The Water

The Water

A Stage Play by S. L. Ganier
"

This is another short play. Lovers.

"

 

S. L. Ganier

The Water

 

 

Setting: The background of the stage is set up so that the two characters appear to be on the beach. The background itself is lined with a painting of an ocean. There are trees on the right side of the stage, but nothing else. It is literally just the characters, the water (painting), and the trees.

 

Characters: X is portrayed as a teenage male and Y is portrayed as a female presumably around the same age.

 

X: You know, I used to enjoy going into the water.

Y: What’s wrong with the water now?

X: What time is it anyways?

 

[Y looks around, shrugs]

 

Y: The water’s perfectly fine. It’s nice and cool and it should feel good in the hot sun.

X: Well I just don’t like it anymore. It’s salty, it burns my eyes, and it hurts. I used to enjoy going into the water but I guess I just went in too many times. You know, like if you eat too much of one thing, you get sick of it. It’s like that.

Y: Whatever. It’s getting hot and I like the water more and more as the sun beats down on us.

 

[X makes an audible yawn. Y puts her head on X’s shoulder]

 

Y: You tired?

X: I’m okay. I’m just a little sad.

Y: Sad?

X: Yeah… sad. There’re just times when I wish I could go into the water, and learn how to swim all over again.

Y: But you know how to swim.

X: It’s boring now. I wish I would just get to that point where I’d almost drown, like when I was younger, you know.

Y: It’s really not a big deal.

X: But it is a big deal. This is the same with everything. At least it feels like it. You get used to it, then you get bored… then you lose it.

Y: Well… You go ahead and think what you want.

 

[Y stands up and stretches]

 

Y: I’m going back into the water before we go. I’ll wait for you to come in.

© 2008 S. L. Ganier


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work, I can easily see this piece on stage.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2008

Author

S. L. Ganier
S. L. Ganier

Riverside, CA



About
I enjoy writing more than I enjoy most of the other activities that I participate in. Between work and school there's not much time... but I still find it somehow. I enjoy reading other people's works.. more..

Writing
The Fall The Fall

A Story by S. L. Ganier