Chapter 1: Aislinn

Chapter 1: Aislinn

A Chapter by S. V. Thompson

October 10, 2000                             9:48 PM

 

Dear Diary,


        I have decided to keep a diary because seeing as I get older, I might lose memory. (Who am I kidding; this is for Aislinn when she’s older.) The human doctors say Aislinn will be born in about 10 days. To tell you the truth, I’m nervous about her birth, what if something goes wrong? Draven assures me nothing bad will happen, but who knows? Anyway it took a little time getting used to being a human, I must eat all the time! And I crave the weirdest things. Draven says it’s because I’m pregnant. Oh! I hear Draven coming up the stairs, I must go!

--Darcey

 

October 17, 2000                             8:32 AM

 

Dear Diary,


        I woke up this morning and the sun was streaming through the window, birds were chirping, and not a cloud in the sky. I think today will be a wonderful day! Draven’s still asleep, so I have some time to write. I don’t want him to know about this because I plan to give this to Aislinn when she turns 18. I believe she should know about our lives before we turned human. So from now on I will begin to write about Draven’s and my life. I believe today will be full of hapin-

 

~~~~~

 

        Draven rolled over in our bed restlessly, so I quickly closed the leather-bound diary and tucked it under the mattress. He rolled over to me and slowly blinked his sleepy golden gaze at me.


I smiled and said “Good morning, sleepyhead.”


He rubbed a hand down his face and replied “What time is it?”


“Around 9 O’clock.”  I Said.


I got out of bed and stretched, “I’m going to eat then hop in the shower, feel like eating pancakes.”  I asked.


“Sure.” He said.


Going down the stairs, I have to grip the railing. I swear, I’m the size of a mini blimp now. I smile to myself. As I think this I feel movement in my stomach, little Aislinn is awake. I enter the kitchen and begin the process of making pancakes, and suddenly bronze arms wrap around me and come to rest on my bulging stomach.


I hear Draven’s deep, rumble of a voice ask “How is our little one?”


I turned around to hug him and said, “Restless.”

“Now shoo Draven, I’m making breakfast.” I say tartly with a pout.


“Are you kicking me out of my own kitchen?” he whispers dangerously.


“Yes.” I said.

 

~~~~~

 

        I reach around Darcey and grab a handful of pancake mix and pour it on her head.

I smile at her innocently and say, “Ok.”


I enjoy her shocked expression and kiss her on her cheek. I saunter away knowing her revenge will be three times worse.

 

~~~~~

 

        Unbelievable. He acts like such a naughty boy sometimes. I’ll get him back I think mercilessly as I dust myself off and secretly watch he butt. It was then I felt it, a ripple in my stomach then wetness on my inner thigh.


“Draven!”  I cried out in panic.


He came running into the kitchen and saw my face.


“What is it?!” he asked me urgently.

 

~~~~~

 

        “I think my water just broke…”  Darcey whispered.


I grabbed the telephone and dialed 911, I asked for an ambulance and gave the operator our address then hung up. I rushed to Darcey’s side. Was she supposed to be this pale? I heard the ambulance pull up and the doors slam closed. Then I saw the paramedic rush into the room. I wondered vaguely how they got in.


“She told me her water broke.”  I said.


“Don’t worry sir, we’ll handle it from here.” The paramedic replied.

 

~~~~~

 

        The pain of the contractions was almost unbearable. The nurses were saying to stop pushing, and wait for the doctor �" but I couldn’t. I grabbed Draven’s hand and screamed. The doctor finally arrived, now I could push.

 

~~~~~

 

        “Congratulations, it’s a girl!”  I heard the doctor cry.


Beside me Draven sighed in relief.


“What will you name her?”  A nurse named Kelly asked me.


“Aislinn Eve Callahan.”  I responded as I stared at Draven, daring him to object to it.


He stared right back with confusion in his eyes but tilted his head a little in acceptance.

 

~~~~~

 

        I stared at Darcey wondering what she was up to, then it came to me, this must be her revenge! Why would she name Aislinn after my mother, Eveleen Callahan? My third shock of the day was when I looked down and saw Aislinn fully for the first time. She had my mother’s coloring! Midnight black hair and cerulean blue eyes. She was a spitfire! Arms flying in the air, and her rosebud lips opened to wail loudly.

 

~~~~~

 

        “She’s beautiful.” I heard Draven whisper.

 I chuckled when I heard her wail. She was going to be a terror. I couldn’t wait to get her home.

 

~~~~~

 

Home. I never knew you could miss it this much. I smiled as Draven rushed around the car to help me and Aislinn out.


“Stop fretting Draven.” I said.


He just scowled at me and took my arm and helped me up our steps. I walked inside and upstairs towards Aislinn’s room. I tucked her into her new bed and she made a cute little cooing sound. I felt the air stir around me and then saw Draven’s arm.


“She’s so tiny.” He said as he gently touched her plump rosy cheek.


“I know, but she’ll get bigger.” I said.

 

~~~~~

 

October 17, 2000                             12:14 PM

 

Dear Diary,


        Aislinn was born today at 10:17 AM. She’s adorable; she has huge blue eyes and pitch black hair. I might as well start telling my history. My blood is of an ancient royal line, Niamh’s line. I am a runaway Fae Queen. My mother and father were brutally murdered by the Dark Fae’s leader �" they are bad. I am a Light Fae �" which is good. The Dark Fae want to rule the entire Fae World. I ran to a close friend and stayed with him for a year until the Dark Fae Trackers found us. That close friend was your father, Draven. In that year, we stayed hidden and fell in love within a few weeks. Before my parents were killed by Cian, Draven and I spent most of our days becoming close friends. I believe that is why we fell completely in love so easily �" we were already half in love with each other. When we realized this we bonded in the way of Trumates. I remember the ceremony so clearly…

 

“Are you sure about this Darcey?” Draven asked. “Because once it’s done it cannot be undone.”


“I’m sure.” I said.


Draven took a big breath and said, “I bond with you in the way of Trumates. I will belong to you as you belong to me. I will protect and cherish you. I give you my heart, soul, and body. You are my Trumate, bound to me in the way of the Ancients and under my protection.”


I smiled and repeated him.

 

        A few days later I found out I was pregnant with you. Then when I was about 8 months pregnant, THEY came (we do not mention or even write names for it gives them the power to find you through Trackers). Draven and I were forced to leave an Domhan de Fae (the World of Fae). We left behind many friends and Draven’s family. My closest friend Siobhan, and your father’s �" Niall and his mate Maeve. Draven’s family is small; his mother’s name is Eveleen (your grandmother), his deceased father Oisin, and his little sister (your aunt) Sorcha. The only one who came with us was his mom, Eveleen. When you are ready, talk to her, ask her of the Fae history. She might know more than me. Now my age, in human years I look to be 27 and in Fae year I am 50 (and in case you’re wondering, I still look the same as my Fae form minus the glowing and wings, your father as well). At 200 I would have inherited the Kingdom. As of now Draven and I are trying to find Light Fae’s in the Mortal and Fae World. We have only found a few Light Fae’s so far. I plan to revolt against Cian and his dark rule. That is my history in a nutshell. Next time I will tell you of the power your father (and possibly you) and I used to have.

--Darcey

 

~~~~~

 

October 18, 2000                             1:27 PM

 

Dear Diary,


        Yesterday when I wrote in this I promised I would tell you of Fae Magik. It is hard to explain, so bear with me. Sometime I might just list the powers and what they do. I’ll start with the history of the Fae.

 

        The Fae are mischievous, kind, helpful, arrogant, and can be spiteful if you get on their bad side. Fae were once thought to be pagan gods and goddesses.  They were also thought to be Angels who fell to earth before humans lived on the land and water. Fae live well beneath the waves or in the forests. You see glimpses of them dancing on Midsummer’s Eve or under an Old Moon (Full Moon). Families would set out sweet cakes of snacks for the Fae. The Fae would say thank you by allowing the plants around the house to flourish. The Sidhe (Shee) love to dance and sing. These types of Fae are called the Light Fae. The Dark Fae do not help humans and wish to stop all Fae from helping them. They believe Fae are superior to humans. They wish for the Human World to die. And they try to accomplish this by stealing or killing Fae from the Human Realm. And to top it off, they want to rule all of the Fae Kingdom. Magik began in the Fae World. The Sidhe (what humans call the Fae) were said to go between worlds and teach the humans Magik such as Smithcraft. Humans then began trying to find and use Magik. Egyptians used amulets, figures, and rites as their form of Magik. Romans and Greeks used crystal balls. And then Alchemy began.

--Darcey

 

~~~~~

 

October 19, 2000                             7:28 AM

 

Dear Diary,

 

I’ll tell you of Fae Magik now. Most Fae Magik is elemental.


Fae can control Water by:

1)  Making it appear out of nothing.

2)  Controlling its movement.

