't green. They're a deep, chocolate brown.

 

"Hey God!" Water is splashed is my face. I'm awake.

 

"What the hell!" I shout, startled, my body coming up from the sheets so fast my head rushes. I look around. The room is dark. The curtains open.

 

"God," the Devil turns around.

 

"ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?" I shout. I need her out. I don't have any freedom. I can't even sleep. This is abuse. Mmph, I guess I couldn't expect much else from the Devil.

 

She looks at her red nails, "Just tracking progress." She walks over to my bed, purposely swaying her hips.

 

"Leave." It's not a nice request, it's a demand.

 

"Ah, ah, don't be a bad boy," she purses her lips and places both hands at the edge of my bed, "You wouldn't want to get punished."

 

If I wasn't already uncomfortable, I am now.

 

She continues, "I have to be in another room." She shakes her hips and leans over to exaggerate her breasts. I look up to the ceiling. It's white and bumpy. I close my eyes, Miranda. Think of her. 6 days. Technically it's still 7 until tomorrow evening.

 

"God aren't you listening?" The Devil turns her head to the side, trying to show her best side - that edge to her jaw. She knows how to manipulate; how to show off her heart shaped face.

 

She pulls her hair back, up and into a high ponytail. "I have to go see a gentleman in the next room. Heads up - he has a wife," she winks, exaggeratedly.

 

I grit my teeth, "Are you here to make me mad?"

 

"No - God, relax," she flips her hand, as if dismissing me, "Not everything needs a purpose. Like this planet."

 

"It has a purpose."

 

"Really?" The Devil kicks off her red heels and puts each knee onto the bed. "Not just for your entertainment? Like free will?"

 

I avoid her gaze, "It has a purpose. To give meaning to people's lives."

 

"Ha ha, no no." She shakes her head and begins to crawl on my sheets, slowly making her way to me, "You made this planet for your own entertainment. Would you like me to entertain you too?" She raises a shoulder to her cheek, trying to look innocent.

 

I don't like it. I think I know what she means by 'entertain.' I look to Biff. Still snoring. I need to fix his heavy sleeping habits: I need him to be around when I'm in trouble.

 

The Devil continues, "You obviously want me to entertain you." A thought pops into her mind, "By the way, I appreciate being the woman you loved."

 

"Wait, you heard that?" She must be watching my every move. I knew I should've told Miranda my past girlfriend was Natalie. But then there would've been the chance that she could meet Natalie. Maybe it's best I said 'Dev.' It's not like she's going to meet Miranda.

 

The Devil raises her eyebrows, "I did." Her crawling stops as her face almost touches mine, "Maybe we should make things more-" she pauses, leaning closer, whispering into my ear, "interesting."

 

I gulp, and jump out of bed. The Devil's sick. I don't want to know her plans. I need a week's freedom. "No. You need to get out," I point towards the door.

 

She doesn't move, her hands splayed on the sheets, "Not just yet." She waggles a finger at me. "Sheesh, wouldn't it be a shame if Miranda were to find out your girlfriend wasn't dead?" She does a fake expression of surprise, lifting a hand in front of her mouth.

 

I bet she finds this amusing. That angers me.

 

"No you've meddled enough! Now get out!"

 

The Devil pouts and lifts a hand from the bed sheets. She uses the other to slickly slide off the bed, and stands up.

 

Her seductiveness shifts to impassiveness. She suddenly looks sombre, "It's a bad world, God. Once you realise that, you'll see I'm just a small part in it."

 

She walks to the door, and places a hand on the door handle. She stops, and looks over her shoulder, "Careful - it could change you."

 

The Devil then twists the handle, and quietly exits. The door clicks as it shuts, waking Biff.

 

"Who's that?" He jumps up into a karate pose. "Cuz I'm gonna get ya!"

 

He seems to fade into the background for me - like he's not there. Because I have things to worry about. I'm questioning myself, trying to search my brain for an answer.

 

'It's a bad world.' What does she mean? Is something bad going to happen? Maybe she won't visit Miranda...maybe she won't need to. Wait.

 

Motionless, it hits me. What if Miranda dies?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Persona


Author's Note

Persona
Review, read, make my effort worthwhile!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its very good :) great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Persona

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Interesting! I can't wait for the next chapter. I want to know if the Devil actually does something...and I'm thinking she will :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012
Tags: fiction, God, romance, romcom, hotel


Author

Persona
Persona

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I really appreciate people who review and will happily return the favour. Look at 'Make a Move' as I am primarily a story writer. I give honest reviews because I want to help people improve their w.. more..

Writing
Make a Move Make a Move

A Story by Persona