Abused and Mute Chapter 3

Abused and Mute Chapter 3

A Chapter by tanaya

Chapter 3

 

My day of work was similar to all the others. I served people while my co-worker Julie talked for me and did the menial tasks. I knew that Julie only worked here so she could get a discount on the drugs that Dave sold as her father was a druggie but I never judged. How could I, mine was no better. His drug being alcohol. As the day progressed my eyes and smile began to droop.

 

As the last customer left the shop with a ding from the door I finished putting away the stock in the back and headed back to the front to clock out. Grabbing my things from my locker and getting my weeks’ pay, I left the store. Putting my money in my wallet I thought about how I was going to make it to the grocery store and back home again before dark but knew the chances of that happening were slim as the sky was already starting to darken.

 

Walking to the store I saw that it had 30 minutes till closing time and walked faster to my destination. It seemed they were closing early today. Grabbing a cart, I started my shop with only $200 in my pocket and had to feed myself and my dad’s visitors who would probably eat a great deal more than me. As I was thinking of my dad's friends I thought about Mr Calevier and his brothers. He seemed nice enough but looks could be deceiving, I knew that from experience.

 

Filling up my cart I got to the express lane and checked out my stuff, paying the man the right amount. I saw that I had only 20 dollars change and thought that this would have to last me for the week. Picking up my bags with effort I knew no one would help me. Everyone knew about me, the dumb girl, the mute girl, that was me. I adjusted the bags on my arms and headed home in the dark.

 

Keeping to the light and away from the alleys I headed home in hope for a peaceful night. Walking through this part of town was always dangerous, especially for me, but I was used to it as I did it every night. Walking up my pavement I sighed in relief and stood on my porch setting down my bags and digging in my bag for my keys I was surprised when the door opened in front of me.

 

Staring at the door in shock, I picked up my bags and slowly walked into the house, expecting someone to come out with a chopping knife ready to hack me up. I was surprised when I got to the living room and found my new art teacher and 4 other men on my couch, comfortably watching the t.v as if they owned the place. I thought they weren’t coming until tomorrow.

 

My confusion must of shown on my face because Mr Calevier stood up abruptly and brought the attention of the other men to me. I shot Mr Calevier a confused look as if to ask what was going on and he went up to me, taking the bags of out of my hands he gave them to one of the boys and told him to take it to the kitchen. I was confused with the act of kindness and looked at him warily as if he was going to double cross me as soon as he got the chance.

 

I shook my head at him and walked into the kitchen, taking the bags back I put them where they went. Finishing that up I went back out to the lounge room and sat on the edge of the lounge, far away from the others, with my hands in my lap and looking at my feet. I was startled when I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Mr Calevier with his hand on my shoulder and a notepad and pen in the other. Obviously he wanted me to communicate with that.

 

Taking the pen and paper from him I set it in my lap and flipped it open to the first page. Quickly scribbling down what I wanted to say I showed it to them.

What are you doing here? I thought you were coming until tomorrow. I haven't prepared your beds or anything. Sorry.

I had to add the last part in case they told my father that I was rude and the punishment would not have been worth it. One of the brothers took it and read it quickly. His look of confusion quickly turned into one of understanding as he finished reading it.

 

I took the time that he was reading this to get a proper look at him. He looked like a Greek model. With short, curly blonde hair and blue eyes that went well with his tanned skin. He seemed to be about 6'0, only 2 inches shorter than Mr Calevier. Estimating his age he looked about 22 with warm brown eyes.

 

"well first of all" he started "my name is Robby and we are obviously here as friends from your dad, he said we could stay here un till we get ourselves sorted. We finished things up early and thought it would be ok if we came a bit earlier and don’t worry we can all just crash wherever" Robby smiled at me and put the piece of paper back in my hand. I nodded in understand and wrote down

Ok I will go prepare your dinner. Taking a quick look at it Robby nodded at me and asked if I wanted any help, I just shook my head and he nodded back.

 

Walking out into the kitchen I thought over what I would have to do while I put the food away. Well this was the end of my alone time, I thought. I was hoping that Mr Calevier and his brothers would be here tomorrow so I could get a night of peace and rest. I knew I would have to stay up as long as they were up so I could do what they asked of me, if I did any less I knew the punishment would be bad when my father came home.

 

Putting a pot on the stove to boil so I could cook pasta for spaghetti bolognaise, I took out the deep fryer for the meat and got started in cooking that, putting sauces and herbs in along the way. When the water came to boil I put in the pasta and went back to the meat after putting some herbs in the pasta to make it taste better. I enjoyed cooking and had experience with it as my father would throw back anything at me if he didn’t like it, hot or cold, I had many burn marks from that.

