see me

see me

A Poem by m.s.early
"

True friendship

"

As if pontificating in a reading chair,
scratching a proverbial chin and smoking a pretentious pipe...
pretending to have just closed some thick obtrusive book
that only the wise and rich are privileged to read,
and looking up to noticeably devote my attention to you…

If I weren’t so aware of my transparency I’d construct my lines more carefully,
but what’s the use?

You already know that I only believe something for so long.

You already know that I can spend hours expounding on things I know nothing about.

You’ve seen me naked and scratching, waiting for the revolution.
You knew before I did that it was all a grand illusion.

I let you because you didn’t attack when the walls were weak.

 

 

© 2014 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

appreciating arrogance.....

Posted 5 Years Ago


Im sitting here..reading...being made love to by all these words....but alas, I am not full. My word bank overflowing and I am still famished. I think our friendship keeps me hungry.

Posted 6 Years Ago


m.s.early,
"see me" the title expresses the reality of really knowing and being known by ourselves and others. In this case one person in your life.
The feeling of familiarity is a blessing. we do not need to put on an act or if we do the loved one is not fooled. "If I weren't so aware of my transparency i'd construct my lines more carefully, but what's the use? You already know that I only believe something for so long.
You've seen me ....waiting for the revolution..you knew before I did that it was all a grand illusion.
Oh the goodness of being able to just be and know we are OK right where we are.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


I let you in because you didn't attack when the walls were weak...how did we get so strong when we always felt weak.....

Posted 7 Years Ago


It is funny how people believe that they are not deserving and ALL they want is that thing...when it's been there all along.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I am going to be honest: The imagery that came across my mind varies from one to another every time I read and reread your poem... and I am not ashamed to say that the last imagery I've got is; a person who's lying in his bed (the poet), unclothed and flagging after an intercourse with the other person who's -clothed- setting on a chair, reading this fancy book trying to get attention while no attention is required because you have already "let" that person "in".
In the very end, I am in awe. I appreciate your style of writing and I appreciate the illusions you take me to every single time.
I adore especially the very first lines.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

I appreciate noticing that the one with focus is ironically trying to secure attention from someone .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B.J
Ha! made me smile and think of a lot of people I know

Posted 10 Years Ago


But I gather this backfired on you. Nice piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Doesn't it always to a pompous a*s? lol.
First time I read your work...Very good...:)..................

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is my favorite of yours yet. I feel like I could be glancing at a person full of wisdom. Or perhaps I entertain that at some point in my life, along will come a wise one who will look to me as the words here speak. When I see a writer show intimate feelings without holding back, this is when respect begins to grow. As far as the poem, the word play shows intelligence which is much different than being smart. Those are two different animals. The last line leaves me with many questions. Good piece. Write on and on!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil