I Refuse

I Refuse

A Poem by TamerQtaish

In this world
Where right is gone
And wrong lives on
...
In this world
Where we pray for sin
Doing anything to win

Whats wrong and whats right
I will choose the eternal light
I refuse evil with all its might
I refuse to go down without a fight
I refuse to bow down to the night

One more breath
I could stand forever
Nothing scares me not even death
Strengthen by the love of another
Strengthen by my sister and my brother
The power of love given by my lover

Whats wrong and whats right
I will choose the eternal light
I refuse evil with all its might
I refuse to go down without a fight
I refuse to bow down to the night

In this place
Where children die
And governments lie
...
In this place
Where souls are lost
Going nowhere too fast

Whats wrong and whats right
I will choose the eternal light
I refuse evil with all its might
I refuse to go down without a fight
I refuse to bow down to the night

© 2010 TamerQtaish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do not know what to add after all those wonderful reviews: i like it a lot and only this passage
„I refuse to go down without a fight, I refuse to bow down to the night“ makes your poem a vibrant, positive, clear and audacious testimony to all others who might be confused about the way forward.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow this is awesome and so true great work!!I will choose the eternal light also love this

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello Obsidian Blackbird ,
Let me try to answer a few of the questions placed in this peace!

Right and wrong and choosing in between is up to us! If you choose to do something just cause its more easy to do, that defiantly doesn't mean you did the right thing, I always say, the right choices are the hard choices!

Winning is a point of view, for example, someone would see winning a war no mater the price as a the right thing, for someone else winning would be to find a way to save as many lives as possible as their aimed goal to victory.

The governments corruption is a mistake of the people who see wrong and do nothing! I spent years in Greece, and the Greek people point of view about governments is that each people deserve their leaders! in other more simple words, if you don't like it, do something about it, or accept it!

About souls being lost, I am no fan of heaven and hell or religion in general, but the truth is I do believe people have something more than brain cells, something that in time of need shows the best or worst of whom we really are... Somewhere between time and all the wrong we see, the good side of us is in a lumber sleep! But still from time to time you see someone refusing that condition and choosing to find what once they have lost...

Finally, never giving up! That's your choice! The choice to fight on no mater the pain, the choice to take a breathe after another no mater the test, the choice to fight and fight one monster after another, no matter what or which demon is yours, the fight and the choice to fight it is yours and your own choice!
I saw first hand people refusing to give up and wining impossible odds... The bets are off until the final breath...

Sorry for the long long answer,
But as you said they were many questions and you wanted an answer,
All the best regards,
Tamer


Posted 14 Years Ago


you ask some great questions in this piece. i would challenge you to supply some answers. thanks for choosing light!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this work. You do not mince words. "In this world...where we pray for sin...doing anything to win." There are so much that I like about this piece. To pick a line or two would be impossible. You show that you are not afraid to take a stand for what is good and right. You have the inner strength to pull you through. Keep that poetic pen moving, it has great talent and much to say!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey you know me, I like most of what you right. This is very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very fast written peace,
I hope everyone likes it...

All the best,
Tamer

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

527 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2009
Last Updated on May 18, 2010
Tags: Refuse

Author

TamerQtaish
TamerQtaish

Salt, Jordan



About
I live by my rules! Never steal unless it saves a life Hold the secret even if under a knife Never break a heart to save your own Protect your friend even if your fate is unknown Keep your .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..