Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by SylphXanas

‘Petra, are you all right.’ Skylar asked Petra quietly. Rose chased a pink butterfly around the room.

‘It just brings back memories, I will be fine. You are both very strong with your abilities, like many I use to know. But that brings so many questions that can no longer be answered.’

‘Why?’ He watched Petra as something moved through her eyes, it might have been pain but it vanished quickly.

‘Because I’m the first of my people to leave and visit anywhere . . . I think.’ The music changed by itself and the butterflies changed into tiny Pegasus. Petra thought of the mysterious man from the forest. ‘I want to ask a question.’

‘Okay?’

‘The man from the forest, is he an ancestor of yours?’

‘Not that I know of.’

‘Do you know what he looked like?’

‘No, to be honest, I’m not even sure he’s real.’

‘Why?’

‘He was meant to visit every generation and not age, I find that hard to believe. I mean, imagine living for generations and never aging, it must be a very sad way to live.’ He watched Petra look at him.

‘Yes, I suppose it would be. How did one generation know what the earlier generations’ man looked like to say he visited every generation?’

‘Good point. Rose might know, she keeps trying to tell me about him but whenever she starts to talk about him I . . . I don’t know, it’s like I go somewhere else.’ He liked that she suddenly turned her complete attention to him. Those lavender eyes captured him again.

‘Can you describe it?’

‘As she talks about him, I feel like . . . I’m about to see something . . . maybe the man himself and it . . .’ He sighs and looks at his sister.

‘It takes greater strength to say it, than not.’

‘It scares me.’

‘I think that you have a gift and so does your sister.’

‘What gift.’

‘Rose might be an induce, and you a viewer. The normal way its triggered is an inducer calling upon the viewers’ gift for a few times, but the viewer needs to let it happen.’

‘I’ve never heard of this before?’

‘I have, it’s a gift many of my people had. To see the past can sometimes be wonderful.’

‘If it’s something you want to see, yes.’

‘You’re right, there are some thing’s you just don’t want to see and the things you do . . . they’re not so easily reached if something else is trying to make itself seen.’

‘You have this gift?’

‘Yes.’ She looked back to Rose and smiled a little as at last, a Pegasus was caught, only to have it fly through her hand. ‘I’ve learnt to block it for long periods of time. But every few years they force their way through.’

‘When was the last time it happened?’

‘Almost nine years ago.’

‘Well over time.’

‘Yes.’ She all but whispered. ‘I will admit, I’m not looking forward to the time it happens.’

‘Is there anything you can do to stop it?’

‘No, but I may lock myself away one day and let it happen before it breaks my barriers.’

‘Tell us when, Rose will more than likely like to be there for you. And I will also.’

‘Thank you, but if I’m going to be honest with you, I should be alone when I do it.’

‘Why?’

‘Many of the visions that I have are . . . painful.’

‘All the more reason to have someone with you, but it’s your choice. How can you be so sure you were the first of your people to visit?’

‘We have never left our home before.’

‘Then why did you?’

His voice became a soft caress; she almost answered it truthfully before giving herself a shake. ‘No one stopped me.’ The music died and the Pegasus faded.



© 2012 SylphXanas


Author's Note

SylphXanas
Would love to know what people think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012
Tags: Fantasy, magic, cliff, death, lonely, love, Great Mother, fear


Author

SylphXanas
SylphXanas

Australia



About
I am a wannabe writer who needs reviews on my stories. I love fantasy more than any other, but will read other books. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by SylphXanas


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by SylphXanas