3.Bro-hood

3.Bro-hood

A Chapter by Swathi Praveen

Diya always had the habit of waking up early and she called it the 5AM club rule. She did her daily dose of yoga and meditation. She was keen about this habit of hers. Shabana woke up to the voice of Diya singing ‘krishna mannmohana’ in front of the tall poster of Krishna. Shabana not wanting to disturb Diya went to get ready for her first day of college. Once Diya was done with her prayers , Shabana spoke to her.

“Good Morning. Do you wake up  early every day?”

“yeah! It has become my routine since childhood”

“ why aren’t you up for your classes yet?”

“ I have opted for afternoon classes.”

“well, what are you going to do till that?”

“ I have got to prepare for an exam at the International Centre for Ancient History and Archaeology. Its really hard to crack”

“oh! What after that?”

“ I would be getting a chance to work as a intern under versed archaeologists . It would be a golden opportunity. ”

“ Internships are for senior students ,right?”

“Yeah but preparation takes for about an year and half. So it is the right time for me to start .”

“you are a way too ambitious for a freshman.”

“Why, don’t you have one?”

“nope . I don’t plan anything. I just do what makes me happy.”

“ So do I . success makes me happy. Working on my dream makes me happy. Happiness can never be defined in general. ”

“mmmm.” She said “okay , gotta go. See you by evening”

“bye”

Diya sat with her laptop to study. Later that day she spoke to her mom and dressed up for her class that afternoon. This was her regular schedule for rest of the month. She spent her weekends hanging out with her new friend Aju who was a biker too.  She seemed to fit perfectly in his racing team. With shabana she had a good relationship but not as much  with Aju. Aju was tall, lean ,handsome and already was a topic of gossip amongst most girls at college. Diya was learning new stunts from him. By the end of that month her father had spoken to her and she got her bike back at Chennai. she was the only girl in their racing team but that never deterred her from racing. Aju and Diya were really getting along with each other since Aju was also preparing for the internship exam. They started bunking classes together for laser tags and  football matches. Aju took her home and she got along well with his parents too. They played for hours on his XBOX.  There was a couple of days left for their exam and Diya told Shabana that she is leaving to Aju's home.

Shabana asked “ Are you guys in a relationship or something?”

“ Hell no. I’m a total bro to him. There is no law that prevents a girl from being a bro”

She just left without a word after that. They had dinner his mom had prepared and sat to study.

Aju asked  “ Are you going home for semester holidays?”

“yeah” “hey how about you coming there?”

“ya. Shall we plan on a road trip from your place?”

“ That would be perfect”

They seemed to work on their semester exams. When it was time for vacation, Aju went to Coimbatore with her.

 

 



© 2015 Swathi Praveen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on August 14, 2015
Last Updated on August 14, 2015


Author

Swathi Praveen
Swathi Praveen

coimbatore , Tamilnadu , India



About
Swathi|22|South Indian| Bookaholic| Debut fictional writer | Historical blogger | Highly vibrant | passionate|Traveler|determined | optimist more..

Writing