Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Continuing journey

Continuing journey

A Chapter by Tama
"

May reaches an inn but has a slight encounter.

"

May walked into the inn and was immediately greeted by a uniformed woman.

“Welcome,” she said bowing her head.

For some reason May felt like this woman was two-faced, she could be wrong but that was her immediate impression.

“I would like to speak with the owner.”

She figured if she could persuade the owner to bargain free labor in exchange for food and some rest. Suddenly she was overcome with a sense of loneliness. She missed Manna’s smile and Kei’s laugh.

“Yes, one moment,” the woman answered.

The woman disappeared into a nearby hallway followed by the loud shouts coming from the marketplace. The inn was full of strange paintings, most of renaissance resembling castles and demons. The lady from before reappeared with a young woman walking behind her.

May was able to persuade the owner for a place for the night and some food in exchange for some intense labor, but she figured she could handle anything at this point.

“Here put this on,” the owner said handing her a soft pink kimono that resembled the one she was wearing.

“Thank you ma’am,” May said bowing.

The woman chuckled as she answered “Just call me Sakura, I’m not forty yet.”

Sakura looked at May and seemed relieved that she had an extra hand, but it also seemed like her smile was more malicious than anything else.

“There is a vacant room. Please change and rest there. I will send food and eventually someone will be sent to fetch you for work.”

May bowed once again and followed her down the same narrow hallway she appeared from. Sakura pulled out a key and opened the door, handing the key to May before leaving. There was one mat on the floor by a small window. The room was covered in wooden flooring and a rug rested under a knee high table. May knew it would be a long and hard night. This was going to be the first time she didn’t spend the night with her sisters.

As she sat there her mind began drifting, from the mystery behind Ryuu to Sakura. A knock on the door came a few hours later and someone handed her a plate of food. May knelt down on the ground and ate her food silently, thinking about Kei. Kei loved food, she would probably enjoy this.

Soon after May finished her food there was another knock on the door. May opened the door to a young man who seemed to be about her sister’s age. He gave her a half smile and silently lead her to the kitchen. As the door to the kitchen opened May could see it would flooded with pink uniforms and wooden sandles. She spent hours helping cook dinner, scrubbing the floors and doing basically the dirty work.

May returned to her room and was surprisingly wide awake. She knew she worked basically the whole day but there was still light out. She got up and covered the window with a curtain. Suddenly, May could hear the door creak open and she closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep. She felt a figure head closer to her and felt like she was in danger. Mayumi slowly slid her hand under the pillow where she hid the sword the man gave her.

Jumping up she pulled out the sword and stepped back. The room was still dark but she could tell who was standing in front of her.

Kei stared out the car window and Manna drove her home from school.

“Look! The leaves are falling!”

“Yeah, it’s already spring.”

The car got silent as it had been the past few days.

“Kei? Is something on your mind?”

“I miss May,” she said in a muffled tone.

“Me too, but the months keep passing. She’ll come home eventually.”

Manna didn’t have a solid reply for her sister but she didn’t know anything herself. Eventually she did call the police and after months of hastle they were moved to a small apartment while they were undergoing investigation. Since May disappeared they suspect her of the murder. Manna wished May never comes home, just so that she doesn’t get arrested.

 

“What do you want?”

“To thank you for your work.”

“Then why is there a knife in your hand?” May asked.

Sakura charged at her but before May knew it she swung the sword and sliced through her chest. Everything happened so quickly and somehow naturally. She never picked up a sword in her life, yet she was able to handle it so precisely. She could feel her feet get wet like she was stepping in a small puddle, but she knew it wasn’t water.

 The crystal orb on the hilt of her sword began to glow a mystical blue color. A small ball lifted itself out of Sakura and floated to the orb. It entered the crystal making the color change to a bloody red.

May stood there looking at the shadow of Sakura’s body on the floor. She continued to try and grasp what just happened.

“You really think someone would accept a complete stranger from out of town?” A voice suddenly asked.

“Why would she want to kill me though?”

“Well…you are wanted,” Ryuu said nonchalantly.

“For what?!”

May could see his red eyes pierce through the darkness like bright headlights.

She could hear Ryuu stepping towards her.

“Murder,” he whispered in her ear.

Hearing that sent shivers up her spine.

“Open the curtain, I want to see you in the light and ask a couple questions.”

“I want to get to know you in the dark,” Ryuu said continuing to breathe down her neck.

“Cut it out!”

May took a step back.

“I can only tell you so much my dear.”

“This dark circle place…what exactly is it?”

“It’s the trove of the Demon King.”

“Why is the Demon King’s symbol on my chest?” She asked.

“Simple. You’re his.”

“Excuse me?”

Ryuu repeated himself slowly, following himself with a soft chuckle.

“Is that why you brought me here?”

“Yes and no, but my business is none of your concern.”

“Why did this orb glow blue then red?” I asked him.

He responded with a wide grin.

“That’s what happen when you suck souls.”

Ryuu’s bright red eyes flashed and it seemed like a mild electric impulse flashed throughout his body.

“I have to go,” he said in a deep tone.

“Wait,” May said instantly grabbing his wrist.

Ryuu took his other hand, removed her hand and vanished into the darkness.

May slumped down. She wanted Ryuu to help her more, she didn’t completely trust him but at least he was giving her answers. She grabbed her stuff and headed towards the window. She couldn’t stay in an inn where she just murdered the owner. Just as someone knocked on the door she slipped out the window.



© 2015 Tama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 24, 2015
Tags: fantasy, love, adventure, action, demon, swords, weapons, souls


Author

Tama
Tama

NY



About
My name is Lauren and as you can probably tell I am a complete fanatic when it comes anything fantasy. I love writing about practically anything! I'm a biology major in college right now so writing is.. more..

Writing
Tired Tired

A Poem by Tama


Barefaced Barefaced

A Poem by Tama


Missing Missing

A Poem by Tama