Am I Alone?

Am I Alone?

A Chapter by Tabby

I figured that it was just my eyes seeing something. I kept walking singing to myself in a quiet voice. I was about to turn onto another road when this time I actually saw a person follow me. This time I was actually afraid. I felt as in someone who knew me was threatening me, but I didn’t know whom it was.

When I walked faster it seemed as if they were catching up. At this point, I am really scared. I was only a few blocks away from my driveway when I hear my name being shouted.

“Lenex, why are you running?”  a familiar voice yelled.

I stopped cautionary and turned away slowly. 50 feet away from me was Jake.

“What are you doing? I thought you were a serial killer!” I yelled as I sat on the side of the road.

Jake sat just a few feet away from me feeling sorry.

“I’m sorry, I was just freaked out. But, why were you following me?” I asked.

“You forgot your phone,” Jake said taking it out of his pocket.

“Oh, now I feel dumb. I’m so sorry,” I say as I stand up and take it.

“It’s fine. I will see you tomorrow,” he said walking away.

“Thank you!” I yell hoping he hears me.

I arrive at the house with a minute to spare. I take off my shoes and look for Rascal but he’s not there to greet me. I walk into the kitchen to look for my mom but she’s not there. ‘Maybe she’s downstairs.’ No, she’s not there. I look in the entire house but she’s not there. ‘Where could she be? Maybe in the barn.’ Nope, she wasn’t there either.

No one was home and I had no missed calls or anything. I finally decide to call her and hope that she would pick up.

Ring, ring, ring… “Hello?” She asks crying.

“Mom. Where are you?” I asked with a worry in my voice to her crying.

“Um… we are at the hospital. You need to get here as fast as you can,” she says than hangs up the phone.

I put my phone in my pocket and put my flip-flops on and run out the door forgetting to shut the door behind me. I run outside and my eyes dilate to the darkness and I run all of the way to the hospital 13 blocks away. I run into the ER and look around. In the waiting are my two sisters, Tsunami and Glory. I run over to them hugging them.

“Where is Taylor?” I ask trying not to cry.

“She was riding Lighting and Rascal scared Lighting… Taylor fell off of Lighting. We didn’t find her until 10 and she was passed out cold,” Glory said crying.

“How could this have happened? This is my entire fault… If I would have been there with her it wouldn’t have happened,” I say with tears falling to the ground.

“You couldn’t have helped. Rascal still might have been in the way,” Tsunami said hanging onto me crying.

“What do you mean ‘been in the way’…?” I ask thinking of the worse.

“Rascal is fine, he’s with Aunt Danielle,” Glory said hugging both, Tsunami and I.

A couple of hours went by with Tsunami sleeping on me and I’m reading a health magazine when our mom walks into the room.

“Lenex, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want you to have to worry about this. You were with your friends…” she tried saying.

“Mom how is she?” I ask trying not to be rude.

“She’s fine. The doctor said she should be out of here tomorrow. She has tiny concussion, nothing to worry about,” she said with a smile.

“Where is dad?” Tsunami asked as she was standing up.

“Uh… you father couldn’t make it, he had some business to take care of,” she convincing Glory and Tsunami but not me. I knew that there was something going on between them but they never said anything.

It was about 3:30 A.M. when we got home and I slept about 4 hours there so I said I could go to school. I went into my bedroom, shut the door, turned on my radio and put PJs on. I fell asleep instantly.

The next day at school everyone was shy around me, except for Jake, of course! He kept arguing with everyone and Emily was sad too. Emily and Taylor were close as well. While the guys were at lunch Emily pulled me aside to talk.

“Did he answer you?” she asked hoping for a ‘yes’.

“No, I bet he won’t because of what happened to Taylor, he doesn’t want to put any more sadness or make me even more upset…” I say wishing it wasn’t true.

“Com’on give it a shot,” she said.

“I am trying to!” raising my voice a little.

“Ok, but remember don’t wait too long,” she said turning back around.

“Yes ma’am,” I said smiling and turning around.

I looked at him for a long time without him noticing then I blinked and he turned so I quickly looked at my phone. ‘Close call… Wow…!’

After school, I decided I should just go home to help my mom and sisters. Taylor was coming home tonight and Mom wanted the house spotless. I got home and went straight to my bedroom and lay on my bed and put in my ear buds so I could listen to music for a bit.

I got up and went outside to check on my horses. I saw that Lighting was gone and a note from Glory.

‘I took Lighting out, sorry for the inconvenience.

           Love,

                       Glory’

‘Okay, that is weird… but maybe she is taking a lesson from me! Wow, who was I kidding!’ I checked on Tornado and Sunny but in the show box there was a note…

‘I’m watching you…

                        -Anonymous’



© 2014 Tabby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014


Author

Tabby
Tabby

Guthrie Center, IA



About
Hello, I'm just a typically teenage girl that has a creative mind. I'm in a lot things that include: art club, band/vocal, volleyball, theater, & I'm in writing classes as English credits. No, I don't.. more..

Writing
Never. Never.

A Story by Tabby


Curse. Curse.

A Story by Tabby


LIfe LIfe

A Story by Tabby