Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by SteveCourtright

My Dear Edgar,

My deepest thanks for receiving me Friday, last.  I hope you are not too upset with me for waking you up.  As you are well aware, it is not my habit to impose upon my friends.  But the state in which I found myself last week had kept me up for well over two days.  I needed to talk to someone and I immediately thought of you.

It is all rather mysterious, isn’t it? But I am heartened to have someone who understands me to hear what I recall. If only you could help me determine how I received the rather frightening red welts on my rib cage! And thank goodness they have stopped weeping that upsetting amber fluid. While I don’t know what the stuff is, my curiosity overcame my instinctive revulsion and I managed to collect a small amount in a vial to find, surprisingly, that it bursts into a curious green flame when heated. I wish I had the energy to do more investigations.  But, as you say, it is a blessing to not remember and I shall henceforth endeavor with all my spirit to put the whole thing behind me.

Thank you also for the inquiry into my aunt's health.  She sleeps a lot these days - the doctor thinks that the disease may be entering a final stage.  While awake she becomes agitated, so the tincture you sent over is much appreciated.  I might try it myself if my night terrors do not lessen over time. 

Your servant,
Reginald


© 2013 SteveCourtright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE THIS!! I love books that aren't written as a collection of letters! Plus the names are wicked!!!
Cheerio!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SteveCourtright

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Ant, for your review. Actually, this "book" is going to be mostly letters :) I am still de.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013