Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by SteveCourtright

My Dear Edgar,

You continue to surprise, my friend.  Your intelligence is only exceeded by your generosity.  Your servant arrived this morning and we hastened to make room for her in our quarters.  She immediately made herself useful in and around our modest place as if she had been with us for years.

 

I cannot thank you enough; the release from our need to constantly care-take has had an immediate effect.  I urgently partook of a nap this afternoon and slept uninterrupted for the first time since the incident.  However, I did not awaken refreshed.  I am disappointed to report that the welts have reappeared on my torso and feel quite tender.  As well, the sounds have returned to fill my dreams with a noise similar to that of iron filings in a corrosive. 


A poultice has been applied to my ribs of witch hazel, which has provided some relief, so that I at least may continue to attempt to fulfill my duties about the house.


No less surprising is my aunt’s revitalization.  I cannot ascribe any other explanation regarding her apparent improvement than that of the arrival of your servant, Mrs. Percival.   She is a blessing.


Your servant,

Reginald



© 2013 SteveCourtright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013