Chapter 003

Chapter 003

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy

Chapter 3


     As it is often known to do, Saturday morning came far too quickly. When Doug woke, he found himself in a decidedly female bedroom. He was alone, but Kat wasn't long gone, the empty space next to him still had the smell of Kat, baby oil and some good smelling woman's shampoo that he couldn't identify. He could hear the shower running through the bathroom door. Despite being childless, Kat's 'mother senses' were apparently honed to a whetted edge.


     “Why don't you go put on a pot of coffee,” she shouted over the noise of the shower.


     How the hell did she know I was awake? he wondered as he crawled from beneath the covers and trudged toward the kitchen.


     By the time the coffee was in the pot and brewing, and Doug was reading her morning paper, Kat appeared in the kitchen doorway in her jeans and tee-shirt. She was standing there, hands over her head, still drying her hair with her towel. Doug, who sat gazing at her, much like a little leaguer looking out over Fenway Park, was still quite overwhelmed by her. The years had been most kind to her, and Doug was never shy about pointing that out.


     “What?” she asked, self consciously looking down at herself for a big stain or an inside out tee-shirt.


     “Do you know how beautiful you are?”


     She rolled her eyes and chuckled.


     “I was old eight hours ago.”


     “So you're old and beautiful. You know, the two aren't mutually exclusive.”


     “Flattery will not get you out of helping me move.”


     He raised his eyebrows in lecherous fashion.


     “What will it get me into?” he asked, pulling her to him.


     She smiled and feigned resistance.


     “You've gotten into all you're going to get into for a little while. Your flattery will get you an old movie camera, an old projector and a home movie. Now pour me some coffee while I brush my hair.”


     He muttered, got up and poured coffee as instructed, and mused aloud while he did so.


     “What do you think that equipment is worth?”


     “I don't know,” she said, “but you might want to sneak a peek at that movie before you go selling things.”


     “Why? What's on it?”


     She knew if she told him what was on the film, she'd be subjected to a morning long lecture on why Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been a lone assassin. While she loved Doug and appreciated his passion, she wasn't up for the Conspiracy Lecture today.


     “You'll have to watch it to find out.”


     “Not even a clue?”


     “Nope, not even a clue.”



© 2012 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

really can't wait to him to find out..


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012


Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy