I Quit

I Quit

A Poem by Tania Leigh
"

Ever have a day like this?

"

 

I finally lost my temper today

and said all of the things I wanted to say

to all of the people that had dared cross me,

and I laughed when they looked disbelievingly.

 

I conveniently lost my memory

and forgot all the things I’m supposed to be;

I was living in the moment for once in my life,

forgetting I’m a daughter, stepmother, and wife.

 

I seem to have lost my way somehow,

for there is no direction in the here and now.

I’m testing the old theory that ignorance is bliss;

look carefully at me, do you see something amiss?

 

I’ve finally gone and lost my mind,

and it is not something I desire to find.

I hereby resign from life’s venomous fray;

I’m halfway to insanity, and here is where I think I'll stay.

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
Yes, I know the syllable count isn't right on, but I......don't......care lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good effort with the syllable count! It is not always about getting it exactly right! Lol.

This reminds me of the new cell phone commericals with the unlimited minutes. Maybe you can sell them a license for this poem for their next commercial! I think that it is Verizon! "I now have unlimited minutes! I want to tell off everybody that I know! Screw you, too!"

Peace and love,
Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

To hell with the syllable count. The piece is about cutting loose and forgetting the rules. You have had enough of everyones expectations and are just going to express yourself without hesitation.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YES!! DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MECHANICS!!! It does have a place to be sure, but convention can and does stifle the flow and feeling of the poem.. Such a introspective piece such as this evokes much feeling as I personlally feel poetry should... (these are the ones I like best) ..where all the expert ryhme metter and high falutin words do not always count... Great job! Thomas Jefferson said we should have a revolution every 20 years... Great to be a rebel!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this- I think we all have those days where we just don't care and sometimes we dream about saying all those things that go through our mind while at work or other places like when someone cuts in front of you in line at the Grocery store or shoves you out of the way when you are trying to shop just like them. This has a fun rythm and flow to it even though it is about being upset I really like the fact that it still sounds fun. Good Job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Know what? forget the syllable count...it flows very well! I chuckled at this, as I began to wonder something. Healthy minds live in the moment...perhaps you are not experiencing insanity afterall....perhaps you are reaching for sanity---finally. The waters simply feel so different that it seems insane. I really liked this piece very much. Stay true to yourself. Just speak the truth in love... :D
~Lorraiyne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I definitely have an understanding of what you feel. People just push you to that point where your ready to snap, I fully understand.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have had a day like this...
I had felt exactly the same way...
Good Job for capturing this feeling, It reminded of how I felt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know the feeling all to well - I'm always on the edge of sanity too.


Great poetic vent

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great piece. Reminds me of times when I just snap and lose control of my temper. I love the way you vented it out in poetry, at least then you don't physically harm people unlike others. Awesome way to express yourself.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like you're giving up trying to maintain normalcy. Something I can definitely relate to. It's sort of a liberation to give in to your own insanity. Besides, when you give up control on your life, it flows much more smoothly anyway. Insightful little piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the content is more impostant than the form sometimes. To stand up for yourself may raise a few eyebrows
But it is necessary to maintain yourself respect.
If you read the great poets they quite often disregard the rules to suit their particular message

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1962 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Finally Finally

A Poem by Natalie C