What is that Noise?

What is that Noise?

A Chapter by Tabby

All I could hear was the wind and the trees shaking back and forth. It was nice living on the edge of town. I lived by a creek and a pond. It was fun in the summer when I could just spend days and days out here. I mostly did that just to get away from “me”. All I wanted was to fall asleep on the fallen tree and disappear; I guess that might just give my mama a heart attack.

I opened my eyes; they were bright blue with a more black in the middle that flared outward. My dirty blonde with bleach blonde natural highlights, hair was in my face. When I sat up, a flock of birds flew away from my puppy who chasing one. He was a cute little pup, a miniature Austrian-German Shepard, kind of looking. He was full-grown but still wasn’t mature enough.

“Rascal, let’s go home,” I yelled so he would come towards me.

I looked at the road and thought, ‘when was the last time someone drove on that road?’ I started walking down the big hill and then something hit me, ‘what was that noise?’ I looked around trying to figure where it was coming from but the wind was too strong to hear the right direction.

It wasn’t long until Rascal jumped on the back of my leg and scared me a little. “Hi, puppy,” I bent down to pet him.

I stood up still wondering what the noise was but started walking again. The sun was setting so I knew that I should get home if I wanted to hang out with friends tonight. I never really kept track of time; the sun was my watch.

When I got to the fence I could see my older sister there waiting very patient but mad. She wears a short sundress with flip-flops and her hair was wavy-blonde with natural highlights. She was thin as a toothpick and was tan as an Indian, kind of like me.

“Lenex, if you want to go out tonight than you really should finish your chores!” Glory said as she started to scratch Rascal’s stomach.

“Yes, ma’am; I will do whatever you say Queen Glory!” I joked as I started towards the riding barn.

Glory hated how I was. I was a smart-alic with a touchy side but I guess that formed after all of the stuff had happen to my family and me. My life changed after my grandma had passed away and my “dad” stopped drinking.

I entered the stables with a giant smile. I loved my horses and I was the only one with Taylor, my littlest sister who was quiet and shy. We always had a lot of fun when we were together. My chores were easy; all I had to do was feed, water, and exercise the horses, I mean we only had three so it was pretty easy. I would exercise them in the mornings along with their feed and water. This morning, I couldn’t exercise them we had to leave early cause Tsunami, second littlest sister had something for school, she was the total opposite of Taylor, which was ironic since there were identical twins.

I got done about 6:45 P.M., which was fine with me because all I have to do was take a shower and my showers are 10 minutes. My friends said about 7 so I could a bit late.

I entered the house and took off my boots. Rascal was there trying to greet me with jumps on legs. I gave him a pat on the head then I started going up the stairs.

“Supper is done,” my mom yelled to make sure I heard.

“Okay, I’m taking a shower,” I said just loud enough for her to hear.

I walked into the twins’ bedroom and told them I was taking a shower. I didn’t have to tell the others. My house is a two-story house with three full bathrooms and five bedrooms, there was a guest house outside but that a storage/art center. Glory loved painting and actually she was really good at it. There was one bathroom downstairs and two upstairs; I shared with the twins and the other three shared.

My shower only took 8 minutes, and then to get dressed and have Glory do something with my hair so she thought it looked nice enough to go out. I stepped into my bedroom and shut the door behind me; my mom changed my bed sheets… Pink… Pink wasn’t a bad color it just didn’t fit me that well. All I put on my basics, shorts, and a T-shirt. I was simple; I am not a girly girl or a complete tomboy. I straighten my hair when Glory tells me to. Glory usual puts some mascara on too, she tells me that it brings out my eyes, which I guess it does, a little.

Glory knocks and peeks into my room to make sure that I’m dressed.

“May I?” she asks hopefully.

“I suppose…” I sit at my desk chair and smile.

After she is done, I go downstairs and look at the clock 6:58. I look at my mom and she nods. I smile, slide into flip-flops, and walk out the front door. I step outside and feel that someone is watching me.



© 2014 Tabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014


Author

Tabby
Tabby

Guthrie Center, IA



About
Hello, I'm just a typically teenage girl that has a creative mind. I'm in a lot things that include: art club, band/vocal, volleyball, theater, & I'm in writing classes as English credits. No, I don't.. more..

Writing
Never. Never.

A Story by Tabby


Curse. Curse.

A Story by Tabby


LIfe LIfe

A Story by Tabby