A dying land

A dying land

A Chapter by LoreMaster

As evil continued to spread to the once lush land of Lesallia, the tiny glitter of hope started to fade out. The war that broke out nearly ten years ago left acres of ruins in its path. Demonic forces and opportunistic intents roam mostly on the slowly dying realm of Lesallia. The once blissful paradise of eternal forests became a gloomy madness of corruption and decay.

Brutal barbarians from the south ride into cities expanding their crude territories, pillaging village after village; rouges, bandits and thieves take the opportunity of chaos to loot and raid helpless citizens; pirates roam at the open seas, ambushing the continent's essential trading ports; ambitious goblins and trolls wreak havoc at the forests and the once peaceful beasts now run amok and disturbed, destroying defenceless towns. Even forests, rivers and plains are not safe anymore as groups of cruel raiders, insidious warlocks and chaotic demons vandalize Lessallia’ s once peaceful balance. And the havens and sanctuaries of the good are slowly becoming scarce.

The righteous acts done by the few good people did little difference against the overwhelming tides of evil: Mercenaries-for-hire sprout here and there, promising to cleanse the land of evil yet most of them return as mutilated corpses. Champions fight and die alone, as soldiers cower in fright by the very sight of the corrupted madness that twist their minds into unimaginable horrors. Even the divine arts stand no-match, for the weight of evil far outweighs that of good, and it just began spreading its filth in the once promising land of Lesallia and would soon devour it whole.

A pack of unlikely adventurers stepped up to take action and postpone the inevitable destruction; as they go on their personal quests, their lives begin to intertwine into Lesallia’s fate.

 


© 2009 LoreMaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on October 14, 2008
Last Updated on May 25, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Philippines



About
Each Lore contains a story, And each story is a Pandora's box I have bound my soul to each word that came to pass I embody the words, and my spirit is the pen that writes I am the lifeform t.. more..

Writing