3)  And breathing under it.

They control Fire by:

1)  Lighting things on fire.

2)  Making it appear out of nothing.

3)  Controlling its movement.

They control Earth by:

1)  Making plants grow.

2)  Producing food.

3)  Creating shelter.

They control Air by:

1)  Producing Air where there is none.

2)  Creating wind.

3)  Determining weather.

 

Fae can teleport in a way, they just have to think of a place and they’ll be there. Another power is telekinesis �" the ability to move objects with your mind. They also have the ability to fly using their Fae wings. And lastly, Trumates can communicate telepathically. These are rare powers. A very common power is Glamour �" to camouflage yourself and hide from prying eyes. Only one Fae in the history of the Fae had all of these powers �"Niamh our ancestor.

--Darcey

 

~~~~~

 

March 29, 2006                               3:49 PM

 

Dear Diary,

        Aislinn has demonstrated some powers today. She has telekinesis. She wanted her stuffed bear and I was unable to get it for her so she brought it to herself. I’m worried, how are we supposed to keep up this ruse of being human? Draven and I are discussing going back to Lilyana and seeing it she can put some sort of temporary block on her powers. I want to do this for her protection; Draven wants her to learn to control her powers.

--Darcey

 

~~~~~

 

March 31, 2006                               12:57 PM

 

Dear Diary,


        We have decided to have it done after her 6th birthday.

--Darcey

 

~~~~~

 

“Come Aislinn. We are going to one of Mommy’s friends.” I said.


“Ok.” Aislinn responded.


“Daddy can’t come because he has to work.” I told her.


“What does Daddy do?” she asked.


“He builds houses.” I said.


“Oh, did he build ours?” she asked yet another question, for a 6 year old she was very smart.


“Yes.” I said as I turned down Lilyana’s gravel road.


Again Gabrielle greeted us at the door. She looks to be 12 now.


“Let her in Gabrielle.” Lilyana ordered.


This time I meet with Lilyana in her large kitchen. The sight that greeted me was one I would never forget. The counters, stove and fridge were placed in a ‘U’ shape. At the center of the ‘U’ was an island countertop. And on top of the island was Lilyana with a big ancient-looking book in her lap.

She glanced up and said, “Are you sure?”


It was almost exactly what she said the last time I saw her.


“Yes.”  I said.


“Then come closer, I won’t bite…but Simi might.”  She said with a mischievous smile.


It was then I saw Simi, she was curled up on top of a pile of books.


“Mommy look, a kitty!” Aislinn exclaimed as she pointed at Simi.


“Yes, and what color is she?”  I asked her.


“Black!” she responded happily, as only a child can over simple things. “May I pet her?” she asked as she looked up at me with huge blue eyes.


I looked over at Lilyana and she nodded.


“It’s good she is distracted, it might be painful for her to repress her powers. By the way, for how long do you want her powers to be masked?”  Lilyana asked.


“Until her 17th birthday - so for 11 years.” I told her.


“The most I can mask are 10 years, maybe 11.” She said.


“Then try for 11.” I ordered.

 

~~~~~

 

        As I went home I reverently wished I would never have to do that again. Ash screamed and cried like it caused her tremendous pain. I suppose she was, having part of herself caged. Finally she collapsed in a dead faint and was now sleeping soundly. I just hoped she would forgive me after her powers returned and she learned the truth.

 



© 2013 S. V. Thompson


Author's Note

S. V. Thompson
Cian is pronounced Key-an, Maeve is Mayv, Oisin is O-sheen, Niamh is Nee-av

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter. We now have more information about the Fae/Sidhe and their abilities. I am very interested to see where you will take this. As for things to fix...

"...secretly watch he butt." I believe "he" should be "his."
"...Lilyana and seeing it she can put some sort of..." Here, "it" should be "if."

Also, there a bit of overuse of commas. Try taking the unnecessary ones out (change to semicolon, change one long sentence into two, or just take out the commas that are in random places).

Posted 10 Years Ago


My friend what a great story teller you're! God I was reading and same time in flashback was watching a movie. Simply brilliant work...congrats

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

S. V. Thompson

10 Years Ago

That was my goal, I tried to include many sensory details as to suck you in. Thank you.
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You. Beautiful managed my friend great write and you're most welcome
S. V. Thompson

10 Years Ago

Feel free to read the other chapters and Prologue!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013


Author

S. V. Thompson
S. V. Thompson

CA



About
I love to read and write, and I would like to get reviews from everyone on my books! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by S. V. Thompson