Every Poet Writes Those Lines

Every Poet Writes Those Lines

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Don't we all write this poem in some shape or form.

"

Every poet writes those lines.

The ones that bring the pain.
Stanzas recount every tear,
And they fall again like rain.

 

Absent loves leave tired hearts
To lie at fitful wake.
Left alone to struggle with
That dull and throbbing ache.

 

Oh that words returned to us,
Lost days and moments gone.
But Time, she has no pity,
She grimly marches on.

 

How many are there out there
Who do not have a clue?
They do not know our anguish
They’ve all found loves anew.

 

So we write, we pray, we hope,
They wonder how we’ve been.
We tell ourselves they'll miss us
As the tears bleed from our pens.

© 2014 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

They say that "time assuages,"--
Time never did assuage;
An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
Time is a test of trouble,
But not a remedy.
If such it prove, it prove too
There was no malady.
--E. Dickinson

We write ourselves on the page. And I see you're having trouble with lost moments and time gone. :-)

When words are written with true emotion, the feelings cannot be masked. They are as alive in the words as you or me. We can always be found out by our writing.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

J. Patrick Darrow mentions a few things there, but some of his criticisms are things I like. Like the "tongue-twisterish" style, I enjoy that.

It flows well to me and the imagery of how poets write is extremely well conveyed. It's how and why I write my poems.

Others have said it before me and I say it now. Very well written, and a fabulous poem. It really is a very descriptive piece :) x

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought I formally reviewed this...? My age is creeping up on me! LOL

Anyway, you know I like this one. Sums me up at age 21, when my fiance left me for someone younger and blonder, only three months before our wedding (best thing he ever did for me, by the way, not that I would have believed it had someone told me that at the time!)

Favorite line: "We tell ourselves they miss us | As the tears bleed from our pens."

I love being a writer. No other profession or hobby can turn such soul-deep sorrow into a work of art.


Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Oh that words returned to us
Lost days and moments gone. "

yes....

"So we write, we pray, we hope,
They wonder how we've been.
We tell ourselves they miss us
As the tears bleed from our pens. "

yes yes yes

you did a fantastic job with this... the rhyming is subtle and sweet... the ending is striking.

great job



Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The torment and bliss of being alert to the motions within and without, and knowing how fully capable one is to tell a stroy in the most personal of ways. Oblivion versus existence. How is it that the poet can conjure things long dead and make them echo for eternity? How is it that words can invoke the dead and conversely kill the living?

Love, -Nihad

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First, may I congratulate you on rhyming that works. I try not to write in rhyme because so often the poem dies by the wayside of useless words, but this works. Makes me feel kind of, pathetic? is that the right word? Only those who write, are reading what we write, and we are all shedding the same tears together while those we shed them for blindly march on without us to the beat of passing time. Indeed. Well said, indeed. We have all written it, but still, we feel compelled to continue to bleed our pens. Writing it down is rarely enough, it is to be heard, acknowledged, stomached, and well digested. Only then does the writer feel any kind of relief, and even then, it is rarely enough.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its flows, the lines work well, good structure and it rhymes..but this is not the point.
its truthful, beautiful and it make you feel and remeber that peom we wrote...
You have truely captured the feelings of what it means to be a writer..
"As the tears bleed from our pens."
and may they be soaked up by the page and then soaked up by a reader, who despite bloodstained feels for you.
well done,
~Jazlean

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent job on this. It flows well, I didn't trip over any lines or feel compelled to change any words.



Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW.. I flippin love this, "As tears bleed from our pens" Wish i'd written that. How mwny times have we written lines that turn keys and open fllodgates so our emotions fall like the rain. Really liked tye stanza about time marching on. This truly was an exceptional piece. 10min i reckon.
Thanks jerry a fave
carl

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely beautiful word usage. "As the tears bleed from our pens." Intense imagery.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you put it, I have a few poems out there of this nature. All we can do is pray that we atleast cross their minds at some point in the day. Thisi s great work.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

921 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 22, 2014

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain