Solitude

Solitude

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy

 

Looking across the dreary expanse
That was the bleak morning sky
Brought to mind thoughts of you.
~
In that vast skyscape filled with
The gray clouds that signaled gloom,
There was a break, a brief break.
~
A break in the gloom that liberated
Your brilliant light to blaze upon
My soul like nothing before or since.
~
Even as the glow warmed through to
My soul, thawed my once frigid heart, I knew
That the break would be painfully short.
~
My joy was tempered by the sight of the
Dreary clouds slowly engulfing the light. In
What seemed like a moment, the light was gone.
~
Now as I look across the sky, I see no more
Breaks in this gloom, it goes to the end of
The horizon, as far as the heart can see,
There is Solitude.

© 2008 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That last stanza really did it for me. This was a gut wrenching, beautiful, honest write. I really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God I know the feelings in this great poem well CBG, sorry you feel that way too. Tai, just discovering your work

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmmm...this is written well and captures the mood you speak of perfectly, doing what good poetry is meant to do, tell the naked truth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The combination of words is wonderful. For anyone who has ever felt alone, this poem is companionship.




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It left me speechless for a moment. It's a beautiful piece and the sadness in the lines is a very nice touch. well done..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel a ramble coming on...

The sky is a magnificent thing. So many people can relate it to their feelings of loneliness, of happiness, of wonder. Isn't it strange that when we want it to, the sky can be a great comfort. We can tell ourselves that there's the same moon shining as the one that will shine on the people we love, no matter how far away they are... or we can tell ourselves that the clouds make us feel claustrophic and desperate for clear blue to allow us to experience the freedom that comes with sunny days. We hate the sky when there is unbroken cloud and we love it when there are just a few whispy clouds that allow our imagination to fly.

You have captured one of those emotions here so beautifully. Eloquent does not even begin to describe it. It is moody and very masculine but also very tender in the message it conveys. I took a long time to think about my review and then I just thought f*** it... just write down my thoughts. That's what poetry should do to a person's mind in my opinion.

Perfect.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very powerful, it made me experience the often short time in which love first finds us, and the seeming flash of time we get to enjoy it in its most brilliant form.... and the slow withdraw of the wonder as love responds to the failed demands of two people, receding, leaving us alone once more. Very soulful, very good use of imagery to move us. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Solitude is a double-edge sword. Weld it carefully!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isn't this always the way things happen...the darkness surrounds us and suddenly there is a light in the midst of that darkness. We feel a joy so unbelievable and yet we know that it is short lived. This poem was beautifully written...the imagery was perfect for getting across the emotion and inspiration of this piece. Breathtaking!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It almost has that feel of a gray day where it is drizzling slightly, but not hard enough to be rain. It is a very emotional piece that wrenches at the heart. I especially liked the last line which really ties the whole scene together. Well written and a good work. Good Job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on October 23, 2008

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kiss Who? Kiss Who?

A Story by T. L. O'Neal