Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Afterword

Afterword

A Chapter by TaylSpin

The reality is there is no cure for mental illness there is only management. I’ll keep it real, and the truth is that it is vital that you constantly remain open and honest with both yourself and your health care team. This is necessary when you feel good, and when you don’t. Know your baseline. There is no shame in needing and asking for help, or in trying a new treatment if one fails to work for you.

When things get rough again, and they very well may, instead of being swept away with feelings of defeat, remind yourself �" that if you give it time, a minute, a day, or maybe even a week or month, this shitstorm will pass. Because you are smart enough, you are pretty enough, you are strong enough, and although you may not feel it, you are good enough. There are more people than you can ever imagine that want you to succeed, people that love you, care about you, and would miss you if someday you weren’t there.

The stigma associated with mental illness is fading. If you are comfortable enough, take some opportunities to speak out about it. It may save others, and it may be therapeutic for you. Your illness doesn’t define you and it doesn’t have to add negativity to your life.

Don’t worry, I am not about to turn this into an emotional grand finale. Just know that whoever you are, wherever you are - you deserve to live a long life and to be happy. And if you need another reason to allow yourself to live, its because I’ve been there too, and I said so.

And no one as lovely as I, would ever tell a lie. 



© 2017 TaylSpin


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on October 10, 2017
Last Updated on October 10, 2017


Author

TaylSpin
TaylSpin

Canada



Writing
Foreword Foreword

A Chapter by TaylSpin