Restoration - Part I (easily broken)

Restoration - Part I (easily broken)

A Poem by m.s.early

the seam imperatively breeched,
impossibly predicting your touch.
even the most inanimate and such
find themselves dislodged and impeached ,
surprised and between your teeth.
how do you mastermind as much
without the modesty of a blush?
are you frozen solid or evil underneath?
your ghostless soul does not know eternity.
infinity only exists between your words.
you are noxious when your grip begirds,
and all things are easily broken when you breathe.
why do you shudder as if this truth is absurd?
remove you parasite! from the depths of me...

© 2014 m.s.early


Author's Note

m.s.early
Petrarchan
Octet: a b b a a b b a
Sestet: c d d c d c

Constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Restoration-Part 1 (easily broken)
m.s.early,
The flow and beautiful measured lines bring intensity to your above writing. I cannot know exactly what has brought the feelings to this place. It seems as if you are speaking out of a struggle to stay above inner collapse or great depression or sadness. This felt to me like a very brave effort to address what needs to be analyzed and fixed. If possible. Sometimes inner work, is truly work! I was impressed with the courage of facing a hard reality. Wonderful Work!
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


When I was but a princess... I thought I needed this kinda control over man....but as I blossomed into the queen I am today I realized that in order for a man to be a king...he must be treated and respected as one...dark angels sometimes just need more love. Way to let it go X...from the anger ..to the words ...and out to let light in...Maybe your a maker of Queens:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Some things cover up what another is through appearance. Something hard to swallow nor fathom. Most intelligent people don't even know their very own mind strength and come across with no conscious. Many times, a person can become numb and that is a protection mechanism. Due to not "feeling" this person could lose or win. While it's easy and believe one has another figured out, the presumption may not be absolute. Waters run deep. If it can't be fathomed, yes, walk away.

I love this piece because you pull of the Octet and Sestet with such raw words of honesty. I would change the last line to be a little more flowing. Remove your very parasite, no lurking in me. Just an idea.

Posted 10 Years Ago


We have a lot of them in my country - relations who eternally seek monetary support especially from ones who live and work abroad but then, we are Third World where opportunities are scarce and so, though resentful and exhausted, we keep on giving....

Posted 10 Years Ago


brings to mind being in the grip of an all-consuming sickness for which there is no defense. but to recognize it for what it is, gives you some power over it and makes it a little bearable.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

(: thank you. well put. :)
m.s.early

10 Years Ago

(: thank you. well put. :)
I think this is a superb write. I don't know why, but I don't think ghostless requires a hyphen, even tho the damned squiggly red line commands it. Also, last line would be more stark and dramatic without the ! in my opinion, but get others, for sure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

The hyphen is noticeably out of place and was forced by that damn squiggly line lol.
Your crit.. read more
Holy Crap, it sounds like something wicked this way comes and won't leave me the hell alone. X, getting kind of dark in here my friend...I may need a flashlight to see around in your poetry before long. :)

Very cool my friend, deep, dark and done to prefection.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Thanks Jack. Parts of my history contains a struggle. To use the term "from demons" is cliche' but a.. read more
Wow, cutting and abrasive, is this a woman parasite of which you speak, nah, we're all lovable and adorable, couldn't be! Why don't you tell us how you really feel xavier, don't hold back hon!





Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Oh you girls do want all the attention sometimes lol... but alas, this that black angel on conscious.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Haha and you love it...ahh, the black angel, must be male so ;-)
Some things are fragile and easily can break if we are not careful. I'm glad you wrote this poem to break things down for us in a truth...:)............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

That will be a good title for a poem...:)...................
m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Good idea Sami! Look for it :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:)...........................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2014

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..