Chapter One:The Heart Strucked Dagger

Chapter One:The Heart Strucked Dagger

A Chapter by XxKooperxX
"

In this chapter Alex Nobell is looking back on his past remembering the tragic scene he stubbled across when he returned home.

"
It happened a little over a year ago...the air was thick with rain and the sky was as black as night. I was sixteen at the time and my mind was filled with innocent thoughts on life, love, and family. But I soon realized innocence is but a fantasy, created by our minds to ensure our sanities saftey. Once you learn the horrible truth about what the world really is there's no going back to innocence.

 

I wondered back home under the heavy rain and suddenly I felt this unsettling chill cross over my soul like a soft breeze. I gotten to the edge of a muddy road leading up to the cottage I call home I noticed something was asque. My feet sunk in the mud rushing up the road towards the cottage door. I stood pantting and saw the door was wide open, one of the door hinges laid on the ground which could only mean that someone must have broken inside.

 

Fearing the worst I ran inside and came across a horrific scene. Borken glass, busted up furniture, and messed up belongings filled the cottage floor with the air filled with the scent of cold blood. I followed the scent into the back of the cottage to find the pentacul of my hatred and rage. I discovered both my mother and father dead surrounded by splats of blood covering the walls and floor. Unable to utter a word I stood there  both shocked and disgusted letting my tears fall like feathers rolling off my cheeks, dripping into the blood that littered the floor.

 

I got on my knees and rolled my mother onto her stabbed back and stared at the hollow shell that was once my mother. Slowly I stroaked her blood soaked hair as her souless eyes seemed to stare off into nothingness. My father laid close by with his hand clutching his chest. With tears in my eyes I sat him up and moved his hand away to find he had been stabbed right in the heart. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. All I could do was curse the heavens at the top of my lungs, shouting along side the thunder that clashed outside on that unholy night.

 

For the rest of the night I held my parents in my arms wishing I could have done something, anything to prevent this terrible event from ever happeneing. Out the corner of my eye I saw something shine when the lighting filled the room.I got up and carfully walked over to pick up the instrument of my parent's distruction. A twelve inch dagger laid on the floor next to the door with the blade covered in blood. I took a firm grasp on the hilt of the dagger and held it close to my heart, falling to my knees once more in this now dark and drerry cottage. I wept in silents as the storm raged outside the rest of the night.

 

The next day I gave my parents a proper burial underneath an old cherrytree behind the cottage. I made a wooden cross from my bare hands and placed it at the head of their graves. To only be sixteen and to bury your own parents kills whatever's left of your innocence, making you feel nothing but pain and saddness in your heart. Rain drops from the cherrytree splashed upon my head as I said my final goodbye's to my mother and father.

 

Looking out the busted window I sat inside the cottage with everything still in disarray. The air was still rich with the stinch of cold blood from the night before, unabe to get rid of simply by soap and scrubbing alone. All I could think about was revenge, sweet... sweet... revenge. Just imagining the look on the murder's face as I carve out his guts and watch them spill on the floor fills my heart with ease. The only problem that faced me was that I had no idea who the monster was or where it lurked.

 

It was then I remembered the dagger I discovered on that dreadfull night. I pulled it out from my undercoat pocket with the blade still soaked with the blood of my beloved parents. I examed it once more and found a small crest above the hilt. It was a silver snake coiled around a black rat, slowly choaking the life right out of it.

 

The crest of the dagger was the symbol that represented the kingdom of Solem. Solem is a kingdom full of wicked tales, heartless bandits and a tyrant king who treats his people more like animales then humans. I don't know why someone from Solem would come to my home and murder my parents but it didn't matter cause now I had a lead to follow. Someone in Solem is going to pay with their life for the death of my family and I will stop at nothing for revenge.

 

There's an old red barn behind the cottage That my father stored his weaponary so obviously I headed there to gather some equipment for what I'm sure is going to be a long and parraless journey. Entering the barn the first thing that caught my attention was my mother's horse Maybel tied to one of the barns support beams. She's a brown work horse who has a few good years on her but she can still run with the best of them. I stepped up to Maybel and stroaked her mane and told her I was coming back, I just needed to get a few things.

 

I left Maybel alone and went to the back of the barn and opened a small door connected to the floor. Inside was my father's sword and some leather armor along with chainmail. I facened the scabbed to my belt and threw on the chainmail and tightened the leather armor. I'm willing to die for my cause for every second this villain lives my family dies in vain. I returned to Maybel with my father's battle suit hugged against my body. I placed the saddle and rings on Maybel and set off back to my parent's graves.

 

I stood at the front of my parent's graves one final time and I made a vow. "Mother...Father..." I said with passion in my voice, "I swear to both of you I will find whoever is responsible for your deaths. Once I do I will use this very dagger they used upon you both...I promise you...you will rest in peace knowing your killer is dead."

 

I climbed on Maybel and was ready to set out on my journey. I kicked her sides slightly setting off Maybel in a steady walk towards the kingdom of Solem. Looking back at my small cottage and those graves I wondered if I'll ever see them again. As a matter of fact I had no idea if I would last the journey to Solem; let alone finding the killer once I got their since Solem is a long ways away from the cottage. But I knew none of that mattered now...I needed revenge.

 

Ever since I left that little cottage I faced life on my own. With each passing day I felt more and more independent. I felt like I didn't need anyone cause I never wanted to be close to anyone, not since that terible night. I fought creatures that could only be found in nightmares and I faced the elements with my head held high. I even faced a wicked witch that left me with an unholy curse. Even after all this my adventure is only the beginning of something much greater... 



© 2011 XxKooperxX


Author's Note

XxKooperxX
So I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my book.Please excuse any misspelled words and if you didn't like the story I'm sorry i wasted your time but for those who liked it thank you for taking the time to read it and chapter two will be coming soon...thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A great place to start a story, and this was a great story indeed!
Here's what I felt you should work on:
1 The line 'I discovered both my mother and father dead in a puddle of their own blood' seems unnatural. It seems to lack emotions though the next few lines are awesome. You have to SHOW the reader what you saw rather than saying they were dead.
2 The line 'Nothing like this has ever happened before' ofcourse nothing has! So that line wasn't made well.
Love the story btw!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is very good, it is truly going to keep a reader on the edge of their seat wanting to know how the story ends! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

XxKooperxX

11 Years Ago

glad you liked it! :)
i like it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thanks for all the comments :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


A great place to start a story, and this was a great story indeed!
Here's what I felt you should work on:
1 The line 'I discovered both my mother and father dead in a puddle of their own blood' seems unnatural. It seems to lack emotions though the next few lines are awesome. You have to SHOW the reader what you saw rather than saying they were dead.
2 The line 'Nothing like this has ever happened before' ofcourse nothing has! So that line wasn't made well.
Love the story btw!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I thought it was great, a few editing but really good, smooth imagery and slick writing.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I Lovd it. It was a very good chapter you just needed to work on your spelling a bit but you know that. I always told you that lol. But other than that it's very dramatic and making me want more to read. Can't wait for the next chapter Jooji.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

XxKooperxX
XxKooperxX

Ewing,Kentucky, KY



About
(I don't know how to really discribe myself but I'm gonna try.) My name George Cooper and I'm 22 years of age. I love to write and sing random songs when ever my heart calls out for the pen or the mic.. more..

Writing
Mother Mother

A Poem by XxKooperxX



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..