No Closure

No Closure

A Chapter by Tevo77777
"

Two operators of a mysterious organization move in for the kill.

"



They had thought that just because a place was almost defenseless, because it was barely civilized; that it would be easy prey. The presence of inferior weapons and rampant poverty, wouldn't be enough to provide an easy target. At least not today, not right now.


“We got here late.” Thresh admitted


“Yeah, I know” Natasha said


They had been late, people died because they didn't get there fast enough.


“We were to far away, things like this happen.” She went on “All we can do now is everything we can. We are in position. Let's make this happen.”


Her silenced M14 was across her chest, a modified variant that she personally used. He preferred to use a CR-50 that was silenced and loaded with 5.56x45. The best NTA rifle, loaded with the most common round in the entire world. His rifle would never break, it would accept all attachments, and he would almost never run out of ammo. It didn't weigh that much, it even accepted other parts as needed. These were weapons for this kind of work. Nothing less would survive in this kind of world.


“Pretty ironic.” Thresh noted “I was trained for these people and here I am putting them down.”


“That's how life is sometimes.” Natasha added “It's not supposed to always make sense.”


“There isn't ever going to be closure is there?” He asked, looking over at her.


“How are we going to get closure with other people besides ourselves in this world?” She replied “If there is two others, one of them will try to enslave or kill the other.”


Quietly they moved forward, wearing some of the most expensive gear that the NTA had to offer. They were quite well protected, a lot of what they were was imported; that's what had to be done to get the best technology. Their boots were made by Lyras, but that was the part of their kits' that almost every NTA soldier had. The rest of the gear came from some nation that didn't exist anymore, things like this happened all the time. Nothing was stable out there, they just weren't able to make that happen. Outsiders were quite a disappointment, that was something they both knew; because they were once outsiders.


“Lioness One, this is Actual.” They both heard in their ear-peices.


“Actual, this is Lioness One.” Natasha confirmed “What have you got for me?”


“We have an Avenger moving in about twenty minutes.” Actual answered “Need you to designate a target. Command prefers to be certain about our targets.”


“Affirmative, moving towards the objective.” She finished


They both moved towards the target quietly, trying to not make any noise or be spotted. A few times their weapons almost catch on a branch in the thick brush and the swamp was deep enough that their clothing was barely keeping it out. After trudging forward about 19 minutes, they got close enough to the objective to spot what appeared to be four BTR-80s. They laid down and he pulled out the laser-pointer, pointing it at the center of the APCs. She looked at her watch and sighed, they probably didn't make it to the target in time. She swore that it was just under 20 minutes ago that they were messaged. Maybe she was wrong. She heard crying, someone screaming to the right of them; and then a gunshot. They were to late for another person, they were just to late. She lifted her rifle up and looked over in that direction.


“Actual?” Thresh asked softly “Actual, are you there. This is Tiger.”


“This -hissss- Actual, Avenger -hissssssss- -hissssss-.” They heard


“F**k.” Thresh muttered “We might have missed the deadline. Radio isn't working right. I don't think we can take any shots without those APCs dealt with.”


“The instant I hear a missile, I am taking a shot.” Natasha insisted “Someone is going to pay for this. Lives are expensive, someone has to pay.”


“We can't stay here to long, the BTRs are buttoned up right now and busy fooling around.” Thresh added “The second that they pay attention, they could likely spot one of us. Anyone pays any attention and we will likely be spotted.”


“We're in the mud and the engines are running, for now we are good.” Natasha said “We can wait a few more minutes.”


“Do you have a bead on someone important?” He mumbled.


“He's wearing a beret, so I am going to assume he is.” Natasha replied “Junior Officer at....”


There was a loud hiss and then several large expositions, that ended up forcing them to the ground. The noise was just to much and there was fire scattered around the flaming husks of metal. She sat up and found her target again, shooting him as he laid down. Thresh got up right with her and started firing in that direction. It was just the beginning.  



© 2015 Tevo77777


Author's Note

Tevo77777
I'm aware that the structure needs work. I'm just trying to get this out there, so that it can be refined more, later.

Yes, they kept vague. The next part with them will explain more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on December 2, 2015
Last Updated on December 2, 2015


Author

Tevo77777
Tevo77777

Phoenix, AZ



About
I used to read a lot of good novels and now I just read raw information that I use for my writing. I take inspiration from the pain that I feel, some joy as well; but most of the bright pictures .. more..

Writing