I Quit

I Quit

A Poem by Tania Leigh
"

Ever have a day like this?

"

 

I finally lost my temper today

and said all of the things I wanted to say

to all of the people that had dared cross me,

and I laughed when they looked disbelievingly.

 

I conveniently lost my memory

and forgot all the things I’m supposed to be;

I was living in the moment for once in my life,

forgetting I’m a daughter, stepmother, and wife.

 

I seem to have lost my way somehow,

for there is no direction in the here and now.

I’m testing the old theory that ignorance is bliss;

look carefully at me, do you see something amiss?

 

I’ve finally gone and lost my mind,

and it is not something I desire to find.

I hereby resign from life’s venomous fray;

I’m halfway to insanity, and here is where I think I'll stay.

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
Yes, I know the syllable count isn't right on, but I......don't......care lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good effort with the syllable count! It is not always about getting it exactly right! Lol.

This reminds me of the new cell phone commericals with the unlimited minutes. Maybe you can sell them a license for this poem for their next commercial! I think that it is Verizon! "I now have unlimited minutes! I want to tell off everybody that I know! Screw you, too!"

Peace and love,
Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well seem you had a lt to say to some people and you just kept everything inside until you couldn't hold back anymore. A wonderful write.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can sure relate to this one Tania. It's amazing how much we take and take and take, before we snap.

It's like a rubber band being stretched further and further then springing back to *normal* until the 'spring' is gone and it snaps.

If you'd tried to do this with ryhme, metre and correct syllable count, you may have had the *perfect* poem but it wouldn't have been the "RIGHT" one.

Anger, frustration, fear, pain etc are the emotions that colour our words and dictate the speed and rhythm of what we write and it's THAT emotion that sells the poem.

If you edited this, it would be tight but you'd lose the essence that makes it good.

One thing though - if you decide to walk away towards insanity - for awhile - you can chose to walk back - when you're ready.

Love this poem

Jen-JG

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It sounds wonderful to have lost your mind. I think I'll forget where I put mine tonight. I enjoyed, and I don't care about the syllable count, it works.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't worry about the count Tania! When you are in that halfway insane zone, you are exempt! It says so in the Insanity Self Diagnosis Gospel! lol :) I think that this poem actually left me with a feeling of refreshment. It was new and different in the way you presented loosing that temper and the crazed feelings in the aftermath.
I liked it alot!
Great Write! :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmm yup, we've all had those days. This is a fantastic poem, excellent write!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i can relate to this....nicely written, very honest.
thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this! it reminded me of poems i read in my youth! I thought the last line was spot on perfect!
Great Work of art here! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is a really catchy poem, and is very easy to relate to. Just break out! and get out!! it seems insane not to...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. I have had a moment like this and it feels good! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh, this is what i need to do .. just let it out .. i love this one, Tania ..
You have written a powerful poem ..

Chloe
xoxo



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1962 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Finally Finally

A Poem by Natalie C