Chapter 3- Jonathan POV

Chapter 3- Jonathan POV

A Chapter by Ellay

Oh God, oh God! This is all my fault. If I just didn’t overreact then Elliot wouldn’t be sitting in an ambulance burning alive! I made my way to sixth period class, glaring at anyone who got in my way.

Sixth period is gym. Oh goody. This day just can’t get any f*****g better! At least there’s someone in my class who is somewhat decent. Kyle Stevenson. He’s a grade lower than me, but he’s still cool. The only problem is all the girls fawn over him constantly because he reminds them of a little kid. He’s really short for his age, and his voice is high as well.

I walk into the boy’s locker room, fully prepared for the insults that will be thrown my way. But none came. Weird. Usually by now my mother would have been called a w***e and a skank.

“....yeah, heard his family owns a drug cartel. Wouldn’t surprise me, he reeks of weed!”  I heard from behind the lockers. “Serves him right for getting burned. Was probably trying to light one up when it exploded in his face!” Are they talking about...Elliot? He does drugs? I mean, I guess he did smell a bit strange, but what teenage boy doesn’t?

I quickly got dressed for gym and rushed out so they wouldn’t have time to see me. Kyle was waiting for me in the corner, and smiled as I made my way over to him. I sat down next to him, giving him a small smile in return.

“So, did you hear about that guy who got third degree burns in lab?! Poor guy, maybe we should go get him flowers and a card!” Oh Kyle. Sweet, naive Kyle.

“I’d really rather not. Him and I didn’t have a very good start.”

“What did you do? You really have to stop scaring off people! You’ll never make friends like that!” Fine with me. Friends are a waste of space anyway. I’m fine on my own. I have Herbert, that’s all I need.

Okay maybe I do need friends.

“Listen, I don’t want to befriend someone who decided to stalk me for the better part of the morning! Not to mention he’s the one who got me mad in the first place!” Oh s**t.

Kyle looked at me, confusion in his eyes. “What the hell are you talking about? What do you mean he got you mad in the first place?”  

“Well, um.. I might’ve slammed the table and caused a giant explosion which sent Elliot to the hospital. Maybe.” His eyes widened.

Maybe?! Yes or no?”

“Okay, yes! But it was an accident, I swear!” He shook his head at me.

“Well now you have to go and see him! You sent him there. I say you and me go down there after school and make sure you say sorry! Am I understood?”

“Yes mom!” We laughed, our spirits rising. That is, until gym started. We were doing Track, which means Ms.Ramirez will look to me to show demonstrations since I’m on the stupid track team.

~

The rest of the day passed pretty quickly, and soon enough Kyle was steering me to Allia Community Hospital. Elliot was apparently on floor three, and Kyle basically dragged me there.

He knocked on the door, and a faint “Come in” was audible.

Kyle opened the door, ushering me in against my will.

Elliot was lying on the hospital bed on his stomach, giving me a good view of his bandaged back. He was hooked up to a few IVs, but the thing that bothered me the most was that he was utterly alone. No family or friends to be found.

“Hi, you must be Elliot! I’m Kyle, it’s a pleasure to meet you! And I hear you already know my friend here, Jonathan?” Elliot nodded, and turned to his side, hiding his back from us.

“And to what do I owe the pleasure?” he sneered. I could tell he was less than happy with me.

“Well, Jon here wanted to tell you something, didn’t you Jon?” He said, pushing me more into the room. I heard the door slam shut, leaving me with Elliot. Alone. S**t.

“So...apparently you have something to say?” He looked at me expectantly.

“Well, I…” Ugh, I might as well get this over with, “Look, I’m sorry. It was childish of me to slam the table over something so petty. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt. I really am sorry,”

“And why should I believe you? You have been nothing but rude to me all day!”

“I’m sorry okay! If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m not very socially adept!”

“Yeah, no s**t Sherlock!” He sighed, rubbing his back a little. “But anyways, apology accepted I guess.”

That was easy. I was expecting him to put up quite a fight. “Well, I better get going then. Things to do, people to see….” I turned towards the door, fully prepared to leave.

“Wait,” he said, “You didn’t think I was done, did you? You’re not getting off this easily. Since I’m going to be out of school for the next few weeks, I’ve decided that you’re gonna tutor me and s**t. Doesn’t that sound great!” I turned around and was rewarded with his smirk.

“And why would I do that?! I’m not your servant!”

“You know, I could press charges…”

Fine! You’re a pain.”

“Oh? And who’s in pain?” Did he just go there? This dick!

“Touche, touche. But I’ll tutor you. Where do you want to meet up?”

He shrugged, relaxing back on the bed. “All the same to me.”

I was about to suggest his house, but the remembered what the guys at school had said, about his family being a drug cartel. “My house is fine, just don’t go on to break anything.”

“What? Like you broke me?” Elliot laughed.

“Oh haha, very funny. Now, when do you want to meet up?”

“Whenever they let me out of this hellhole. So probably Monday. I guess I’ll meet you at your house?”

“Sure, whatever.” An awkward silence encompassed the room. Where’s Kyle when you actually need him?

“So….are you going to tell me where you live or will I have to search every house in a ten mile radius?” For some reason, I have a feeling he would actually do that.

“15 Lotium Way. Come around 5pm, I won’t be home till then.”

“And why is that?”

“That is none of your goddamn business! Now I gotta go, or I’ll be late.”

I left the room, seeing Kyle being swarmed by female nurses in my peripheral. He smiled at me, like he was saying “Look what I found!”. Finally, I made my way to work.



© 2018 Ellay


Author's Note

Ellay
Reviews would be much appreciated! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 21, 2018
Last Updated on January 21, 2018


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay