Sentenced To Abandonment

Sentenced To Abandonment

A Chapter by SkrillexLover :)

Alexis Lexa R. Barlett (Lexa Ricky Barlett)

 

    I sit there in my chair wondering why. Why does it matter that I'm different from everyone else? Sure, the people in Sector 21 wear boring and dull colors and I wear black, hot pink, and studs. And sure, They have neat, tidy hair and I have wild, kind-of messy hair with hot pink streaks. They don't wear any make-up either, but I wear black eyeliner, sparkley hot pink eyeshadow, and lip gloss. Okay, I get it now. I don't belong. I don't belong to a nice, tidy, cizilized place. I look down at my fingers and start fiddling with them. Then started to play with my great grandmother's wedding garter. I wear it like a bracelet.

    "Miss Barlett? It's time for your judgement to begin." The lady bedind the desk said with disgust and a little bit of pity. I got up and walked to the doors that led to the "judgement" room, still looking down at my hands.

    The judgement room is where they decide to "keep" you or not. If you don't pass then you are abandoned with a bunch of other kids or adults on someplace alien to to, faraway from your home. With no way back. I probably won't pass. But, who would care? My mom wouldn't. My dad was abandoned, too, so he probably would be the only one who would care.

    My mother said I'm just like my father. Careless, wild, adventureous. That's the reason she loved him. He wasn't afraid to say what he thinks. But, she sees disgust in me. Of course. I'm a different kind of wild, I guess. I'm scene. I don't cut myself, I don't act all emotionless either. I have a bubbly aditude, a smile on my face most of the days when I'm not depressed, and I'm super nice. But, I dress like I'm emo. And, I'm interested in emo things. I'm different from everyone else here in Sector 21. That's why they want me gone.

    Then, someone cleared their throat and snapped me back into focus. I looked up from my hand to a man. He signaled to the chair behind the table. I did as I was told to do.

    "So, Alexis-"

    "It's Lexa." I said with a warm smile on my face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just don't really like the name Alexis. Now, please, continue." I sounded like a suck-up, but I was doing my best to not upset the man.

    "Okay, Lexa, do you know why you're here?" He asked politely.

    "Yes, I'm here because I'm.... different" It was a struggle to get the last word out.

    "Do you know why you're different?"

    "Yes, it's because I'm scene." I looked once more at my hands. "But, I wouldn't change for anyone" I muttered under my breath.

    "What was that? Did you say something?" Crap. He heard me. Well, theres no point in lying.

    "I said that I wouldn't change for anyone. Not even if they threatened to abandon me on someplace far away from here." I spat out meekly.

    "Well, I guess that concludes our time here. Since you won't change, we won't bother keeping you here in Sector 21. Your boat will be ready tomarrow morning. Pack a backback full of your stuff. The boat will carry supplies that will last your group for a year. You can leave now." He turned around and walked out the back door. And I ran home, tears streaming down my face. People stared, but I don't care.

 

Kristipher Kris L. Harvey (Kris Lyle Harvey)

 

    I put my hands behind me head while my father shouted at me. This seemed to bother him, so I started to close my eyes, just to bother him more. It worked. He left the room, steaming. I chuckled when I heard him punch the wall. My dad is such a freak.

    I got out my note book and scribbled down a poem.

As you scream and yell

I sit here and smile.

 

You know I don’t care

But, you try anyway.

Sometimes I wonder

If you really do understand

But you probably don’t

So I wont bother wondering anymore.

 

    I smiled at my poem and shut my notebook. I went to go pack my backpack, because I'm being abandoned tomarrow. I knew this would hurt my dad, so I specifically asked for it. I stuffed my notebook in the front pocket and blew my long-ish, black, scene hair out of my eyes so I could see better. My dad also hated that I was scene, so I was extra proud to be scene.

    When I was finished packing I went to my bedroom and took a nap. I dreamed of the place they took us to. I dreamed of the people that would come with me. Probably criminals or mental/phsyco people. I hope there is at least ONE person there that I can relate to. I hope they aren't from my sector (Sector 15). I fell asleep and didn't have anymore dreams.

 

Elliot Elli J. Hawke (Elli James Hawke. Elli is pronounced like ee-lie)

 

    "Im so sorry, Mom." I said with sincerity.

    "It's ok. Just promise me that you will be carefull." She said and forced a smile on her face.

    "Promise. I know it has been hard for you to deal with a scene kid like me, because I'm so different from everyone else. Thank you for supporting my choices."

    "You're welcome, hun. Now go get some sleep for tomarrow. You will need energy to stay alive." She forced another smile and a tear ran down her cheek. I hugged her to make her feel better. Then, I let go and went to my bedroom and lay in my bed. I heard a knock at my door.

    "Come in."

    "Just one last thing, Elliot." It was my mom, again. Her eyes were red from crying. She held out her hand and I got up to retrieve the item. She opened her hand and and a ring was in her palm. It had a black studded band wih a green jewl in the middle. My eyes widened.

    "For me?" I asked.

    "Nawww.." She rolled her eyes." I was going to give this to you on your birthday, but I won't be able to see you. I decided to give it to you now." I took it from her hand and slid it on my ring finger.

    "Thanks, Mom." I embraced her in a hug, tears now falling from my eyes. Why was Sector 8 so harsh?

 

Victoria Vicky N. Spencer (Vicky Nicole Spencer)

    I watched as my home went up in flames. Tears running and pouring from my eyes, with me not even feeling them. Then, I realized who did this. It was because of my mother. I ran over to her, my fist ready for a fight.

    "You did this! You stupid fool! Why did you you have to light the stupid candle and light the house on fire!" I was screaming, but crying at the same time. I pushed her into our pickup truck, my left hand around her neck and my right raised to throw a punch. "Why?" I snapped my arm forward and punched her straight in the nose.

     "VICTORIA!" My father shouted at the top of his lungs. I was throwing punches, slaps, and kicks now. My mother's eyes wide with fear. I felt my father's hands on my shoulders, trying to pry me off of my mother. It didn't work, so he wrapped his arms around my stomach and threw me over his shoulder. I kicked him in the nuts and he dropped me. I started punching him, too. Then, the police showed up, took me to the station, and told me that I had to get on a boat and go get dropped off somewhere with a bunch of strangers. They told me all of them were my age and that they were scene, like me. I acceped, even though I didn't have a choice. I didn't even say goodbye to my parents. I stayed at the police station all night. They gave my a yellow, plastic flower for behaving myself.



© 2012 SkrillexLover :)


Author's Note

SkrillexLover :)
This was kind-of like a brackround on all the characters. From now on it will be 1 or 2 characters per chapter. Hope you guys like it! :) btw please tell me who ur fav character is so far :) thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

THE YELLOW PLASTIC FLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
i love this! its truely amazing work! i cant wait to read more !! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice work savannah, very nice way to start off ur new book :) i like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I luv it ^^
Imma post on ur profile my fav now..but keep up the good work

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

SkrillexLover :)
SkrillexLover :)

Citrus Heights, CA



About
Tell me who is your favorite character from Void: Lexa Barlett Kris Harvey Elliot Hawke Vicky Spencer more..

Writing