Home

Home

A Chapter by Tasha

Four of the five quintuplets were sitting at the dinner table doing homework while their mother was in the kitchen cooking. It was 6:00 p.m., and they each walked home at their own distance and pace and at different times.


“Matt's in love with you Keri,” Adrian broke the silence.


“Tell me about it. Today he had the guts to come and ask me out. I declined, of course,” Keri said with a laugh.


“Good,” said Joyce quietly.


“Why?” asked Keri.


“Because, he's a bully. Besides, he probably wouldn't treat you right anyway. He's too self-conceited.”


“Just like Keri is. Their perfect for each other,” muttered Angela.


“What?” asked Keri.


“Nothing,” replied Angela.


After that an awkward silence took place between the siblings. The only sound that could be heard was their pencils scribbling across the vicious homework. Angela stood up, making as much noise as possible, and huffed her way to the living room couch.


“What's her problem?” asked Keri.


“The world,” Joyce said.


At that moment, Noah walked in with his fingers clicking away on his Samsung Galaxy S3. “What's cracking?” he looked up for less than a second and asked.


“Homework, what else” Adrian said sarcastically.


“Hey mom, you should tell dad to buy us the iPad4,” Noah said whilst walking in the kitchen.


“You mean that I should tell your dad to buy YOU the iPad4,” Mrs. Jones replied.


“Exactly,” Noah said with a laugh.


“Noah, we just bought you the iPad3 a couple of months ago. Besides, don't you have a job at Radio Shack?”


“Yeah, but that cheap place don't pay me enough. Pleaseee?” Noah whined.


“I'll have to think about it, and stop whining like a baby,” She said, and Noah knew that, “I'll have to think about it,” was really his mother's indirect way of saying no. He sighed and stalked off.


“Noah, stop sulking. You'll eventually end up getting it anyway, like you always do,” Adrian said to his brother.


“Dinner's ready!” their mother yelled.



© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012


Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha