The First Day Begins

The First Day Begins

A Chapter by Tandom

I didn’t go to sleep last night until 5:00 AM! I brought Eve home at 11:00 PM after we watched a movie based on a fantasy video game. They traveled to another planet or something and then went back. Why? To waste time somewhere else! I expect filler scenes in books and popular television shows. Now that story may be seen elsewhere.

I woke up and it was 1:45 PM already. Mom had left me some sandwiches on the table in the corner. It surprises me how she learned to sneak around the apartment, cook food and take my laundry without me hearing or feeling. Moms are like ninjas, but everywhere around the world!

My body was shivering over to the table from the lack of heat and clothing on right now. I grabbed a sandwich and shivered all the way into the bathroom. Hot water was now filling up the tub. The door was shut and steam started to fill up inside.

I got in and took a bite out of my sandwich. The warm water forced my body to change temperatures rapidly. Mom came in a couple minutes later with her work uniform on. She just stared at me sitting in the tub with my sandwich in hand.

“Did you need something from me, mother? Also the heat is off in here.” Our standard looks faced each other now.

“I was going to say that if you wanted, I would drive you to the facility today and back home tomorrow. But you seem to not be ready right now.” I took another bite out of my sandwich. Mom slowly shut the door, looking away.

My uniform was lying around somewhere in the apartment. The steam from inside flew out and around. Now the indoor heat rose about a couple degrees. A towel was wrapped around my waist as the search went on and on. Something told me mom either forgot to tell me where she placed it or to actually wash them with the laundry.

The “bedroom” was uniform-less like the living room seemed. It seemed about time to check out the uncertain, confused, over-the-head mother I know. Sometimes I just ask the person across the hall to help me with things instead of her. At least he could remember what we were looking for after 15 minutes of searching.

The hallway- that connects the apartments together and the entrance was walled off on each side. My mother could be in the shower and I would be locked out there without either of us not knowing the other side. For now, I was standing in a hallway with nothing but a towel around my waist and the freezing cold of the non-heated rooms.

I knocked on the door and waited. Mom didn’t answer me with a question. Silence came back into my ears. I knocked again and got more silence. The door behind me opened and a teenage girl walked out. She seemed a year or two older than I was.

“Is there a reason why you are currently standing in front of your mother’s door naked?” She leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed. This one never seemed to like “different” things.

“This isn’t what you think, Kristyn. I have a good reason to be naked in front of her door right now.” My hands were held up, trying to show I was innocent. That tactic didn’t seem to work on her.

“Well if you say so! Is your mother even home though? I don’t want to see what others will do to you while you are locked out like this.” She grinned a little. An idea was spinning around in her mind.

“I just saw her about seven minutes ago. She usually is home until the next day right now.” We both looked at each other. Kristyn went back inside with the door still open. Mom didn’t answer the door either. I stood in the cold hallway, alone, again.

Kristyn came back out with clothing in her hands. “Here! I was told to give this to you before two o’ clock this afternoon. So you lied about her being inside that apartment to me just now.” Why did mom give her my uniform?

“Thanks for that. Were you asked to wash those before two o’ clock by my mom also? She can forget to do that at times.” I could feel my ears heat up even though the temperature was winter-like. Kristyn led me back inside my own apartment which felt more embarrassing.

She threw the uniform onto the couch and waltzed over to my table. Everything I did was over there and some other secrets. “I’ve never seen what the inside of here looks like. Your mother said it was like ours, but I thought it would be more nerdish.” I grabbed a pair of boxers from my box of clothing and tried to place them on underneath the towel. Both she and mom might freak out if I acted normal in front of them.

Kristyn was walking back over to me. An evil grin was across her face. Her hands placed themselves onto my shoulders when she arrived. My boxers were about halfway up my leg when I looked up. Her palms slid down my arms and onto my waist. The towel was still wrapped around there as my only protection.

“Do you need something, Kristyn? I’m sure there is a way I could help you.” I tried to move my arm to hers and push it away. She kept them planted where they were though. “I need a little fun right now. You’re probably bored of her as much as I am bored of him.” Who was him? Was her suppose to be Eve?

There wasn’t enough time for her shenanigans! I had to get the stuff from school before any of the office ladies leave. Whatever she was trying to get at could wait till Monday night at least.

It felt colder down south. Kristyn was licking her lips like she was going to eat something delicious. There was no more contact between her hands and my waist. I was afraid to look down at where her hands were. There was something thrown behind me with a pair of hands wrapping around my neck. “Mom told you I had to leave at two o’ clock. Can whatever you want wait a couple more days?”

She was walking backwards towards the couch. I was being pulled towards her. We turned around and I fell into one of the cushions. My eyes were locked in with hers. The slight line of a tip in my vision. I could only imagine what she was trying to do. She took off her shirt to reveal what the absence of heat has done to her torso. Do I just get over this and finish it up quick, or do I refuse her tempting offer?

I sighed and started to remove her pants. “Listen. I need to get to my truck, but I know you won’t let me leave. Do you know if anyone else is around at this moment?” Kristyn started undoing her bra as she was kissing me. We both knew what would be happening now with the correct answer. “Everyone is at work or shopping. We can reach your truck without getting spotted, if you like, if it is located right outside that door.” We both looked at each other.

I grabbed my uniform and threw it inside my backpack. Kristyn also threw her clothes in there for afterwards. I stood up and grabbed onto her. I know she doesn’t weigh much, but carrying her down a hallway while doing THIS would be difficult. We crashed into a few walls on the way and through the door. Outside was colder than it was inside. I rushed both of our bodies across the only row of seats I had.

Kristyn pushed me up and sat on the passenger side. Her forehead was sweating a little. “Well then! That girl definitely has an, interesting man around. I can see why she stays around.” She started reapplying her clothing from earlier. I finally got my uniform on. “I guess it is time for us to part for now. Will I be seeing you again some time?”

I turned the key and let the engine roar to life. I smiled and stared into my wheel. “I won’t be home until the morning and super tired. You won’t be seeing that me for a while if I have an actual say.” She giggled and opened the door. An elderly woman walked by and looked disgusted. I drove off once she got inside and off to the school.

The office lady at the school was some-what annoyed with me. It was 3:00 PM and she was just about to finish up her work. I could see Eve and the other girls practicing up ahead for a basketball game that was today. There were plenty of tests I needed to do today. Eve came over as I looked over each test.

“Do you think maybe you could stay for tonight’s game? Coach wants to talk to you about something.” Her coach was looking at me. There was a paper in her hands that didn’t look like cheers. It was a form that could be filled out.

“The facility is two hours away. Will the game be done before 7 o’ clock?” She nodded and dragged me over. Everyone on the team knew about my job and how it was impossible for me to miss it. “OKAY GIRLS! We have one hour to practice before the game.” I sat in a chair and started some of the more complex tests.

English wasn’t one of my stronger subjects during class time. We had to answer question about a book they finished in school today. I was expected to read it before, but that didn’t work out as planned.

During the game, I sat on the bleacher level just above the girls. They stood up most of the time cheering for the boys and doing the cheers they practiced. No one on the basketball team was registered into my brain. They were winning by just barely enough points from the other team. It was the last period and I had just finished all of my tests.

Eve’s coach was looking at me as each piece of paper entered my backpack. She grabbed the paper in her hands during practice. It was as I saw before, a form for someone that wanted to join filled out. “You’ve came to every practice for two years now. Every cheer and routine we have taught those girls is implanted into your head like it is your hand. There wouldn’t be any problems adding you into anything now.”

I took the form from her hands. Eve told me that games and competitions were a requirement to go to even if you weren’t going to do anything. The facility had me working every weekend until I finished this year. “What if I can’t make any of the important events? My job requires me to be there on the days they asked of me until they find a replacement.”

That made me feel a little bad. She wanted to offer me a position on the team even though I never tried out in August, and here I was refusing the one thing she has asked of me. Dad told me maybe it would be worth trying out this year when he picked me and Eve up last year. But everything has been different since he left.

“Does your job require you often? It seems like games are the only things you miss regularly.”

“It requires me to be up from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM on Friday nights to Monday mornings. If there was a competition on the weekend of any week, I wouldn’t be able to attend.” I gave the paper back to her. Mom thinks I should quit the facility and do school things like this also. If for some reason I did quit the facility, she would then constantly nag me to get a new job that would be after school. There would be no winning the argument then.

The game ended with our team winning. Eve and the girls were talking to each other about girl things like they did. I tried to escape before she got me into another situation. There were inches between me and the door when I turned around. A sight I never thought of seeing was behind me. The other girls noticed me looking and started giggling. Did they know about this for a while, or is this a new thing? Eve was being carried by one of the basketball boys, like she had me do.

She seemed to be having a grand old time with this. Her head was on top of his shoulder close to his face. Why should I be bothered by this? We already read how horrible I was to her earlier today! The time was 6:05 PM and I had to be at the facility for 9:00 PM. It was time for me to leave.



© 2016 Tandom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016
Tags: I, Don't, Know, What, to, Call, This!!!, Mystery, strangeness, Chapter 3


Author

Tandom
Tandom

MA



About
I'm sort of bouncing off different ideas that just suddenly come to mind. I don't know what I'll be able to write once college starts up, but I'll try to finish what I start more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tandom


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tandom