terms of grief

terms of grief

A Poem by m.s.early

If buried the long dream beneath a shade waiting,
the stone placed at the rotting head,
the dirt cast with resentment will wash away,
but that cast with grief will remain beyond the ground.

The rain of memories erodes the past but not gracefully,
to not banish the past in the recess of sleep,
but instead seal it in a pleasant box or jar bequeathed,
(points of regression or reflection,
and the pain less forgotten sparks wisdom).

Together hands envelope hearts and spirit rising,
flowing compassion,
warmth embraced.

© 2014 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm here..trudging through grief...but after reading this again, ive decided to dry my woes. I'm going to be satisfied in her death. Satisfied that she lived and loved. I'm going to be reassured in her now painless soul. She can be happy and free and I will be happy with her. Ty!

Posted 6 Years Ago


m.s. early,
"terms of grief"
I truly appreciated this thoughtful poem of process; process of dealing with loss and what that encompasses.
"Buried the long dream beneath a shade waiting."
Then the process itself; dirt cast with resentment will wash away." and that cast with grief will remain beyond the ground." Grace here somehow.
"Rain of memories erodes the past but not gracefully..not banish the past in the recess of sleep..in a pleasant box or jar bequeathed....flowing compassion, warmth embraced."
I was taken by the meaningful movement forward through the stages of acceptance. This could be the relinquishing of a unmet desire, or dream. as well as a tribute to a loved one............
Very nice poem..............Blessings, kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


I don't think I have had the pleasure of feeling the warmth in death yet, but I know that it exists. I have seen it before radiating out among loved ones. I've heard it in clear thick voices. Voices like yours, here in this visual ulogy.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I see so much in the bottles you have buried in the dirt. They tell of lifetimes.I wondered at first if they were meant to crash here, accidently buried beneath the wreckage....now I know .... one for each passing...like chips or souvenirs. Mourning and celebrating life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


"The rain of memories erodes the past but not gracefully,
to not banish the past in the recess of sleep,"
Grief is the hardest time for us. Your statement will lonely and I could feel the separation. I like poetry. Allowed me to release pain and hurt. I like the closure of the poem. Made the excellent poem complete.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B.J
I wish I had seen your poem a few years ago when I needed support during a bad time

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

How touching Barb. Perhaps things occur when they must. Thank you.
B.J

10 Years Ago

Your welcome
My interpretation is of one who was never afraid of dying and those left to remember will grieve for what could have been. Time heals all wounds they say. Perhaps, but maybe not. Terms of endearment are reached therefore the sun can shine again. Your thought process is interesting to me. I am intrigued to know where you find your muse. In a short piece, you are capable of resonating a mystery of where this began and just what you were thinking. I, personally, like to be left with some mystery. Thanks for leaving me with that.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2014

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil


see me see me

A Poem by m.s.early


She.. She..

A Poem by Saumya