 

As I mixed the pasta with the meat I  danced around the kitchen to my own music in my head. I jumped a foot in the air when I heard a voice clearing. I was surprised when I saw one of the brothers leaning against the kitchen door with an eyebrow raised. I stopped dancing immediately and blushed lightly.

"oh sorry" he apologized "I didn’t mean to interrupt you, you dance amazingly you know" a deeper blushed appeared on my face, I was sure I looked like a beetroot by now.

 

He smiled softly and I studied his features. He towered over me at 6'0, the same height as Robby, with his black shaggy hair almost covering his bright green eyes. His black shirt stretched tightly over his tanned chest which you could tell he had at least a 6 pack, but he wasn’t too buff. He looked to be about 17, only a year older than me. I turned back to the food and stirred the pasta so it wasn’t stuck to the bottom. Moving around more self-conscience I took out 8 plates and set them on the table. I knew I wouldn’t be getting dinner but I was used to it. I was never allowed to eat in others presence, father said I turned him of his food, they would probably think the same.

 

Serving up the food I grabbed a notepad and brushed past him to get to the living room. Putting my head down I wrote down on the paper.

Your dinner is served on the table, I hope you like spaghetti bolognaise after showing it to them I looked up and saw all the brothers looking at me intently, I pulled my hoddie over my head more in fear of them seeing my bruises. They nodded and I gave them a fake smile, turning on my heel to go to my room hopefully. The brother from before stood in my path to the stairs and stopped me in my tracks.

 

"I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself before, my name is Ryder" he gave me a warm grin and I put on a fake smile, nodding at him a moved around him to get up the stairs. Before I went too far Mr Calevier's voice rang out

"yes I don’t think everyone has introduced themselves" I closed my eyes and just begged for this to be over. Slowly turning around I gave him a grin which turned out to be more of a grimace.

 

He gave me a warm smile and pointed to a boy around my age with shoulder length black, curly hair that deeply contrasted with his pale skin. He had bright, brown eyes and you could see through his shirt that he was lean and on the muscly side, he seemed to be around 5'9. After my inspection of him Mr Calevier told me his name

"that’s Sam and he is twins with Jake over there" he pointed over to a boy sitting next to him who was an exact replica except for his blue eyes. I nodded in their direction, giving them a small smile.

"you have to be careful of those two, they will be pulling pranks on you by the morning. That’s Cameron or Cam over there" he pointed to the man who looked like he had been in the army for most of his life with scars all up his arms and over his face but was impossible as he only seemed to be 20, he scared me the most with his short, brown buzz cut hair and huge muscled tan arms folded over with his piercing blue eyes that seemed to have seem too much in his lifetime, he was around 6'1 and terrified the living day lights out of me.

 

Mr Calevier seemed to know this as he quickly moved on to the next brother who was leaning again the wall

"and last but not least Robert or more commonly known as Robby" Robby had a mess of short curly blonde hair on his head with warm brown eyes and buff tan skin, towering over me at a height of 6'0 he looked to be 22 years old. He gave me a nod of the head and I smiled weakly back.

 

Keeping my head down I finally escaped to my room and shut my door, shutting the lock I put on years ago. Sliding against the door I leant my head against the door, my hoodie falling off my head. Looking at my roof that my mother and I had painted a week before her death I saw the sun, animals, the trees and the family sitting together, all with huge smiles on their faces.

 

Closing my eyes shut the image out of my head and shook myself mentally. That was over now, there was no happy family any more. Standing up shakily I limped towards my bed and collapsed on my small bed, not even taking my shoes of I succumbed to the darkness that awaited me.



© 2012 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
I only just realised that I was calling her art teacher her Principle for a bit in the story but I have changed it and his name is Mr Calevier. You may find out his real name further on but you will have to read on to find out ;) im sorry for such a long wait I had a serious case or writers block and had a lot of drama and crap happen at home.. Basically I have had to move out of home at 15 and there was police involved and my family has been torn apart… I've had a lot on my mind and have barely finished this and im sorry if its bad! I will try to get the next one up quicker but no promises… I will try though! Hope you guys like it and all comments are appreciated! Love
Tanaya x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My goodness girl. You can write!!! I mean YOU! CAN! WRITE! You are just masquerading as a 15 year old girl aren't you?? I wanted you to know I was by... I read... I am blown away by your ability to put this stuff together. Your job is to keep your readers interested and turning the page. You do that with much skill I was completely engaged in this story. So very happy to see this part of you. The other stuff, where you leave your feelings in 3 line stanzas, those pieces are raw and beautiful in a different way. THIS is writing talent and skill which is already very well developed. Keep going and you'll write right past us old people. LOVE IT!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the description of her life and shopping. I like the visitor and how she question his appearance. A very good chapter. You create a interesting character and storyline. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012


Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stuffed Stuffed

A Poem by Muse