Old Times (Chapter 8)

Old Times (Chapter 8)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Just like old times, eh?

"

I bit my lip, looking ahead. Ever since we had seen Max at the beach, I found myself wanting to see him more and more. I would never tell Jack that, though. I think it would hurt him. Hell, it hurts me.

 

I decided to try for a nap before it was my turn to drive. Pretty soon Emma would be getting hungry again. Closing my eyes, I fell into oblivion.

 

I was sitting with Jack on a cliff. My feet were hanging over the edge, as were his. “Katrina, I feel like we…”

 

And suddenly, before he can continue, I’m a few yards behind him and Max is standing in front of me. “Katrina, I love you. I never meant to hurt you and-“

 

“She’s mine!” Jack is suddenly there. “Get out of here!”

 

“Geez man, back off, it’s her choice. At least I have the balls to say it.”

 

“Stop! I love Jack.” I have no control over my voice. “I love you too, Max, but I’m not in love with you.”

 

I turn and I kiss Jack. And it feels f*****g amazing. Until I feel an intense burning in my stomach. I look down and someone’s stabbed me with a dagger. “Truth,” Jack whispers.

 

“Gah!” I woke up clutching my stomach, breathing fast and hard. Jack glanced over.

 

“You okay?” It’s a good thing I didn’t talk in my sleep, which I sometimes do. I don’t know where the hell that dream came from. It scared me. I remember just two days ago thinking how cliché this life was, and that next thing I knew, I’d be in love with either of them.

 

My life is such a mess.

 

My phone went off again and it was Max. I internally groaned. “ Hello?”

 

“Katrina. Please. Help me. I need to see you.” Max sounded so scared and it brought me back to the times before he’d broken me.

 

“Max? What’s wrong?” Jack looked over at the concern in my voice.

 

“Please, Katrina! Please…” He sounded like he was crying. Max never cried; something was wrong.

 

“Please what?” I was confused.

 

“Meet me somewhere or I’ll come to you. Just please, I don’t know who else to turn to.”

 

“Okay…okay, hang on,” I put my hand over the speaker and turned to Jack. “What’s the closest food joint?”

 

“Ah, McDonald’s I think. We’re just outside of Blackwater.”

 

“Alright, meet us at McDonalds. This better not be a trick, Max.”

 

“Thank you, Katrina. Thank you-” I hung the phone up and sighed. Glancing at Jack, I realized that his jaw was clenched. Turning around, I looked at Emmie.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

She nodded and I replied, “Well, we’re going to McDonalds, so what do you want?”

 

“MILKSHAKE!”

 

I laughed. “Okay, you can have a milk shake.”

 

Ten minutes later, we were ordering food at McDonalds. By the time we found a seat, Max’s car was pulling in. He looked pale and shaky and for a second I forgot about two years ago. I forgot that he hurt me so deeply that I wanted to kill myself.

 

“Katrina!” He rushed over to me. He grabbed my arms, and I tensed, as well as Jack. “I need to tell you something-“

 

“Max, sit down. People are looking. We’re on the run, we have to lay low.” He sat down across from me and Jack, next to Emma. He was gaining a bit more color and he actually smiled.

 

“Kat, do you remember when we used to fight each other? And we were really good at it?”

 

Of course I did. When we were little, we would have backyard brawls all the time and we would both end up in giggles. Max and I had thought that we fought like the people in movies. “Yeah.”

 

“Well….some people showed up at my house and…and they killed Celeste.” My mouth dropped open in shock and I felt Jack loosen next to me.

 

“W-what?”

 

He held a hand up, “Wait. So they…they threw her on the ground and I just…I just lost control! I started fighting like we used to but a million times better. It was crazy…and I think I killed a guy.”

 

My eyes widened even more. “Max-“

 

“I didn’t mean to! I swear!” He’s getting pale again. “It was like…magic.”

 

“Did any of them have red tattoos? Sharp teeth?” I’m scared of the answer I’m scared that Max and I are the same.

 

“Yeah, there was one guy- Nature? No, Nate…s**t, I can’t remember-“

 

“Nateri?”

 

“Yeah! He was leading- wait, how do you know?”

 

“Max…” I say softly. I look at Jack, but he won’t look at me and he’s shaking his head. “Nateri…he attacked us yesterday. Is he the one you killed?” I hate myself for the hope in my voice.

 

“No. I don’t know where he went. Kat, are you- are you saying that I’m not alone?” He looked at jack for the first time. “Jack? That’s your name, right? Do you have like super fighting skills, too?”

 

“No. I…” he faltered. “I…can shoot light out of my hands.”

 

Max whistled, “S**t. What can this-“

 

He was cut off by a worker yelling. “Oh my God! It’s the murderer!”

 

Long story short, we bolted out of there, ditching Max’s car. As we were speeding away from that damned McDonald’s Max grinned in a sad sort of way. “Just like old times, eh Katrina?”



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Oooh Max is back. Prepare for major revelations :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice Write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


oooooooooOOOOOoooOooOoOoooooOooOooooooOOOOoooooo!
I likey.
Continue.
now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Key The Key

A Story by Amanda


The Family The Family

A Poem by Amanda


Not Anymore Not Anymore

A Story by Amanda