The Melancholy at Work

The Melancholy at Work

A Poem by Amber Victoria Tudor
"

see title

"

 

Black bile runs too heavy

In the veins stretched across my arms

So easily cut

Let the thick blood

Run

 

© 2008 Amber Victoria Tudor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just awesome! I can feel the temptation inside.

Thank you.

Raja

Posted 15 Years Ago


A cleansing so to speak. Let it out, but don't let it loose. Damn fine piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It might be a good idea to continue this theme of melancholy? I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about it. This seems more like a fragment to me. Personally the whole 'cutting' phenomena seems very bizarre to me, but maybe feeling something is at the root of it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I totaly understand you. Good poem, almost haiku...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Melancholy? Quite! Deep and reflective, with the haunting revelation that we are all too easily cut and our life hangs on a much too thin thread...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Why do people always seem to complain, or alude to the idea that something is wrong with it, if a poem is short? If the emotion is poured into twenty stanzas, or two, or even one, what difference does this make? Haiku is short, yet I never hear anmyone complaining about that. Anyway, I loved this poem. It represented the angst that I think many people feel, so it is easily relatable. Nice write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I found myself a bit confused by the use of "bile". I assumed that it had some significance, thinking that you'd have used "fluid". I was hung up on why you used the term because I was thinking of bile as the fluid produced by the pancreas. Then I looked it up and I saw that bile was also used as a synonym for "hate". That was a moment of dawning.

I understud much more clearly then and it made sense and resonated with me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


words that express vividly and understaniblly

Posted 16 Years Ago


Why do all teenagers write about cutting themselves? When I was growing up, teenagers didn't cut themselves�they threw temper-tantrums, I think�

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I like the imagery. Bile in place of blood evokes a much more creative image. It's... short of course, but that's a given. Let this be my first review that is longer than the piece I am reviewing.

-Lain/Ian/Crovax, Ascendant Evincar

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2008

Author

Amber Victoria Tudor
Amber Victoria Tudor

Lake Forest, CA



About
Aspiring writer, professor, championship poker player, world traveler, etc. Enjoy. or not. also, check out my online magazine, more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Contamination Contamination

A Poem by holly