Assassin Princess

Assassin Princess

A Chapter by LoreMaster

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Assassin Princess.



 

Her very existence depended on her ability to conceal. The nature of her job required clandestine living and a life-long attachment to secrecy. With each sickening clash of flesh and blade, with each stifled voice and twisted neck, her demand grew, and she was drawn into the world of stealth and cruelty again and again.
Even after storing the knives and throwing her black clothes into the furnace, she couldn’t forget. Her nights were plagued by images and recurring memories of those she had stolen life from. Even though she held nothing against them, they wouldn’t let her rest. They wouldn’t let her sleep.
What she hated the most was lying to Leon about this. Although she knew he wouldn’t love her any less, she feared he would see her in a different light. Her secret life – her undisclosed former life – would remain hidden from him. It seemed better this way. Although she knew that one day the past would catch up to her, she didn’t think that the first disaster to strike her home would directly involve her husband.
Spilled spices. Broken Jars. A smashed window and an unhinged door. Evidence of a rough break-in, but where was Leon? There was no blood, but she saw signs of struggle. Her mind raced. She imagined him in horrible scenarios. What would they want with him? She immediately knew. Upon entering her husband’s study, she saw books scattered everywhere and scrolls tossed aside. Sure enough, the most valuable book wasn’t there. But why would they drag him away too?
A screech filled the air. This was the call of a messenger bird. Keira darted out of her ruined cottage and swiftly caught the parcel. In it was a note with the hurried scribble she knew so well. Even after ten years, she remembered. The parchment reeked of herb. Potion masters added this ingredient to a concoction to create fire. When applied raw unto a piece of paper, it would burst into flames when in contact with skin too long.
Tavern. Seek out Shiela.
After hurriedly reading the note, she tossed it into the wind and watched it be engulfed in sudden flames. Then it was gone.


© 2008 LoreMaster


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6 Views
Added on October 14, 2008


Author

LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Philippines



About
Each Lore contains a story, And each story is a Pandora's box I have bound my soul to each word that came to pass I embody the words, and my spirit is the pen that writes I am the lifeform t.. more..

Writing