So when you stand naked in a field, what will you think?

So when you stand naked in a field, what will you think?

A Poem by Amber Victoria Tudor
"

Do not ask me why I named it that. I dunno, impulse, maybe? Here's a new piece of work, tasty.

"

 

One day concrete will be the relic
That whispers in your ear
“I told you so”
That day screeching sirens have halted
Purging distasteful sounds no more
And silence will mock with stares
That screams
“You should have known”
Is this your Armageddon?
Is this the End of Days?
What Glory lies in sulfur?

It leaves such a bad taste

© 2008 Amber Victoria Tudor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one as well, but I think there must be a sequel to this poem. I have not issue with the name. It is perfect.

Good Work.

Thank you.

Raja

Posted 15 Years Ago


An interesting piece. I like the feel of this. Diabolically apocalyptic without the big bang and the big band playing on. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Now what eh? Try to get published, I know the feeling though, writing doesn't always lead to concrete rewards. But you obviously have talent, and you should refine this skill, keep growing in your literary awareness and range of emotions and thoughts you are able to embody in your work!

Would you care to join my group, Existential advocates? You would be most welcome.

I very much like the doomsday feel of this piece, I've often tried to replicate the same sense, without mushc success I might add. You've definately got my attention, have you entered any of the competitions on this site?

The start and end of this piece are brililant, and I like your style of short poems. I'd like to read another of this kind, maybe on environmental issues?

Posted 16 Years Ago


Amazing!!! Each phrase is like a world unto itself, with vivid imagery that leads us to the edge of the Grave! The abstractness of the title lends well to the depth of the work. Brilliant!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well presented and crisp. This poem will is kept in a quizzical point where we wish we can read more, but everything needed is presented well within the few lines. It is a snapshot that carries its message, and yet it can also work to make a reader ask for a story.

It is wonderful and enjoyable. A good read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


oops, and oh,
And silence will mock with stares
That scream(s?)



Posted 16 Years Ago


glorious, I love the sound and feel of it, short powerful and breezy feeling all at once.
My only crit is that upon first read {and this is a mixed crit because on second read it works seamlessly}
-That day screeching sirens have halted, sounded off and to me, IMHO 'that' could have been 'the' and the length would have been super smooth, but then again as I said on second read it was like buttah. ? I dunno;)
Im just trying to be better about taking the time to really share my crits;) along with my praises.


but yes the rest of it {title included} is fabulous. tasty indeed.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2008

Author

Amber Victoria Tudor
Amber Victoria Tudor

Lake Forest, CA



About
Aspiring writer, professor, championship poker player, world traveler, etc. Enjoy. or not. also, check out my online magazine, more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..