Fateless-Chapter 4

Fateless-Chapter 4

A Chapter by The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
"

More dialogue between the angels.

"
This time, it was the male who decided to visit his friend. Fading into sight, he found himself next to her, standing on a broken dam facing a flooded town. They stood in silence for a few minutes before she spoke. "Everyone knew the dam wasn't safe, I just decided to break it at a time when most people were at work.
He looked at the scene. Women and children stood atop their houses in tears as the flood continued to flow through their homes. A few bodies bobbed up and down, caught in debris.
"I managed to change a life without causing death." he spoke. "In fact, I saved an innocent life."
"I'm sure that's not all you did." she responded, knowing that solutions were never that easy.
"No." He hung his head. Of course she would suspect a loophole. "I also gave a curse, an ultimatum."
She gave a sad smirk. "What I've come to understand, is that humans never care unless somebody dies. Even if they do die, sometimes they still don't care. Look at Africa, India, even in developed, first-world countries, people starve to death, and the rest just let them."
He quoted her: "I have to make peoples' hearts better any way possible."
She laughed out loud, a sound he had not ever heard. "I guess so." She patted his shoulder. "If this is what you want, keep doing it. You can change lives and hearts however you want, so long as it works."
He nodded. "I will. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten my mission."
As she faded away, he felt another tug pull at his mind. "This again?" he whispered aloud. Did another human soul require his attention? He closed his eyes and sighed, dematerializing into nothingness, letting the tug at his consciousness lead the way.


© 2010 The Dudeman (Kenneth T)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This a outstanding chapter.
"What I've come to understand, is that humans never care unless somebody dies. Even if they do die, sometimes they still don't care. Look at Africa, India, even in developed, first-world countries, people starve to death, and the rest just let them."
These words are fact. This is a outstanding story. I hope to read more.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was really good I couldn't stop reading this can't wait for more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this chapter, especially how you also managed to bring some real-world problems into this with the bit about Africa and such. I also thought your last sentence was a really great end to the scene, it leaves us kind of suspenseful and anticipating the next story. Good job! : D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 9, 2010


Author

The Dudeman (Kenneth T)
The Dudeman (Kenneth T)

E'ville, WI



About
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth. I'm 18 years old and I'm the most conflicted person you'll ever meet. Different people know me as a nerd, an emo, a bad a*s, a pervert, and a hopeless romantic. I have jumped o.. more..

Writing