A dark return

A dark return

A Chapter by LoreMaster

Previous Version
This is a previous version of A dark return.



A master wizard from the mutilated academy of Lesallia, he was one of the brilliant students of the arcane, but his interest in the dark arts grew more demanding as he recovered ancient scrolls of dark magic from the lost archives of Lesallia. The arcana that flows in him hungers for more knowledge of the absurd black arcane. . .

 
After becoming a disputed wizard of Lesallia, he sought to find more and more of the dark magic that Lesallia has to offer, unknowingly he was being devoured by the ever-consuming arcana of darkness. His soul felt hungry for demented power, twisted magic and sadistic knowledge of the darker side of the arcane elements. And slowly, he became the black wizard that he sought to conquer.
Dark incantations fill his memory and the arcana that flows in him was reversed into a tainted stream of pure black mana. He used this dark magic to kill and to destroy just to get his hands on valuable information of how to develop such limitless mana. Doing so, he ruined himself and transformed himself into a merciless sorcerer with legendary spells not known even to the highest of mages.
He was exiled and he lived as an outcast of Lesallia, fending for himself, now hungry for more sadistic magic, his evil ways were cast away from the land. And like a symbiote, the dark grasp of the black arcane stuck to his soul. There was one set of artifact left undug. The tome of the seven arcana elements, written by ancient priests of magic that contains knowledge about the arcana element that exist in the multiverse. It held unknown spells and incantations that draw incredible and unseen magic, magic that no man should ever lay his eyes upon. It was rumored to exist somewhere in Lesallia but the few entitites that know its existence and whereabouts lost their sanity, thus its location remains a mystery. 
And now as he returned to the tainted grounds of Lesallia as a dark wizard, a messenger in a form of a glowing orb appeared to him like and promised a tome of power that would free him from the curse. Words were inscripted to it like a hand writing of some sort, and as he turned it around and read it, a riddle showed itself into him and said,
Seek a tavern of boars and snakes
Where wind meets earth and fire still shakes,
Seek a door with fangs of a tiger,
A door guarded by a sidewinder;
You will find more than the treasure you seek,
And your efforts to cleanse yourself would not be so meek;
Go forth and waste no moment
Face her patience or her torment
He read it once and knew where exactly to go. He knew who sent it and the reason why it was sent. An opportunity grasps his evil intents; an artifact of power should be his and all its knowledge would be under his control for eternity. A grim smile suddenly slashed his face and under the black hood a manic stare glowed in his eyes.
As the glowing orb crumbled to dust, in one flash of dark magic, Vangz the black wizard disappeared from view.
 


© 2008 LoreMaster




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5 Views
Added on October 14, 2008


Author

LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Philippines



About
Each Lore contains a story, And each story is a Pandora's box I have bound my soul to each word that came to pass I embody the words, and my spirit is the pen that writes I am the lifeform t.. more..

Writing